Mission 1: Breakout - Hell's Gate

Moderator: Zanaikin

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Re: Mission 1: Breakout - Hell's Gate

Postby TheDude51 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:12 am

Terasaka takes advantage of the confusion to withdraw.

(3AP move to H13, maintain guard mode)

AC: 58 (44) one guard attempt
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:16 am

( nothing new, next up: Drew, Dave )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:37 am

"Attack! Hit them while they're down! No quarter!" Katsurou called out frantically, as he charged back towards the shattered formation of spears. As he ran towards the groups of spears before him, he began to grin maliciously.

(Guard Mode On
6AP charge (moving to F8 and attacking the spearmen in F7) 1AP to guard
Attack: 1d20+14=34 (nat 20); Damage:
Cleave 1 (Spearman in E6): Attack: 1d20+14=25; Damage: 4d8+15= 36
Cleave 2 (Spearman in F6) Attack: 1d20+14=26; Damage: 4d8+15= 37
Base AC: 27)

As the second spearman fell, Katsurou's gaze fell upon the officer before him...
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:42 pm

Yuuta shifts forward before slicing his ax at the spearman directly in front of him (Shift to J8, attack spearman in J9, remaining 2AP in Guard). Unfortunately, his eyes are still adjusting to the darkness again after the flash of the fireball, causing the ax to go wide.

Attack: 7 (nat 1, took the -10 penalty)
Apply Focused Defense to the spearman in front of me.

Guard AC: 49 (59 vs FD)
Evasive AC: 40 (50 vs FD)

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:31 pm

( round 6 ends... )

Katsurou's charge rammed the blade of his glaive straight through the enemy. He then whirled it to the side, virtually cutting two more spearmen in halves at the waist, while hurling the body impaled on his glaive back and to the ground. None of the three will ever stand again.

Daichi and Daisuke then charged up to the enemy's left flank on Yuuta's right, while the Indep went up to Yuuta's left. They dodged the spears of their distracted opponents will little hassel and struck with their weapons, although only Daisuke's attack hit the mark and downed his enemy.

The officers and soldiers knocked down by the fireball then stood back up, yelling at their troops to stay in line. Shigeru's dagger then flew out and nail a direct hit on one of the officers' faces, who collapsed again like a sack of meat without another word. Yumiko also took aim and shot at the other officer, but one of the spearmen in front was hit instead and collapsed from the wound.

Meanwhile, Yuzuru charged up to Katsurou's right, and one swing of his blade put two more spearmen down. The enemy's forward line had been completely broken at the center... their morale was on the verge of breaking, and even though the rear line's officer shouted at his men to advance to fill the hole, they refused to take more than just a few steps forward...

Ryouma, on the other hand, shouted "Group A! with me!" then charged off towards the east side of the keep, straight towards a ramp that went up the walls... the crossbow squad had re-locked onto her group only a second prior, probably not to take chances with another possible blaster mage in the midst; a volley of bolts flew out, and one of Group A's members went down...

( to the North, the Hojo squad has reached the gates ~60ft away )
( to the South, the vanguard of Group C, numbering about 2 dozen, were just seconds away from the gateway [they'll be up in another 2 turns] )
( to the West, the enemy still inside the barracks finally exitted, forming up 2 lines of nine and ten [first line on map]; these are presumably the last group of enemies to show themselves )

( next: Marty, Judson )

[EDIT: Judson is actually in J14 (next to Shigeru) at the moment... forgot to update his position <.< ]
Map.JPG
Map.JPG (69.04 KiB) Viewed 18946 times
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:22 pm

Terasaka moves forward to support Katsurou against the soldiers forming up to the west.

(3AP move to H10, 1AP recover Crysteel Blade, 4AP invested into guard)

AC: 62 (48) five guard attempts
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:16 am

(Assuming that "down" means "dead," otherwise, action would be different.)
Shigeru charges off with the rest of Group A.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:42 am

( next up: Drew, Dave )
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:56 am

"Shields Attack! Pikes on the defense!" Katsurou shouted, stepping towards the three spearman before him and shooting them a icy glare.

(Guard Mode On
1AP to move to H7
4AP readied attack: 1d20+12=31; damage: 4d8+15=34
Cleave 1: 1d20+12=24: damage: 4d8+15=43
Cleave 2: 1d20+12=30: damage: 4d8+15=29
2AP to Intimidate the spearmen in F5 - H5 (1d20+12=29)
AC: 31)
Last edited by Mr_Praetorian on Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Laharl
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:33 am

Yuuta strikes at the spearman in front of him again (4AP attack, 3AP Guard).

Attack: 24
Damage: 27

Guard AC: 51 (61 vs FD)
Evasive AC: 42 (52 vs FD)

While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:08 pm

( round 7 ends... )

The three footman opposing Katsurou took a step back, then simultaneous broke aside and ran as one (one of them even dropped his spear in progress). On the right wing, Yuuta cuts down another, while Yumiko releases another arrow, which this time did strike the wounded enemy officer and killed him. It was the last straw--- the entire first line immediately broke, every member running for their lives towards the north gate; the second line's right flank (your left) did as well, while their left side just barely held as their officer threatened to cut down anyone who withdrew...

Yuzuru then stepped up to Katsurou's right, looked at him with a smirk, and readied his stance towards the Mouri soldiers who were running away and the Hojo warriors running up to replace them...

The two archer squads on the north wall sent out another volley, this time at the Indep/Yuuta/Daichi/Daisuke line; Yuuta easily evaded four shots aimed at him, but the others had to frankly block and parry the arrows as they could...

(Edit): On the west side, the officer yelled his orders, and the six spearmen of the first line charged Katsurou at once. The first three were cut down by a single swing of Katsurou's readied glaive, while the other three attacks were evaded.

In the meantime, the Hojo squad also charged up, including eight samurai and four mages. The Hojo diviners then each tossed several pieces of paper into the air, which promptly reanimated into two dozen small shikigami birds, each with a disproportionally long and extremely sharp beak, which then charged into combat: four at Katsurou, and three each at Yuuta's line. Yuzuru cut down all four aimed at Katsurou with two swings of his blade. Daichi and Daisuke each managed to cut down a bird, but while Daisuke evaded/blocked both, Daichi's right leg had been pierced by one of them and he collapsed on his one good leg (still alive but seriously wounded)... meanwhile, the Indep on the left was cut through by two birds and toppled to the ground. The shikigami then flew back up into the sky, swinging around for a second charge...

On the east wall, Ryouma and Group A made it up the ramp, cut down the only two spearmen guarding it, and then turn about. The crossbow squad gave a hurried, scattered volley, but they were so shaken that most of them missed horribly. One lucky bolt however did nail one of the leading members of Group A straight in the face.
( Marty, you can either move up the ramp with them or try to make an attack on this side, but the enemy would be protected by light battlements )

( The vanguard, numbering about two dozen and led by Wolf Fang leader Zanma Rouga and Yuzuru's sister Kawanoe Mine, just entered the southern gateway )

( Dave: all three of the birds attacking you provoke AoOs from you )
( Marty, Judson, go )

Map.JPG
Map.JPG (71.04 KiB) Viewed 18909 times
|

()

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:01 pm

Shigeru moves up the ramp with Group A.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:09 pm

Yuuta's ax flashes at the enemies that dare come within his reach.

Attack rolls:
50 (nat 20)

Damage:

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:10 pm

Terasaka launches a vicious slash at the spearman in front of him, attempting to hurl him back into the second line. He then steps up to directly in front of the next soldier, grinning maniacally with the butt of his halberd poised.

(4AP Standard attack against soldier in G13, 0AP adjustment to H12, 5AP into guard)
Attack: 38* Damage: .

AC: 63 (49) six guard attempts
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:25 pm

( mmmh Dave I'm pretty sure you still only have 1 AoO; maybe what I said was too misleading on rule implications )

Yuuta cuts apart one of the paper birds that flew at him and dodged the other two's attack.

Terasaka's halberd cuts the soldier in front of him in two, sending two separate bodyparts (and a whole lot of blood and gore) back onto the two soldiers behind him, one of whom toppled over when the cut torso struck him... the other one (E12) took a second before he dropped his spear and yelled, his unfocused eyes clearly indicating that he just entered shock from the bloody entrails that now covered him.

( next : Drew, Dave )
|

()

Return to “Missions”