Moderator: Zanaikin

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Re: Mission 1: Breakout - Hell's Gate

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:18 am

(AoO: 1d20+14=29; Damage:
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:45 pm

(Probably a good idea to remove both that and the double-ability-mod-to-attack, which is just as insane)

Terasaka cautiously swings at one of the nearby soldiers, stepping back and recovering his balance.

(4AP Standard attack, 1AP recover Mithral Tornado, 3AP into guard, free step back towards the others)

Attack Roll: 38* Damage: .

AC: 61 (47) 4 guard attempts
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:25 pm

Shigeru draws a dagger and hurls it at one of the soldiers surrounding Tarasaka, aiming for a critical point on their body. Momentarily distracted by the growing battle, he misses horrendously.
(1 AP to draw, 6 AP for Critical Strike (body))
(Attack Roll: )

(stupid natural 1)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:46 pm

Katsurou cuts down the wounded enemy soldier before he could get away. Seconds later, Terasaka dispatches another one of the spearmen, leaving a bloody mess behind...
Shigeru's dagger however, almost hit Terasaka as it veered off target, probably would have too if he didn't notice it at the last second from the corner of his eye...

( next: Drew & Dave )

[ The closest enemies are about 20ft in front of you and surrounding Terasaka from three sides. Beyond that there's still a mass of mostly disorganized infantrymen with samurai officers mixed in their midst (one 40ft away, one 60ft away, with 5-8 spearmen in AoO range to either if you attack them directly) ]
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:26 pm

"Shields, hold the line! Yuzuru, Yuuta, we're breaking that moron out!" Katsurou yelled, before surging towards the backs of spearmen engaged with Teresaka.

(Guard mode on
(1ap orders, 6ap charge (charge next to square of the nearest spearmen near Teresaka
Attack: 1d20+14=23; Damage:
Base AC: 26)

Active Characters:

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:39 pm

Yuuta sighs and mutters "What an idiot...better go save his ass." before sprinting at the nearest alive spearman by Terasaka and attempting to cut him in half.

(2AP movement, 4AP attack)

Attack 26
Damage 31

AC: 24 (+14 Guard)

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:57 pm

( Round 4 ends...)

The spearman to Terasaka's left manages to block Katsurou's attack with his haft, but only lived two seconds longer before Yuzuru rushed up and cut him apart with his long blade. The one to the right tried to block Yuuta attack, but failed (barely) and was killed in one hit.

The three-man shield 'line' then pushed up to just behind Katsurou, Yuuta, and Yuzuru; while Yumiko and the Group A members moved up another 10ft before firing several arrows and bolts, taking down another three spearmen. Only three of the eight that charged Terasaka still lived, and an officer behind them rallied (more like just yelled) at them to spread to the sides and keep fighting, but it was obvious their morale was on the verge of breaking as well...

Nevertheless, two more lines of spears managed to form up behind Terasaka, each with another samurai officer behind them. While the first line of seven simultaneously charged at Terasaka (another Circle Attack), the second line of ten advanced up 10ft and took a defensive stance in front of the officers. Of the three already facing Terasaka, two of them (in the front, 1 in reach of Katsurou and one near Yuuta) simply took guarded stances, while one of them thrusted towards Terasaka as his comrades charged in... furthermore, a crossbowmen squad of about six that formed a line on the eastern wall also fired a focused volley to cover the charge.

(you also notice that there's another two squads of archers on the northern wall who lined up to take aim at you guys; the battlements were lighter facing the inside, but still provided them considerable cover...)

Terasaka managed to dodge all six bolts, then parried off one spear, dodged two more, and then blocked another three with his halberd. But the concentrated attack from so many was overwhelming his defenses and the last two spears struck home.
Attack1: (28 piercing damage, Fort (DC = damage dealt) or receive right arm injury [-2 STR & DEX])
Attack2: (18 piercing damage)
( yes you can AP-use to evade either attack; btw, I'm guessing by your stats you've already activated your curse effect right? )

( Judson: there are now 10 spearmen surrounding Terasaka, with the two frontmost ones facing Yuuta/Katsurou/Yuzuru on complete guard )
( Marty: the nearest soldier is 50ft away from you, the nearest officer is 80ft away)

( next: Marty, Judson[-4AP from guard] )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:56 pm

(Yes, Curse has been active since I charged the first officer)

Terasaka steps back from the mass of enemies surrounding him, towards his allies. As he does he devotes all his efforts into defense.

(2 more WP to counter the incoming attacks, 5-foot adjustment back, 5AP into Guard)

[I'm assuming that 5-foot steps don't provoke attacks of opportunity, although its not clearly stated in the movement rules]

AC: 63 (49) 6 guard attempts
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:32 am

( this idea works much better than trying to draw the darn map --- thanks Dave )

( as per post-Judson's action )

_Map.JPG
_Map.JPG (68.29 KiB) Viewed 17699 times

(EDIT: 'Group B' should be 'Group A', darn typos. You guys are group b...
|

()

Sajuuk
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:15 am

Shigeru moves to keep up with the rest of Group A, taking up position behind Yumiko and throwing a dagger at the spearman in F7.

(Damage Roll: )

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:33 am

The spearman barely managed to dodge Shigeru's attack...

( next: Drew, Dave )
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:21 am

"Withdraw to the Gatehouse! Pikes in front,shields to the flanks, archers behind!" Katsurou yelled, watching as more spearmen were forming up behind the ones who had nearly killed Teresaka. Afterwards he proceeded to move back himself.

(Guard Mode On:
5AP,order, 2AP move back towards gatehouse.
Initiating Order: Scattered Retreat (Diplomacy Check 1d20+12=26) 12 allies affected
AC: 26)

(GM note: it pretty much just gives those of you up front another +5 AC vs. AoOs)

Active Characters:

Laharl
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:28 pm

Yuuta follows Katsurou back to the gatehouse, taking up a flanking position as a shield-user.

2AP move, 5AP in Guard, activate FD vs a spearman likely to come his way.

Guard AC: 49 (59 vs FD)
Evasive AC: 40 (50 vs FD)

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:53 pm

( Round 5 ends... )

Two officers yelled out 'fire' from the northern walls, and a hail of arrows and bolts launched themselves straight into the center of the battle at Terasaka. He swerved with lightning reflexes, evading an unbelievable number of shots, while parrying off one arrow as well as blocking another bolt, the only two projectiles that could have struck him. Two spearmen then stepped up, and the seven within reach of them thrusted out towards him while he was busy evading the attacks from above. Despite everything, Terasaka's inhuman speed still managed to evade three of the spears and parried off the remaining four with his halberd.

Another one of them came to the side and attacked Yuuta but missed.

The officers behind the spearmen shouted in encouragement: "they're pulling back! keep pushing! drive those monsters back to the wastelands where they belong!" The spear line in the front advanced 10ft up, while the last groups of soldiers remaining in the courtyard center formed two more lines behind them and marched forward - one spear and one crossbow.

The three shields (Daichi/Daisuke/Indep) pulled back 20ft and to the side, while Yuzuru cut apart the spearmen facing him and then drew back 20ft himself. Yumiko did similarly, but not before releasing the arrow she had been aiming, which flew into the enemy's spear line but glanced off one of the officer's armor.

Most of Group A launched a barrage of shots, downing another three spearmen, before pulling back themselves... except for one person. With all the attention focused on the front, nobody even noticed that that he hadn't even been doing much of anything for the last fifteen-odd seconds. But just as Group A withdrew from around him, he hurled his closed fist forward, and the hidden fireball he had been preparing erupted from his hands and flew into the center of the enemy's three lines...

The explosion consumed the entire middle line (crossbows) and the centers of the two spear lines. Over a dozen infantrymen and four officers were blasted outwards. The officers all managed to survive, although heavily wounded and their armor smoking from the heat burst; but only four infantrymen groaned from the ground... the rest of those still standing reeling in shocked from the magic attack that none of them had seen coming.

The crossbowmen on the east walls quickly refocused their aim towards the caster, although he wasn't stupid enough to hang around either and ran straight back towards the gates...

In the north, the gate were beginning to open fully, and from between the gaps one could see a team of just over a dozen rushing towards the keep. A warrior at the head of the column carried the Hojo flag--- it was probably a patrol team that just happened to be in the area (they were ~2 turns away from the combat area).

( next: Marty, Judson[-6AP from guarding] )

Map.JPG
Map.JPG (71.18 KiB) Viewed 17661 times
|

()

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:17 pm

Shigeru holds his position, readying a dagger to throw at the officer in F5 if they get back up.

(Confirm Roll: )
(Damage Roll: . 1, 1, and a 3. Well, my trend of dice rolling on this game continues.)

Return to “Missions”