Mission 2: A New Homeland

Moderator: Zanaikin

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Mission 2: A New Homeland

Postby Laharl » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:40 am

Yuuta charges at one of the archers.

Attack: 25
Damage: 30
AC: 27 on miss, 32 on hit, +3 guard

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:54 am

Terasaka double moves forward to support Yuuta.

(How far are we from the wall?)
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:09 pm

( Terasaka just came over the battlements... can charge at either one of the archers from this position )

The archer dodges Yuuta's shortsword, tosses aside his bow, and draws his katana before slashing at Yuuta, which he manages to parry aside.

The other archer on the wall turns his bow to take aim at Yuuta before firing, sending an arrow straight into his shoulder (17 piercing dmg).

Two arrows fly in from the inner wall battlements (100ft away) towards Terasaka, but he evaded both of them.

Yumi also flies over the battlements and shoots an arrow straight into the archer that Yuuta engaged (she had a speed advantage during the run-up).

( Shigeru flies over the battlements )

The two dozen ashigaru to the northeast rushes closer (60ft away now), but already pivoted to face Ryouga's and Tougou's squads. To the west, four katana samurai, including an officer, was rushing over under the battlements 120ft away, but Heita's squad was moving to intercept them.

( back to top of Initiative: Dave, Judson, go! )
( remember your objective is to take and hold the inner walls' main gate, which is on the east side )
( see my sig for googledoc mapgrid )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:14 am

Terasaka double moves up to the samurai Yuuta is fighting, attempting to get into a flanking position (or a spot where Yuuta can 5-foot-step and be flanking)

DC 20 Will save to avoid being shaken from Aura of Doom, and a DC 20 Will save to avoid the effects of Archon's Aura (-2 on attacks, AC, and saves). Failing the save against the Archon's Aura should make him unable to guard due to the AC penalty.

AC: 33; +5 guard

(Dave don't forget the +3 AC from Shield of Faith)
(Also, I can't access Google Docs, either from work or home. Can you put an image of the map in the thread?)
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Laharl
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:00 am

(Oh, sorry. And I assume you mean after me...)

Yuuta blindsides (if that's not possible from where I start, 5' step to N8 first) the archer. If no 5' step was required and the archer drops, Yuuta flies towards the gate as fast as he can.

Acrobatics 38
Attack 22
Damage 32
AC 37 on a hit, 32 else

While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:33 am

Yuuta dodges to the left and then tumbles under the enemy, coming up behind them and stabs his shortsword into the archer's back, critically injurying the enemy.

Terasaka gets into a flanking position... the enemy seems somewhat menaced by the auras that he is emanating.

Archer2 attempts to slash at Yuuta again, but was easily evaded. The other archer on the outer battlements fired an arrow at Terasaka, which was also dodged.

Two arrows flew out of the inner wall battlements at Yumi, who managed to just barely dodge both, partially thank to the deflective buffs.

Yumi lands, took aim, and fired a single shot at Archer2, but he managed to block it with his buckler.

( marty is up : in addition to the other archer, there's also enemy reinforcements about to hit allied unit offmap 60ft to the NE ... including 21 ashigaru and 2 officers).
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:51 am

Shigeru turns to the group heading towards the allied forces and launches an explosive bomb into their midst!

(Attack 1: 1d20+13 = 24)
(Attack 2: 1d20+13 = 26)
(Damage 1: 7d6+7 = 30 fire, plus catch on fire for 3d6 fire/round (DC21 REF to put out))
(Damage 2: 7d6+7 = 39 fire, plus catch on fire for 3d6 fire/round (DC21 REF to put out))
(Splash Damage in 10' around both targets: 14 fire, Ref DC19 for half)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:02 am

Shigeru's bomb lands in the middle of the formation, its explosion igniting two of them while burning three others nearby. Seconds later, the Wolf Fangs' shock squads, lead by their leader, charged straight into the broken Ashigaru line, which began to collapse almost instantly...

To the west, Tougou's squad charged and engaged the four Mouri samurai...

( next: Dave and Judson )

Map.JPG
Map.JPG (56.65 KiB) Viewed 12210 times
|

()

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:50 am

Yuuta attempts to finish off the archer.

Attack: 24
Damage: 31

AC: 37

Assuming he's dead, Yuuta then moves towards this gate at full speed.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:17 am

Yuuta just barely manages to stick his shortsword in the chinks of the archer's breastplate. The enemy collapses onto the ground a moment later, while Yuuta takes off 60ft towards the N-NE where the inner wall gates should be...
|

()

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:24 am

Terasaka moves up to attack Archer 1.

Attack: 24
Damage: 22 (b+p)

He also must save against Aura of Doom and Archon's Aura.

AC: 33; +5 guard
HP: 60/60
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:58 am

The archer was left noticeably shaken, but nevertheless managed to deflect Terasaka's morningstar with his armor. He then tossed aside his longbow, drew his sword, and slashes at Terasaka--- which was easily dodged.

Yumi moved up to 10ft left of Yuuta and fired an arrow straight through the battlements' firing gap, but the archer blocked it with his buckler.

Another ~60ft ahead of Yuuta, sheltered behind the cover of the inner wall battlements, two more samurai archers took aim and fired, the arrows zipping right pass Yuuta and towards Shigeru. One of them veered off as it was deflected by the magic aura, but the other struck Shigeru on the shoulder (22 piercing dmg).

( Marty is up again )
( there are 3 notable targets to choose from here: )
( 1. There's two archers behind battlement covers 120ft away N-NE, which is also the direction of your objective. Due to the height you can't see what else is behind the inner walls yet [you'd need a double-move straight up])
( 2. The archer that Judson is fighting... on map )
( 3. The Wolf Fangs are mixed up in a chaotic melee with ~20 enemy spearmen 60ft to the east, and the allies are obviously winning ).

( Dave and Judson: you can post your turns also, lest something you're to do depends on Marty's action )
|

()

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:09 am

Shigeru flies to D5, draws his pistol, and fires at the archer.

(Attack Roll: 1d20+13 = 33->43 Touch (CRIT THREAT, Confirmation: 1d20+13 = 28 Touch))
(Damage Roll: 12d8+16 = 61 Bludgeoning and Piercing, (assuming that doesn't kill the archer outright, it is stunned for 1 round unless they make a Fortitude save (DC 61). This duration increases by 1 round for every 5 points they fail the save by.)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:13 am

Shigeru's pistol bullet punches straight through the archer's chest and out its back, leaving a fist-sized hole gaping through him... the Archer died of shock before he even fell on the ground.

(dave go)
|

()

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:18 am

Yuuta flies towards those covered archers. (Double move).

AC: 32

Return to “Missions”