Mission 1 Postmission Interlude

Moderator: Zanaikin

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Re: Mission 1 Postmission Interlude

Postby Sajuuk » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:42 pm

"Well, I could do this," Shigeru says, rambling on in technobabble as he postulates about how the invention relates to Fermot's Third Theorem of Explody-destructo-fiery-goodness.
"I've got fourteen bombs, not counting the one I'd need to trigger it. How big a blast do you want?"
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:51 am

"Best leave a couple in reserve, wire up 12. Here, give me that shovel you grabbed." Terasaka begins digging a shallow pit, just barely deep enough that the bombs won't stick up too high, and shallow enough to not contain the explosion. He spreads the dirt around as he goes to avoid a mound building up.

"Yumi, Yuuta, gather some leaves and brush, you're on disguise duty once Shigeru gets the bomb planted."

As he digs, Tersaka outlines the plan, "Once we get everything in place, we lure the oni in this direction. We'll harass them at range to get them mad and keep them coming then draw them back over the bomb. Shigeru will detonate it with another bomb, and we'll blow them all to hell. If they don't die, we'll stay back and keep harassing until we absolutely must close, no reckless charges in to melee as long as that black is still standing."

"Hopefully those other guys will still be alive, and we can get them to retreat with us past the bomb, but the main goal is to kill the black."
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:13 am

(What skill would that even be? Survival? Please?)

Yuuta grumbles. "Where the hell are we supposed to find brush out here? This is the Dead Lands, not Mount Fuji. Besides, given what a red does to me, I don't like our odds of actually taking that thing. That's twice now a red has all but knocked me out in a single swipe. And you don't want me falling unconscious. Just trust me on that one. I can't help but feel this is a baaaad idea."

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:53 am

Tersaka takes a few seconds to observe the progress of the skirmish as he replies, "Just think how much worse it would be to have that thing creeping up on you in the darkness. Follow the plan and they won't even get within reach of us."
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:21 pm

(No reckless charges? You're the berserker, Judson :p)

Shigeru wires up 12 of his bombs, leaving himself three in reserve.

(UberExplodyBomb Details - 72d6+84 plus catch fire for 3d6 fire/round (DC21 to put out) to anyone in 5' radius. Splash Damage 156 fire (assuming I'm interpreting it the correct way, otherwise is the normal 13 fire) in 20' radius (REF DC23 for half))
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:15 pm

(aren't much in the way of leaves around here, but you might dig up some weeds... I think he meant stealth checks dave).

Terasaka notices that the 'skirmish' seems to have mostly ended, or at least the people being chased are simply running away now--- more like hustling away, as they're obviously tired. They're probably out of arrows too, which'd explain why they stopped shooting. Another one of the Reds had been downed in the meantime, but the last Red (with quite a few arrows sticking out) and the Black leader were both alive. They were moving much slower than oni usually did, but they were keeping up with the humans...

"What do we do if the black doesn't make a close pass on the bomb?" asked Yumi. "It's not like Shigeru's bombs have a very large area effect."
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:37 am

(What I want them to do is conceal the bomb, so it isn't visible to a charging oni. Dunno if that would be survival, stealth, or some other skill. Might not be necessary...)

"We'll set up our starting position so that a straight line from the oni to us will take them across the bomb, and adjust as needed while they approach to keep it that way. If we're about 30 or 40 feet back from the detonator we should be able to get them to cross it pretty easily, unless they notice it's there and actively avoid."

"Shigeru, can we put a layer of dirt on top of this and still have it detonate? Your exploding bombs should hit it with a fairly heavy shock even if its an inch or two under the surface. Would that be able to set the main bomb off?"
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:47 pm

(You'll have a % chance failure if you try to set it off with any notable amount of anything on top covering it...)
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Laharl
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:34 pm

Yuuta hides the bomb as best he can. (Stealth 17+17=34)

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:41 am

|

()

Return to “Missions”