Mission 1 Postmission Interlude

Moderator: Zanaikin

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Mission 1 Postmission Interlude

Postby Laharl » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:02 am

Perception: 1d20+11=41 (nat 20)
Perception: 1d20+11=29

Survival (tracking): 1d20+30=37 (nice rolling on those aid checks, guys! my bonus was doubled)
Survival (tracking): 1d20+26=43

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:31 pm

The party resuming heading southwest, hoping to meet another group to inform about recent events. But for the rest of the 3rd day (Oct 7th), not a single hint of other recent passerby were found. Thankfully, the night was also uneventful, but so was most of next day. It wasn't until near dusk during the 4th day (Oct 8th), as the Blackhearts were looking to set up camp, did they notice several recently slain oni carcasses--- two reds and five blues. Judging by the wounds, the seven were killed no more than a day ago. They were also killed while moving, and based on the tracks it seems like they were engaged in a mobile skirmish with several warriors. However, each of the killing blows came from crossbow bolts to vital areas, not spear stabs or sword marks. The humans' tracks headed westwards, and at least more than half a day old--- so the group camped down for now to resume tracking tomorrow...

About half an hour after everyone went to sleep, Yumi came by to inform Katsurou about something that's been bothering her: there's something really wrong with Terasaka, and she's not exactly sure what it is. It would be simple to say he's hungry all the time, but it's far more--- he's famished, and no food or water seems to be fulfilling the urge she's sensing from him. Whatever is causing this is also leaving an urge for bloody violence within him, as if he's craving to murder and kill. It was a feeling he once unleashed only towards foes, but several times today she felt it coming from him almost indiscriminately, although it was always suppressed almost immediately afterwards. Her best guess is that this has something to do with the vampirism Terasaka showed--- probably the curse laid upon him which led to his banishment into the Death Lands. She plans to talk to him about this if it gets worse tomorrow, but she figures Katsurou would like to know... [ Tell me if you want to also discuss this further in a chat ]

An hour later, after even Yumi went to sleep, leaving Katsurou sitting on the large rock alone as the only person on watch--- a faint springing noise of sorts, followed by the sounds of a bolt soaring through the air, then a sharp pain as Katsurou's right leg was pierced. Looking down, he saw a crossbow bolt lodged deep in the armored greaves, right through one of his leg tendons...

[Katsurou takes 57 piercing damage + 3 dexterity damage, reduced to half-speed and cannot charge/run until healed]
[also make a Fortitude save vs. poison]

As Katsurou reflexively turned to look towards where the bolt came from, he saw a very faint but sudden motion out in the darkness, around 70~100ft out (thus beyond even shadowy illumination provided by the campfire)... right before another bolt flew in, although this time it only left a deep scratch on the armor as it glanced off. Focusing on the source in the moonlit darkness (it's bit cloudy), Katsurou could just barely make out the outlines of a crossbow being pulled back--- he couldn't really see the user, as the crossbowman seemed to be on the ground and under camouflage...

[I presume Katsurou is going to start waking people up now... so roll initiatives, and make perception checks also...]
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:52 pm

Initiative:
1d20+5 = 11

EDIT
Perception:
1d20+8 = 21
Last edited by TheDude51 on Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Laharl
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:15 pm

Initiative: 18+9=27
Perception: 15+11=26

While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:49 pm

Initiative: 1d20+8 = 21
Perception: 1d20+10 = 22
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:49 pm

(jk, lol)
Initiative: 1d20+6= 26
Perception: 1d20+6= 19

(
HP: 19/72)
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:23 pm

First round...
Enemy exact locations no known so no map yet... they're somewhere towards the west... (katsurou estimates their location at about 70-100ft out).
Only Katsurou is up right now (sitting on a large 10ftx5ft rock, the only piece of cover in camp area), everyone else is still on the ground, having just woken up...

Initiative Order:
Yuuta/Dave (27) -> Katsurou/Drew (26) -> Daichi/Daisuke (26) -> FOES (21) -> Shigeru/Marty (21) -> Terasaka/Judson (11) -> FOES (11) -> Yumi (9)

[ Dave and Drew, go ]
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:11 am

Yuuta springs to his feet and starts scanning for enemies.

(Perception 11+16=27)

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:31 am

Gritting his teeth in pain, Katsurou rolls over and drops off to the side of the rock opposite where the shot came in.
"Sniper! Seventy and some feet west! Fortify this position!" he called out

(
AC: Full Cover (AC 20)
Mass Aid Other to AC (Targeting the three allies who appear to be the most in the open: 1d20+18= 32 (+6))
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:26 am

Yuuta sees the outlines of two warriors with spears and shields, lying prone on the ground with some camouflage over their armor and equipment. The two were 80ft away. He still doesn't see the snipers though, but given the distance and direction they're probably near those two...

[Katsurou won't quite get full cover for all, but he will get improved cover and total cover for parts of his body, not to mention a prone bonus. So that's still good =9]

Daichi and Daisuke grabbed their shields and weapons while still prone, then got up to a crouching position and using their shields for as much cover as possible.

Yuuta and Katsurou could also hear the very faint sound of a crossbow being cranked in the distance...

[ next: Marty and Judson ]
|

()

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:01 am

Terasaka rolls out of his bedroll, grabbing his halberd rising to crouch behind Daichi and Daisuke, taking cover behind their shielded bodies while scanning beyond the fire for the enemy.

Perception:
1d20+8 = 24

AC: 25
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:59 pm

Shigeru climbs out of his bedroll and grabs his cannon, scanning around for potential threats that need to be fired upon.

Perception: 1d20+10=26
Darkvision 60'

(AC Normal, the wonders of wearing light armor)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:27 pm

Shigeru sees three warriors, lying on the ground 80ft away with longspears and shields in hand. They're also adjacent to each other in a line... but he still doesn't see any crossbowmen.

Yumi grabbed her longbow and shifted to a crouching position. Despite being a veteran tracker and a spiritfolk with ability to see well in low light conditions, she was still quinting hard trying to see the attackers...

[ next: Dave, Drew ]

[ since for whatever reason D&D has no rules on crouching, here it is ]
[ Crouching: You take -2 penalty on melee attack rolls and cannot use longbows. You receive a +2 bonus to AC against ranged attacks but -2 penalty to AC against melee attacks. You may shift to a crouching position as a free action if you're standing up or as a move-equivalent action if you're prone. You may stand up from a crouching position as 5ft equivalent of movement (including using a 5ft step), although it provokes attacks of opportunity. ]
|

()

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:01 pm

Yuuta begins to follow a somewhat meandering path towards those spearmen, covering a total of 40 feet towards them (double move), while scanning all the while for crossbowmen.

Perception: 17+11=28

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:57 pm

Yuuta sees three of the warriors on the ground in a line (the same Shigeru saw), plus one camouflaged crossbow sniper just 5ft behind them and off to the side...

[ Drew, still your action xP ]
|

()

Return to “Missions”