Moderator: Zanaikin

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Re: Mission 1: Breakout - Hell's Gate

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:47 pm

(Initiative: 1d20+9=26)
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:48 pm

Init Order (editted):
Marty: 27
Drew: 26
GM: 11
Judson: 10
Dave: 10

You're first Marty---
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=1109#p16098
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:46 pm

Shigeru continues to head back towards camp, attempting to remain stealthy to not attract the Onis' attention.

(Stealth (move silent): )
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:00 am

"Staggered formation (stay together, but loosely: 5 - 10ft between each member), and fight defensively!" Katsurou called out, setting his glaive towards the approaching creatures. (Guard mode activated, 4 AP invested).

AC: 24
Guard AC: 50

Active Characters:

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:44 am

Terasaka delays until after the Oni have acted.

(Attack of opportunity if a charging enemy enters my threat range:
Attack roll: 33*, Damage: )

AC: 56 (42), 4 guard attempts

*taking 10 on martial arts check
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:54 pm

The others warriors of Group B quickly began to step up and form a staggered line, with the two other Blackheart swordsmen (Daichi and Daisuke) taking Katsurou's right flank and Kasumi readying a dagger behind them. Terasaka was to Katsurou left, and the three other independents line up further to his left--- their inexperience and hesitation against the oni a bit obvious as they stayed 5ft behind the rest of the line. Yuuta had been distracted for a second and was just readying his weapon...

Two of the red oni leading the group roared, and all eleven of them burst into a run, charging straight at the Group B warriors. The three red (and more dangerous) oni lead the group in the center, with four blue ones to each side. They rushed to within 10ft reach of the defensive line and punched out with their long arms. Kasumi hurled her dagger at one of the leading reds to disrupt their attack (against Daichi), while Terasaka swiftly countered with the tip of his halberd...

The dagger seems to have completely bounced off the red, leaving barely even a scratch. Meanwhile Terasaka's halberd pierces into the red attacking him, albeit losing a significant amount of power against the tough hide and only lightly injuring its target...

Meanwhile, Katsurou blocked one of the red's attacks with his halberd, while Terasaka easily evaded the swings of another red. Daichi barely managed to block the powerful punch of the third red oni with his light shield... six blues then reached the line and also launched their attacks, all of which were successfully guarded against... but the last two remaining blues on either end of the line were trying to outflank the defenders' formation...

(Dave and Judson: turn)
(Marty after that, the fighting is 250ft away from your current location)
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:40 pm

Terasaka shifts into an offensive stance as his hair turns pure white and his eyes begin to glow a baleful red. He then focuses all his power into a devastating blow.

Drop guard, enter curse. Smash attack, with -10 power attack penalty.

Attack Roll: 33* Damage: . Using only trip from Piledriver, not Bull Rush.

If the Oni appears to be dead, Terasaka will fall back 20 feet. Otherwise, he'll follow up with a standard attack:

Attack Roll: 33* Damage: .

*taking 10

AC: 39
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:20 pm

Terasaka's first strike pierces deep into the red oni's stomach, and considerable quantities of blood began pouring out as he extracted the halberd tip from the badly wounded enemy. The second strike then finished him off as the red collapses onto the ground.

(Dave is next, Marty also please take your turn)
|

()

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:55 am

Yuuta dashes over to reinforce the left, taking up a defensive stance.

(30' movement, select one of the two flankers as Focused Defense target and activate Guard mode, investing the remaining 4AP)

Guard AC: 48 (58 vs FD target)

Dodge AC: 34 (39 vs FD target)

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:07 am

Deciding that continuing the operation with the trash is a higher priority and that the other can handle the Oni, Shigeru continued heading back towards camp to get another load of flammables.

(Stealth (move silent): )
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:57 am

"Watch the flanks!" Katsurou yelled, as he slashed his glaive towards the Red infront of him.

(
Maintaining Guard Mode.
AC: 26

Standard Attack: atk: 1d20+10=15; 4d10+9=43

Guard: 1d20+21=30)
Last edited by Mr_Praetorian on Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:08 pm

Katsurou's attack just barely misses the red he attempted to hit...

One of the two remaining Reds launched a powerful strike against Katsurou, which he manages to block but attempts to hold against (Drew: Guard check; EDIT: succeeded). The other steps over into the location of its fallen comrade and makes a similar attack against Terasaka (Judson: I'd recommend AP-boosting your AC or this is just barely going to hit you)...

The entire line of Group B then retaliated against their respective opponents with their heaviest attack; only Kasumi, who went to intercept the flanker on the right, and one of the new guys missed, although the rest of the strikes still only managed to inflict relatively light injuries on the enemies due to their sheer toughness.

The blues then launched their counterattack. Most of the Group B line managed to successfully block their attacks, and Yuuta on the far left and Kasumi on the far right managed to dodge the strikes altogether. However, one of the newcomer/independents (the center of the three) had failed to block his enemy's attack and was dealt a powerful punch that hurled him back 15ft--- he landed on the ground and didn't get back up, either knocked out or killed altogether.

More shouting was heard in the camp behind you as it seems groups of warriors who had been resting were gathering...

( next up: Judson and Dave )
|

()

Laharl
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:00 pm

Yuuta steps forward, in range to attack the oni that attacked him, and his sword, glinting briefly in what little light there is, almost seems to teleport from his side to bury itself in the oni's abdomen (Darksteel Punisher, investing remaining 2AP in Guard).

Attack: 31 (Also has guardbreak capability if the target is guarding)
Damage: 38 (Fort DC 38 or be staggered for 4 rounds, 1 round on successful save)

Guard AC: 46 (56 vs FD)
Evasive AC: 37 (47 vs FD)

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:19 am

if(Oni's attack triggers Mercurial Counter){
Terasaka sees an opening in the Oni's reckless attack, and pre-empts the hit with a vicious stab.
Attack roll: 33* Damage:
}
else {
Terasaka expends a surge of effort to dodge the Oni's attack at the last second. (Expend WP to double agility bonus to Reflex).
}

Assuming a more guarded stance, he attacks the second creature more cautiously, launching a sweeping slash designed to knock the beast off its feet.

Activate guard
Standard Attack, Attack roll: 38* Damage: . Using only Piledriver's trip, not bull rush.

Terasaka then focuses and launches a quick strike targeted to drain the monster's strength.

Crysteel Blade, Attack Roll: 43* Damage: . Fort check against damage or be fatigued for one minute. This time using both trip and bull rush from Piledriver.

AC: 58 (44) One guard attempt
Last edited by TheDude51 on Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:20 pm

Yuuta's sword slices straight into the blue around its midsection; the wound only seemed to be a moderate one, but the blue reeled heavily from the attack, swaying as if it was nearing its limits.

Terasaka's counter struck a direct hit and disrupted the red's attack so much one might think it was trying to punch some invisible foe 5ft away. His following attack then cut into the red's lower body and unbalanced it; just as the enemy was about to topple to the ground, Terasaka's third swing cut deeply into its tough left arm, nearing severing it, and hurling it back 15ft to land hard onto the ground--- leaving a completely still red oni, bleeding profusely~

(your 9AP/round is insane Judson :P <-- tempted to nerf your curse)

(Drew you're up; and Marty if you do intend to join the battle tell me, otherwise I'm just rolling on)
|

()

Return to “Missions”