Moderator: Zanaikin

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: Mission 1: Breakout - Hell's Gate

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:25 pm

[ I'm starting to work on a battle-map btw, this is getting confusing... ]

As screams of 'fire' quickly turned to 'enemy attack', the rest of the enemies all tossed aside their containers and pulled out their weapons, if they had them--- which three did not and promptly turned around to dash back into the gate (Judson: AoO)

The five others however all encircled Terasaka and thrusted out with their spears; but their accuracy was horrible and Terasaka easily evaded all but one of the strikes, while he batted aside with his halberd...

[ Currently: all 5 enemies at the gate within reach of Terasaka, 1 within reach of Katsurou with a second one step away ]

Yuzuru also followed Yuuta up...

There were currently at least fifty soldiers and officers (easily noticeable by their proper samurai armor) in the courtyard on the other side of the gateway (about another 40ft away), and although slower to react than most soldiers they were nevertheless starting to regroup. Most of them were ashigaru light infantry armed with spears, but one squad of ten were crossbow armed.

( next: Marty, Judson )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:26 pm

Terasaka ignores the fleeing soldier in favor of a more cautious defensive stance. As the others close in around him, he lashes out against every foe in reach with a whirlwind of deadly steel, his eyes beginning to glow an infernal red.

(Activate curse, guard mode, 2AP invested. Mithral Tornado.)

Attacks:
38* Damage:
38* Damage:
38* Damage:
38* Damage:
38* Damage:

AC: 60 (46) 3 guard attempts (note: Armed Deflection from to Polearm Expert)
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:44 pm

Shigeru remains in stealthy and throws a dagger (+1 masterwork dagger, not the +2) at one of the five soldiers around Terasaka. (Draw dagger for 1 AP, throw for 4 AP)
(Attack Roll: )
(Damage Roll: )
(Stealth check to remain hidden: )

(Re-initiate Silent Calm using the next dagger to be thrown, 1 AP)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:56 pm

The nearest footman manages to evade Shigeru's dagger, only before he, along all his comrades, were caught by Terasaka's whirling halberd, which easily tore through their light armor padding, cut deep into their stomaches, and then tossed all five fully-grown men aside like rag dolls.

(Gamechat theonecag: and judson just nuked the Rent-A-Guards)
( next: Drew, Dave )

[ The gateway is currently emptied of enemies, nearest is 40ft on the other side ]
[ Drew & Dave: you're both 10ft short of reaching the edge of the 10ftdeepx25ftwide gateway ]
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:08 pm

Yuuta advances 15 feet and takes up a defensive stance (6 AP invested in Guard).

Guard AC: 50
Evasive AC: 41

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:17 pm

"Polearms in front! Sheilds to the flanks! We're taking that gatehouse!" roared Katsurou moving up one square past Yuuta and entering a defensive stance.

(Guard Mode: On
1 ap to bark orders, 2 ap to move into position, 4ap invested in Guard
AC: 30)
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:03 pm

( Round 2 )

With the gateway secured, most of Group A got out of their camouflaged dugouts and moved up to behind Group B, although more to the side so they can avoid any ranged fire that goes through and use the walls as cover. One of the mages also began to cast a spell, probably to conjure something to brace and keep the gates open with as originally planned...

40ft on the other side of the gateway, two of the squads finally assembled: a line of 8 spearmen in the front, with their samurai commander on the left flank; another line of 10 crossbow behind them, with their samurai commander on the right flank. The crossbowmen were also kneeling down and preparing for a volley... and the spear lines behind them were still being formed (or attempting to).

Daichi and Daisuke brought their shields to bear on Katsurou's right side, with the extra independent to their right side and anchored to the wall. Yumiko moved up to 15ft behind Katsurou and took aim at the enemy ranks...

( Next: Marty, Judson )
|

()

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:56 pm

Terasaka resumes his headlong rush, charging at the commander on the left flank and grinning maniacally as he attempts to impale the man with his halberd.

(Charge, 2AP run, 4AP Crysteel Blade)

Attack: 45* Damage: .

(If the samurai falls, 1AP to stop running and then 2AP to move behind the crossbow line, trying to get as many in reach as possible, otherwise end action there.)

AC: 58 (44) 1 guard attempt
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:38 am

Shigeru heads out from his stealthed position and joins up with the rest of Group A behind Group B and out of direct line of fire from the crossbows. (not much else to do this turn)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:55 pm

( Judson I'm not sure whether to call that move opportunistically daring or just exceptionally stupid... the dice shall be the judge of that )

Terasaka's charge completely took the enemy by surprise. Before the samurai could even react, the halberd had penetrated through his body and then tossed him aside. One of the spearmen thrusted out at Terasaka as he rushed towards the edge of the crossbowmen line, but he evaded the attack...

Now that Terasaka is through the gateway, he notices that the 50ish men gathered in the courtyard is probably less than half the garrison. There were at least another 50 scattered across the walls and the northern gate of the keep (some wielding spears but most wielding bows/crossbows), and possibly more inside the barracks next to the eastern wall (~60ft to the right)... those on the northern gate of the keep were also shouting out 'ATTACK', except it was towards the other side of the outer gate (which were just barely open).

( next: Drew & Dave )
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:52 pm

Katsurou watched on, somewhat in shock as Tersaka's charge commenced.

"The fuck..." Then, snapping out of it, "Polearms forward! Shields guard the rear!"

With that, Katsurou gave a hellish battle roar, and surged forward as well.

(Guard Mode on.
1 ap to bark orders, 6ap charge (4 attack, 2 run), attacking the spearman directly in front of him
Attack: 28; Damage:
Cleave 1: Rightward Adjacent Guard
Attack: 1d20+14=31; Damage:

Cleave 2: Leftward Adjacent Guard
Attack: 1d20+14=24; Damage:

AC 26)
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Laharl
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:48 pm

Yuuta charges forward to assist Katsurou, attacking the conscript directly in his line of movement (4AP attack, 2AP movement).

Attack: 41 (nat 20) + 8 = 49
Damage: 40

AC: 25 (+14 Guard)

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:30 pm

Katsurou rushed straight into the center of the spear line, with Yuuta following him. Five different spearmen thrusted out with their readied weapons, but not a single one hit. Then, with a mighty swing of his glaive, the Blackheart sliced completely through the waist of one man, left a gaping and obviously fatal wound on another before hurling him back onto the ground, and cut deep into a third (who managed to keep standing albeit critically wounded). Yuuta also rushed up to attack, and his axe cleanly cut off both legs of one of the spearmen.

"Fucking hell, what is that ugly bastard thinking..." cursed Yuzuru audibly, but he still followed the others by charging towards Katsurou's right (10ft away), his long-edged nodachi swung with brutal power and instantly cut down another three men.

The first line of spears, their officer killed and their numbers reduced to just 3 (one badly wounded) from the original 8, immediately broke as those alive fled into the mass of troops. The line of crossbowmen, under their leader's orders, also fell neatly back into the crowd of troops [a retreat order], except for the two on the flank that was near Terasaka who saw their comrades pulling back and scrambled to rush along...
(Drew: the badly wounded one provokes an AoO from you)
(Judson: each of the two crossbowmen provokes an AoO from you)

The three shielded members of Group B rushed up to take their positions behind Katsurou, while Yumiko launched her arrow against the retreating crossbow commander--- it went straight into his back, but he only staggered for a few steps before continuing.

Ryouma was also cursing the development, apparently no one planned on charging straight into the keep. Nevertheless she rushed up to behind the men of Group B and beckoned the rest of Group A to follow. Most of them did, stopping 15ft short of Katsurou himself and taking aim (or readying) with their ranged weapons...

Heeding the call of one of the samurai officers (probably the highest ranked one) in the center of the mass of troops in the courtyard, eight spearmen, some already near and some charging up, attacked Terasaka in quick succession [Katsurou recognizes it as a Circle Attack order]. He managed to evade the first 5 attacks, parried off the 6th, but the last two spears pierced straight towards him...
Attack7: (21 piercing damage)
Attack8: (28 piercing damage, Fort (DC = damage dealt) or receive left arm injury [-2 STR & DEX]).
|

()

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:46 pm

Terasaka again ignores the retreating enemies, putting all his concentration into an all-out effort to dodge the spears.

(Spend two WPs to double Agility bonus to AC against the last two attacks, boosting it to 59.)

(I think I'm reading the WP rules right. Otherwise, or if they hit anyway, fort check vs injury is failed, and if both hit I'm negative and unconscious.)
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:43 am

( no... )

Terasaka somehow manages to evade both attacks with inhuman reflexes and precision...

( that double ability mod AP use is so going to get taken out with the rebuild )

( next: Marty, Judson )
|

()

Return to “Missions”