Mission 1 Postmission Interlude

Moderator: Zanaikin

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Re: Mission 1 Postmission Interlude

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:13 pm

"Yumi. Flank out. Keep to the shadows until you can draw a bead on that sniper."

(Mass Aid Other to AC (Targeting the three most exposed allies in range): 1d20+18= 23 (+4)
AC: 26)
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:27 pm

"Damit at least take some cover!" Daisuke yells behind Yuuta, "comeon!" he gestured towards his brother. The two of them stood up, advanced up by 15ft, then set down in a shield wall again...

With another "twang" sound, a bolt was launched towards Yuuta, piercing straight into his thigh tendons with excruciating pain. It was not from the crossbowman he saw but by another one on the other side of the spearmen, and his shot just gave him away. Both of them were covered in hay and dirt with dark brown clothes underneath... it was almost impossible to see them from afar; actually, even without the night shadows it would have been hard...

[ Critical on Dave: 48 piercing damage, 3 dexterity damage (reduced to half speed), 4 bleed damage ]

The other crossbow fired a split second later, but the bolt had completely missed Yuuta...

[ next up: Marty, Judson ]

[ Map... most everyone is too far south to show atm. Enemies are 80ft away from those in camp... ]
Map.JPG
Map.JPG (69.29 KiB) Viewed 139983 times
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:07 pm

Terasaka moves up right on the heels of the two brothers, sliding into a crouch again behind the cover of Daisuke's shield.

He examines the three spearmen as he goes, trying to gauge the length of their weapons (ie, whether they have reach).

Perception:
1d20+8 = 21

AC: 27 vs range (includes soft cover from being behind Daisuke plus crouching)

(Also, I find it somewhat implausible that a veteran soldier and hardened outlaw would yell "darn it!" :P)
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:56 pm

Shigeru loads an explosive bomb into his cannon and launches it onto Spearman 2, aiming to hit Spearman 1 with a chunk of the main explosion as well.
(Attack Roll vs Spearman 1: 1d20+13 = 25)
(Damage Roll: 6d6+7 = 28 Fire, plus catch on fire for 3d6/round (DC19 REF to extinguish))
(Attack Roll vs Spearman 2: 1d20+13 = 29)
(Damage Roll: 6d6+7 = 32 Fire, plus catch on fire for 3d6/round (DC19 REF to extinguish))
(Splash Damage: 13 Fire damage to Spearman 3, Crossbow 1, and Crosswbow 2, REF DC19 for Half)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:08 pm

( Yesyes Judson my trying-not-to-curse filter engaged for some reason, shush =P )

Shigeru's bomb lands right on top of Spearman1's butt and exploded, with its largest chunk hitting the adjacent spearman on the back. The first one almost bounced on the ground as he reacted to the pain of a searing ass. Both the crossbowmen managed to roll fast enough to the side to avoid some of the fire, but the other spearman wasn't fast enough. The fire that was now burning away their camouflage was also helping to illuminate the area, and Yuuta caught sight of a 4th spearman just 10ft away from the rest... The rest of them however were now completely in the open and easily noticeable.

The two flaming spearmen rolls around on the ground trying to extinguish the fire, but if anything, it felt like the fire only spread to the branches they've gathered around for hiding...
the other two however both stood up, bracing against the attack that was soon to come...

Yumi moved to the side of the camp and ducked into the darkness...

[ next: Dave, Drew ]

Map.JPG
Map.JPG (63.02 KiB) Viewed 139973 times
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:11 pm

Yuuta drops prone, barely conscious, and mutters a few words (CLW, heals 6 HP - current HP 6).

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:13 pm

"Shigeru! Blast 'em again!" Katsurou ordered, still a little shook from being so close to the shot when it when off.

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:26 pm

Daichi and Daisuke picked up their shields and advanced to either sides of Yuuta before setting them down again, trying to provide some cover for the badly injured guy while readying their defenses for more bolts to come...

The two crossbowmen stood up and reloaded their weapons, although one of them was definitely turning to glance away from the battle too much...

[ next: Marty ]
|

()

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:36 pm

Shigeru loads up another explosive bomb into his mad-science powered launcher and sends the bomb flying towards Spearman 3, angled to hit Crossbowman 2 as well.

(Attack Roll vs Spearman 3: 1d20+13 = 16)
(Damage Roll: 6d6+7 = 23 Fire, plus catch on fire for 3d6/round (DC19 REF to extinguish))
(Attack Roll vs Crossbowman 2: 1d20+13 = 31)
(Damage Roll: 6d6+7 = 23 Fire, plus catch on fire for 3d6/round (DC19 REF to extinguish))
(Splash Damage: 13 Fire damage to Spearman 1 and 2, REF DC19 for Half)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Laharl
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:44 pm

Yuuta crawls back 10 feet and heals himself again (9 HP this time, now at 15 HP).

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:45 pm

The bomb missed its initial target, but rebounded on the nearby crossbowman, it's blast completely blowing a leg off and setting the pants' remains on fire (you're pretty sure he won't survive another round from the burn). As the explosion subsided, the still burning spearman2 completely stopped moving...

[ next: Judson ]

Map.JPG
Map.JPG (66.05 KiB) Viewed 139965 times
|

()

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:10 am

Terasaka moves up to O12, crouching again just behind Daisuke.

AC vs range: 27
AC vs melee: 25; +4 guard (2x)
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:23 am

Three arrows soared out of the darkness from the left side of the camp. All three struck Crossbowman#1 and he plummeted to the ground, no longer moving.

The spearman still on fire rolled about on the ground, to no effect, and a few seconds later he stopped moving completely...

The two spearman still remaining looked at each other, their only other comrade on fire with a destroyed leg, and they fled into the darkness... (you could roughly see their outlines 80ft away).

(and the one remaining sniper burns to death in another few seconds...)
|

()

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:40 am

"Hack them down!" Terasaka shouts as he vaults up from behind Daisuke to charge after the fleeing enemies.

(Get up from crouch, double move forward 55 feet)

AC: 21, +4 guard (2x)

(Assuming you're dropping out of initiative order. Otherwise I'll do this when my turn rolls around.)
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:20 pm

"Well launched, Shigeru. Now, if you could see to my leg." Katsurou said, grimacing as his hand brushes against the bolt lodged in his leg.

Active Characters:

Return to “Missions”