Mission 1 Postmission Interlude

Moderator: Zanaikin

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Re: Mission 1 Postmission Interlude

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:12 am

Con Check:
1d20+5 = 14
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Oct. 5th Night Encounter

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:40 am

[Everyone manages to push on for another hour without getting tired... then sets camp for the night...]

On the 6th hour of the night, as Daichi and Daisuke were on watch, sitting back to back and looking out into Death Lands, Daichi caught some sign of movement out to the west. Thankfully it was a night with clear skies, and the moonlight made visibility decent. As he tapped Daisuke to confirm what he saw, the distinct outline of a red oni could be seen about 100-some feet out from the camp and moving towards them...

The two didn't waste any time before they rose to bang their weapons on their shields, making as much noise as possible while crying out: "Oni! attackers to the east!"

[Since I doubt any of you wearing medium/heavy armor would sleep in it, those who are wouldn't have time to swap in].

By the time each of you got off the ground and looked in the general direction, the Oni were already coming into charge distance (80ft for them)... there were 4 red oni brandishing large maces, and 5 blue ones following in their wake.

[Roll Initiatives]
[Oni are still really easy to hit but really tough to take down; plus they're very heavy hitting]
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Sajuuk
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:00 am

(Initiative: 1d20+8 = 27)

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:52 am

(Initiative: 1d20+9=20)

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:19 am

(Initiative: 1d20+4= 17)
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:43 am

(Initiative: 1d20+5 = 20)
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:46 pm

While everyone else is getting up, Daichi and Daisuke moves up, shoulder to shoulder, and take a defensive stance with their shields readied to guard...

We're playing these out SRPG style~ you know the order:

Shigeru(Marty) -> Red Oni -> Yuuta(Dave) -> Terasaka (Judson) -> Katsurou(Drew) -> Yumi -> Daichi/Daisuke -> Blue Oni

Marty goes first

Highlighted section has bright illumination... anywhere else and you'd wish you took BlindFight(shadowy illumination: 20% miss chance. You can roll, or I roll if you forget). Having either Darkvision or Low-Light Vision will work to your favor here. Up side is actually East... drew the map bit wrong and too lazy to correct <.<
Map.JPG
Map.JPG (90.43 KiB) Viewed 150045 times

[--- time for a "warm up" battle --- please list AC and guard mods (shield AC + 1/2 BAB) on your post ]
[ Tonight's conditions aren't too bad, but you guys might want to set up a "Camp Policy": the usual watches, laying down some perimeter obstacles (no caltrops anyone?), maybe perimeter fires to expand good sight range, etc].
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:26 pm

(AC: 22, Guard Mod: +2 and irrelevant since I'm not armed with a melee weapon or shield at the moment)

Shigeru moves to O17 and loads an explosive bomb into his Alchemical Cannon, launching it to hit the Blue Oni in P3 and angling it to hit Q4 as well with the main explosion.
(Attack Roll: 1d20+12 = 17)
(Damage to Blue Oni in P3: 6d6+6 = 30 fire damage)
(Blue Oni in P3 catches on fire for 1d6 fire damage/round, DC 19 Reflex save to extinguish itself on its turn, rolling on the ground gives a +2 to the save)
(Shaped Splash - Attack Roll on Red Oni in Q4: 1d20+12 = 16)
(Damage to Red Oni in Q4: 6d6+6 = 27 fire damage)
(Blue Oni in Q4 catches on fire for 1d6 fire damage/round, DC 19 Reflex save to extinguish itself on its turn, rolling on the ground gives a +2 to the save)
(Splash Damage to N2, R2, O4, Q4: 12 fire, DC19 Reflex save for half)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:02 pm

The bomb lands a direct hit on the Blue and exploded, its main fragment then ricocheting off to strike the nearby Red. The Blue was moderately wounded, the Red was also obviously in pain but looked far more angry than hurt. None of the other oni that got caught in the blast radius managed to evade, but they mostly shrugged off the fire with only light wounds.

While the Red that caught on fire (Q4) extinguished the flames with its bare hands, the other three charged at Daichi and Daisuke (move to M13, O13, and P14) with their giant maces. The two managed to block the first two attacks with their shields, but the third slammed the shield aside and struck Daisuke hard--- the sound of ribs cracking was a sign of just how critically he was injured, although he managed to keep standing.

[P3 Blue still on fire: attacks made against it no longer suffer concealment regardless of location]

Dave, Judson, and Drew, go!
|

()

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:43 am

AC: 24; Guard +4 (2 per round)

Terasaka runs up to reinforce Daichi and Daisuke, stabbing viciously at one of the red oni attacking them.

(move to M15, attack red on M13, activate Combat Expertise)
Attack: 1d20+16 = 24
Damage: 3d10+23 = 39 piercing
Last edited by TheDude51 on Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Laharl
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:36 am

Yuuta charges up to M14 and stabs viciously at the oni there.

Attack: 1d20+17=33
Damage: 34 + 4 bleed

AC: 28 (no guard that I'm aware of)

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:09 pm

[I forgot to denote on map that these are large creatures (facepalm), but as you can guess by the positioning they do have reach--- please keep that in mind in future].

Both Yuuta and Terasaka tears into the leftmost Red's flesh with their weapons, but the moderate injuries they inflicted mostly seemed to make the Red angry.

[Map update]
[Drew it's your turn.]
Map.JPG
Map.JPG (64.81 KiB) Viewed 150003 times
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:40 pm

"STRENGTH AND HONOR!" Katsurou roared as he surged towards the right-most Oni.

(Combat Expertise Engaged
Declaring Challenge Target: Rightmost Red Oni
Move to Q16 Attack: 1d20+13= 30
Damage: 33 (slashing)

AC: 22 (23 vs target))

Note: Bonuses to Party from Banner
+1 morale vs mind-affecting
+4 morale vs fear
+3 morale on charge attacks
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:11 pm

Katsurou slashes into the rightmost Red, injuring it somewhat but didn't cut too deeply...

Yumi notched and fired two arrows, then a third, against the same Red Katsurou engaged. All three of them struck the target, with the third managing to pierce particularly deep into the ribs on the left side (nat20), causing it to actually flinch for a moment with all the damaged piled on within seconds...

Daichi and the badly injured Daisuke once again went into a completely defensive stance on the front...

The leftmost Blue maneuvered up to within reach of Yuuta, while the rightmost Blue charged at Katsurou, only to have tripped over something along the way (nat1) and fallen prone right in front of him. One of them then spent its time putting out the fire from Shigeru's bomb, while the other two Blues merely began to maneuver towards the right flank where they might get a chance to beat on something...

next : Marty

[map update... there's still a blue (that marty hit last round) offscreen...]
Map.JPG
Map.JPG (110.42 KiB) Viewed 149999 times
|

()

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:20 am

Shigeru launches another bomb to P12, hitting that Oni

(Attack Roll: 1d20+12 = 22)
(Damage to Red Oni in P12: 6d6+6 = 30 fire damage)
(Red Oni in P12 catches on fire for 3d6 fire damage/round, DC 19 Reflex save to extinguish itself on its turn, rolling on the ground gives a +2 to the save)
(Shaped Splash - Attack Roll on Red Oni in Q13: 1d20+12 = 32 (Nat 20) -> 42 [Confirm Roll: 1d20+12 = 29)
(Damage to Red Oni in Q13: 6d6+6 = 33 fire damage -> CRITICAL -> 66 fire damage)
(Red Oni in Q13 catches on fire for 3d6 fire damage/round, DC 19 Reflex save to extinguish itself on its turn, rolling on the ground gives a +2 to the save)
(Splash Damage to Oni R1: 12 fire, DC19 Reflex save for half)

Shigeru then moves to N19, attempting to use the campfire to deter the Oni from charging at him.

Return to “Missions”