Mission 1 Postmission Interlude

Moderator: Zanaikin

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Re: Mission 1 Postmission Interlude

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:21 pm

Shigeru divvies out the healing alchemy.

Boosted Personal Greater Cure (Drew) - 3d8+8 = 23
Boosted Personal Greater Cure (Dave) - 3d8+8 = 25
Boosted Personal Greater Cure (Drew) - 3d8+8 = 20
Personal Moderate Cure (Dave) - 2d6+8 = 18
Personal Moderate Cure (Drew) - 2d6+8 = 20
EDIT: Dave told me to save the Personal Lesser Cure and that he is gonna cast CLW on himself instead.
Personal Restore (Drew) - 2 DEX Damage Healed
Personal Restore (Dave) - 2 DEX Damage Healed

CURRENT:
Drew: 0 damage, 1 dex damage
Dave: 5 damage, 1 dex damage

REMAINING HEALS: 4 Personal Lesser Cures (1d6+5 healing)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:41 pm

Yuuta waves off the last healing and casts CLW on himself instead. (Actual roll does not matter, 1d8+4 >= 5). Yuuta is now out of 1st level spells until he rests.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:17 pm

|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:28 pm

After quenching his thirst, Terasaka loots the body of the fleeing soldier, bringing his stuff back to add to the common pool. He is also going to lay claim to one of the breastplates, and suggests that he and Katsurou each take a crossbow so that all the non-shielded party members have a way to hit back against ranged attacks.

(Assuming that they also have ammunition)

GM: I was going to ask you to roll grapple and all that, except I realized how horribly you outclass him on that while in cursed frenzy xD
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:18 pm

(Dibs on the Healer's Kits. And a shovel. You never know when you are going to need a shovel. Also, can I put Crossbow Sights on my pistol and rifle? As for the mundane items, I'm obviously looking for anything I can use with Craft(Alchemy) (raw components basically) and as parts for Spagyric Devices).)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Laharl
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:31 pm

(I'm inclined to rest for 8 hours and then move at full possible speed tomorrow, which is also the 5th day out iirc. How much sleep did we lose?)

While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:15 pm

[ Dave: You guys were only in the 2nd hour when this hit--- so it's still very early into the night =P ]

[ Marty: I assume you scavenge leftover items for spagyrics/bombs automatically, cause otherwise there's not too much to find in the Death Lands. Yes you can stick the sights onto your pistol/rifle, only a light bit of modification required. The scopes weigh 1lb, the shovels 3lbs. ]

[also I should note: whenever you see gold on the loot list and unless some kind of special share is being done... just add 1/Nth of it (N people in party, currently 7) to your share. It's a low equips game so there's not much gold, but every bit helps in the long run =P]
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:12 pm

[ Since nobody else is raising ideas, I presume we're going with that. Remember that you heal HP = character level per full night of rest, as well as 1 ability point (the dex damage in this case)]

The group sets out the next day (Oct. 9th) a few hours later than usual, and took a bit more time as Yuuta tracked the trail around... only to return to the same area. It became apparent that the tracks you began following yesterday, the very same that killed the oni, were indeed the group that attacked you. Those who raided other exile groups weren't very common, but they weren't that rare (nor surprisingly) either...

As they began moving to the southeast again, another three hours have passed before they came across a strange, foggy area. The fog patched was centered around what seems to be a depression, and it was unusually small, but nevertheless very dense (can't see further than 5ft)--- only more suspicious since dense fog don't usually stay around until noontime here. Yumi stepped ahead of the group to examine it, then returned a moment later, claiming: "That's definitely a magical effect. Nature magic, I reckon. Think there's someone inside all that? I can't think of any other reason for someone to conjure up a sizable fog patch in the middle of nowhere."
|

()

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:17 am

"We should scout the edges of the fog and try shouting to anyone who might be inside before we go in. Maybe we'll be able to get someone to come out and talk."
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:09 pm

[ as Drew has quit the party, I'll be running Katsurou temporarily until an event to come will remove him from the party ]

Yumi nods in agreement. "I'll take care of that; I can sense someone near the edge of the fog even if I can't see them," she said before running off. It only took a few minutes before she returned again, shaking her head: "nobody, and no obvious way in either. This patch is even smaller than I thought, probably no larger than 250ft in diameter. Also, the ground inside the fog seems to be spiked--- someone sure wants to keep people out of this place."

Katsurou then walked up to the edge of the fog bank and yelled, "Hellloooooo! Anyone home!? We come bearing news from the north! Our fellow Death Landers have taken the gatehouse! We're no longer condemned to live in this horrible place, or hide in fear every day! We come to tell everybody this--- that we can finally forge a place for ourselves outside this swamp!"

There was no response. Katsurou yelled again a minute later, but several minutes went by and there was still no response from the inside. He shrugged: "well, was worth a shot. Should we leave it at that, or should we try breaking and entering to talk to them??"
|

()

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:26 am

"If they've gone to such lengths to keep people out, they'd probably be more likely to attack than listen to what we have to say. If they're so determined to stay in the death lands, let them."
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:43 am

"Might as well. We need to start getting back anyway, to make sure we don't run out of food. Getting back to arrive with our friends would look good, too."

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:08 am

Katsurou shrugged, "I guess we've done our job anyhow... and Yuuta's right, we should start heading back--- we've gone far enough out as it is."

The party takes a break and then began backtracking towards the Death Land Gatehouse...

For the rest of the day, as well as the day afterwards, everything went normally. The group came across neither monsters nor new tracks. Then, as the party camped out as usual on the night of Oct 10 and slept...

It was nearly morning when everybody had been awoken by a scream. It came from Yumi, and the young but experienced hunter/guide who was usually calm and collected looked extremely distressed. The reason soon became apparent as neither Katsurou nor Daichi/Daisuke stood up. Katsurou was still in his bedroll, despite the last hour being his watch, and Daichi/Daisuke were sitting on a log back to back, both slumped over lightly as if they had dozed off. A closer look however, revealed that both of them were bleeding from the back of the head--- and the same was true of Katsurou. None of the three showed any sign of life. Their heads also looked slightly... not quite deformed but definitely unusual, and both Yuuta and Shigeru soon recognized the problem (with heal ranks): something had damage or even destroyed their brains without leaving any significant outside injuries, which is definitely a result of some necromantic spell. Given the fact neither Daichi nor Daisuke had even a firm grasp on their weapons, they probably didn't have any warning regarding the attacker before they were killed.

The strangest part is... only the three of them were killed. None of the others had been harmed in any way, nor was anything looted. There was however one other sign of damage--- all the ex-Hojo markings on those three had been mutilated or destroyed (Yumi doesn't have any, since she was once merely a local tracker/guide hired by them).

(also please roll Perception checks for the next two days as part of your next post).
|

()

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:17 am

(Perception: 17, 22)

"What on earth? This doesn't look like any beast or weapon I'm familiar with. There's a spell I remember hearing a few rumors about that this could have been, but it's far beyond my meager talents, so I don't know any more than that. Should we bury them? Burn them? And, before either of those, what do they have on them?"

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:05 am

"I say burn them. Who knows what effects this sort of foul necromancy could produce? And besides, the deathlands is no place to leave a comrade's body, buried or no."

"Yumi, Yuuta, see if you can find any tracks in the area. Whoever did this was here only a few hours ago, and came right into our camp. If we move fast, we might be able to overtake them. Shigeru, while they're searching set up a funeral pyre."

Terasaka then begins looking through Katsurou's pack.

Perception:
1d20+9 = 23
1d20+8 = 23
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Return to “Missions”