Mission 1 Postmission Interlude

Moderator: Zanaikin

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Re: Mission 1 Postmission Interlude

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:34 pm

(Note: Backstory has changed since the rebuild.)
"We weren't mercenaries in the truest sense: We were a patrol group in the service of the Hojo Clan. How we came to be here, and in so few numbers is a sorrowful tale.

It was after an attack on a band of murders deep in the Hojo lands. We defeated them, but the land we fought upon was cursed, and soon, so too were we. We were traveling with a band of Sohei warriors to bolster our number and strength against the tainted we were pursing. However, it did not take long for them to sense the taint in us. They fell upon us, and what you see, minus Teresaka, who joined us after we came here, is all that remains of that band.

Perhaps, now you see why we are so distrusted, despite our strength and victory."
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:16 am

"I'll take the offer under advisement. I think I'd like to get to know you guys a little better first. How 'bout you, Shigeru?"

(Also, Marty, Drew, I still need tracking aid other checks from you guys - we need to hoof it tomorrow.)

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:31 pm

<shortPostDueToHecticWork>
Shigeru agrees with Yuuta, as he wants to make sure that they will actually accept a fiendblooded into their ranks.
</shortPostDueToHecticWork>

Survival Check for Aid Another: 1d20+10 = 15 (+3 to Yuuta's check)
Perception Check: 1d20+10 = 21
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:15 am

[Excuse me for being busy today. >____>]

Perception: 1d20+6= 16

Survival Aid Other:
Aid Other for Survival (Tracking): 1d20+3= 17 (+5 bonus)

Active Characters:

Laharl
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:00 am

Perception: 12+11=23
Survival [track]: 10+15+11aid=36

(I meant hoof it in game, rather than out. Yuuta needs all the help he can get if we're gonna catch these guys fast enough.)

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:52 am

[I was responding to Dai.]

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:33 pm

[ xD Sorry Drew. Though it's been a few days since I asked and I was getting more than a bit frustrated. ]

It took two more hours, but between Yuuta and Yumi, with help from the rest of the party, they managed to track down the band they had been chasing after quickly. It was still mid-morning when Yumi first caught sight of the target --- at least a hundred people and over half a dozen wagons, each pulled by an omniverous giant lizard. Although rarely seen within the Death Lands because of food supply issues, giant lizards were amongst the preferred beasts of burden in the outside world given their strength, endurance, and ability to eat just about anything; although their slow speeds and broad scaly backs make them poor mounts. It undoubtly took a large band to require, support, and protect this many of them, and this was possible even a clan or tribe...

"Not bad. We've been spotted already," said Yumi, as she nodded towards the rearmost wagon where an archer keeping watch atop it was looking directly towards the Blackhearts group. He had both a bow and an arrow in hand, but neither of them were raised against the group.

As the Blackhearts approached the large band, all of the veterans (everyone except Shigeru) soon realized that this was no rabble. They weren't moving in quite a precise formation, especially not to the untrained eye, but the warriors that surrounds the civilians and wagons were definitely holding a loose zigzag column of sorts. Furthermore, unlike the mixed armaments usually seen from other groups' warriors, this band's fighters were mostly armed with shield and spears. Not to mention all of their armor had been treated to have the same white color, and each of them were wearing a thin, white armband with a red circle on it...

Yuuta then saw the flag that blew over the leading wagon --- a white background with a large red circle slightly off-center, with red beams pouring off it in every direction, as if the light coming from a dawning sun. He had recognized it immediately. After all, it was the flag of the Tougou clan: one he had once served and fought several battles for. He had heard after leaving the military that the coup, which had diverted his mission reinforcements and gotten most of his unit killed, had succeeded. The new lord had executed most of the former ruling clan and its closest followers to show his brutality and incite fear, but rumors claim that one of the central family members escaped.
[If you recognize the description: yes, it looks like an IJN flag]

Katsurou also noticed that amongst the members of this group, there were several of them who wore either modified Hojo samurai armor or Hojo mage robes. Four of them to be precise: two guys amongst the outer column guards, one of them probably a ronin judging by the katana on his side, the other probably a mere soldier; a small girl wearing robes who sat on the back of a wagon and seemed to be either writing or drawing; lastly, another girl camped on top of the leading wagon, with what seems to be a cat on her head and, more surpisingly, a rifle on her side (firearms were uncommon enough, but you've certain never seen a Hojo warrior with one). The first three you remember by their faces (although not by name) as participants during the Hojo raid on the Saints' main temple. The last one you've never met before. Nevertheless, the fact this group accepted ex-Hojo warriors and mages already says something about them.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:50 am

As the Blackhearts approach, Terasaka examines the larger band closely, trying to identify leaders and officers and pick out who would be best to approach. He relates anything important to Katsurou.

Perception: 1d20+9 = 19
Sense Motive: 1d20+10 = 29
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:40 pm

Terasaka notices two of the squad leaders moving about, one in either side of the wagon line: on the left side was a tall, tanned woman with reddish brown long hair who was making light chatter with her squad, on the right side was a mercenary-like guy wearing a headband over spiky blue hair and doing his best to look tougher than he is. There was another officer are the front of the column, a guy(?) with absurdly long black hair almost reaching his waist; he was talking to someone on the other side of the wagon, and while you couldn't hear exactly what he's saying yet the tone was definitely a frustrated one.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:05 am

"Well, no sense in merely standing here staring at each other." Katsurou said, after taking a few moments to consider the other group.

"Yumi and Yuuta, keep an eye on the perimeter, particularly our rear. Everyone else, be at your guard."

Katsurou then proceeded to begin walking towards the other group of Dealthlanders, his arms raised in the most non-offensive gesture possible.

"Hold! I would speak with your leader! We seek no harm!" He shouted.

(Charisma Check for first impression (if necessary, if not, then no roll is made): 1d20+3+8(Hero Point)= 25)

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:34 pm

"Hey boss! Looks like the new guys are here to see you!" the red-haired squad leader yelled towards the front of the column. A moment later, a handsome blonde-haired young man walked around the corner of the wagon, a glaive in his hand and the black-haired officer following him. They wore white uniforms and armor with a red-dotted armband like all their troops. Nobody else followed, they didn't even stop, although many of them turned to watch.

"Morning!" the leader called as approached. Despite wearing white clothes, they were also particularly clean and neat. The guy also had a smile on that felt out of place for anyone who was within the death lands. "I'm Tougou Tsuyoshi, leader of the Tougou clan. What might I do for you?"
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:45 pm

Katsurou lowered his hands, and gave a gracious nod.

"My name is Katsurou, and those who follow behind me are my soldiers. I bring news from the Shikoku Gate: An alliance of Deathlanders, ourselves included, have claimed the gate, and with it our freedom from these lands. My band has set out across these lands once more in order to spread the word that none need suffer this place any further."

(Diplomacy: 1d20+12= 30)

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:03 pm

Tsuyoshi rubbed his almost-cleanly-shaven chin for a moment. "That is... very good news indeed. But what then? We still don't have a place outside the gates. Unless whomever sent you have an even bigger agenda at hand?" He also extended a hand gesture at the same time, which the officer at his side turned to pass, and within a moment the entire Tougou clan stopped in its tracks--- the orders had been passed down as swiftly as true soldiers.
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:15 pm

Katsurou's facial expressions shifted to seriousness.
"Your question illuminates an unfortunate flaw within our alliance. Despite my lobbying efforts otherwise, there is no definitive chain of command within our group. Besides a general agreement to unite for the purpose of survival, we are still very much at odds, and resentment from... old obligations," Katsurou pauses for a moment to turn his shoulder guard towards the other commander, motioning towards an area where the symbol of the Hojo Clan clan has been mostly scratched off, "still hinders our progress."

"I think, however, that should our organization grower larger, the need for centralized leadership will acknowledged, and then" Katsurou said, with a smile, "it would only be a matter of ensuring that the best people for that job are found."

(Diplomacy: 1d20+12=26)

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:55 pm

Tsuyoshi looks almost, surprised, or was it impressed, for a second while Katsurou was speaking, then he went back to his usual pleasantly smiling face. "Well, old prejudices do die hard," he said with a frown that lasted only a second, "but power consolidation is always part of the natural process. But... what is this, alliance's, current plans then? What are they hoping to expect from us, for that matter?"
|

()

Return to “Missions”