Mission 1: Breakout - Hell's Gate

Moderator: Zanaikin

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Re: Mission 1: Breakout - Hell's Gate

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:20 am

"Hear that, comrades?! Reinforcements are on the way!" Katsurou called out, assaulting the Red Oni before him with renewed vigor.

(Guard Mode Active
AC: 33
Standard Attack (4 ap): atk: 1d20+12=26; dmg:
remaining ap invested in guard)
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:03 pm

Katsurou slashed the red oni before him; it was a direct hit, but the weapon didn't go in too deeply and inflicted only light injuries...

Up and down the line, the members of Group B swung out at the enemies; all but 1 of them hit to pile on some additional injuries. But the enemy was too tough, and many of them weren't even close to being taken down... then they counterattacked. Most of the allies successfully blocked the attacks, but as the third blue oni of the left flank (who dropped his opposition last round) turned and ganged up on the independent fighting at Terasaka's left side, the man failed to block two enemy attacks in a row and was sent hurling back before landing on the ground in a crumbled and motionless state. The two blue then turned to face Terasaka, albeit a bit hesitantly as their eyes shifted between him and the two fallen reds near him...

Two arrows then soaring in from far behind. One of them shot past and missed one of the blues facing Terasaka. The other went straight into the red opposing Katsurou and buried itself inbetween the red's ribs...

(next: Dave, Judson!)
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:27 pm

Terasaka maintains his guarded stance as he slashes viciously at the legs of the nearest blue, aiming to cripple the beast.

Guard mode, 3 AP invested.

Critical Strike to the legs:
Attack Roll: 38* Damage: . Using both trip and bull rush from Piledriver

AC: 61 (47) Four guard attempts
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:59 pm

@Dave: you have 1 blue within 10ft of your front (the one you're facing), one ally 10ft to your right, whose facing off against a second blue 10ft away and about 15ft from you. The next nearest ally is Judson's char about 30ishft away to your right, and there're two blues in-between, facing his way.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:32 pm

Yuuta steps forward and thrusts his sword for the oni in front of him's heart. (1AP shift, 4AP attack, 2AP guard)

Attack: 21
Damage: 26 slashing

Guard AC: 46 (56 vs FD)
Evasive AC: 37 (47 vs FD)

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:19 pm

[ sorry for the delay ]

Terasaka's strike nails the leg of the blue oni closest to him, the tremendous power behind the halberd blade sent it cleaving through both legs. The enemy collapsed onto the ground in three separate pieces, with the main arteries still spraying blood all over (a good amount on Terasaka himself); not even its eyeballs have moved a bit since...

Yuuta successfully sends another slash into the blue oni in front of him; the enemy was now seriously injured and bleeding profusing, but still very much up for a fight.

[ Drew: you're next ]
[ enemies remaining: one remaining Red facing Katsurou;3 Blues on left wing (vs. Yuuta, an Independent, and Terasaka); 4 Blues on right wing (vs. three other Blackhearts: Daichi, Daisuke, Kasumi) ]
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:19 pm

Katsurou once again launches a defensive attack towards the red in front of him.

(Guard Mode:
AC: 28
Standard Attack: 1d20+12=32 (crit: confirm 27); dmg:
Remaining AP invested in guard.)

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:53 pm

Katsurou's glaive strikes the red oni on its side and crashes through its ribcage; the red shrieks in pain as it attempts to balance itself, clearly winded (dazed, but still quite alive) from the shock inflicted by the painful hit.

The fight between the remnants of the two 'lines' continued. The allies struck out first, inflicting some more damage upon the enemy they're facing, before they retaliated in kind. One of the blues on the right wing reshifted his focus towards Kasumi, who disrupted one of the attacks aimed at her (from a diff enemy) but failed to dodge the other. Her body was easily sent flying by the attack and crumbled back down on the ground 15ft away...
(Yuuta dodged the attack against him easily without guard; Katsurou's opponent is dazed; and the blue facing Terasaka seems hesitant to step forward to attack... he seems to be readying an attack to disrupt yours...)

Another arrow soared in from behind, which struck the dazed red's torso with a direct hit... (still standing). You could also heard the reinforcement warriors, at least half a dozen, charging up from just behind you all (within a round's distance away)...

(next up: Dave, Judson)
|

()

Laharl
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:52 pm

Yuuta, annoyed that his target is still up, shifts back into range and slashes across the oni's body (Steely Strike).

Attack Roll: 31
Damage: 36 and Fort DC 36 or stagger (1 round)

While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:11 pm

Terasaka stabs the blue in front of him from a careful defensive stance.

Standard attack, 5AP invested in guard.

Attack: 38* Damage: .

AC: 63 (49)
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:28 am

Yuuta's blade smacks the blue before him, who yelled and gave one last wild swing before it toppled over onto the ground...

The blue going against Terasaka lunged out at him but missed, while the latter pierced into the blue's torso with the halberd tip--- a moderately damaging direct hit, but still far from killing it.

(next: Drew)
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:12 am

Katsurou attacks the red in front of him once more.

(Guard Mode:
AC: 29
Standard Attack: 1d20+12=25; dmg:
Remaining AP invested in guard)

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:19 pm

Katsurou strikes the red before him once again, although the blade made a direct hit it didn't cut in too particularly deep due to the foe's tough hide...

The one remaining (unnamed) independent and Daichi struck back against the blues they're fighting, which were starting to get seriously injured but still had some fight left. Daisuke however went on full defense as three blues on the right wing began to surround him. Somehow by sheer luck (and willpower) he managed to guard all of their attacks... before the reinforcements arrived.

An arrow first flew in to pierce the rightmost blue oni in the torso, then seven warriors charged in, and five separate spears completely skewered the rightmost blue, who went limp within seconds. Two other warriors with shields and swords in hand went up to help cover Daichi and Daisuke against the three blues still remaining...

[current status: left wing has 2 blues remaining (10ft b/t them) with the independent fighting one (also 10ft away from Yuuta) and Terasaka fighting the other; Katsurou is fighting a critically wounded red in the center that's about to fall any second [you can step up to cleave the newest blue fighting Daichi]; and 3 blues still remaining on the right wing but is about to get overwhelmed by the 9 allies going against them]

(next up: Dave, Judson)
|

()

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:37 pm

Yuuta sprints over to help the independent, confident he can dodge any incoming attack as he closes, before slicing his axe down viciously (10ft move, Crysteel Blade, remaining AP in Guard, put FD on the one I'm attacking)

Attack: 26
Damage: 29 (Fort DC 29 or be fatigued for one minute)

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:06 pm

Seeing the enemies about to be overwhelmed, Terasaka drops his cautious defensive stance and hammers the blue in front of him with a brutal blow.

Smash attack, -10 power attack

Attack Roll: 33* Damage:

AC: 39
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Return to “Missions”