Mission 1: Breakout - Hell's Gate

Moderator: Zanaikin

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: Mission 1: Breakout - Hell's Gate

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:29 pm

The blue swung out at Yuuta as he advanced, but Yuuta evaded the attack before his own axe slashed into the enemy's torso; the blue however managed to remain standing, albeit critically injured.

Terasaka's brutal halberd strike however, flat out sliced the opposing blue oni in half--- diagnostially down from the left shoulder and cleaving out of the right ribcage. The top piece was then flung about 8ft away, gushing blood into the air until it landed--- while the bottom piece simply collapsed onto the ground.

(next: Drew)
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:07 pm

"Die!" Katsurou roared, his eyes filling with hate as he slashed his glaive hard from the right.

(Smash Attack (-6 PA): 1d20+11=31 (crit confirm: 1d20+11=23); dmg: )

After finally dropping the last Red Oni, Katsuru pressed rightward, slashing down towards the Blue Oni engaged with Daichi.

(Cleave Attack: 1d20+11=28; dmg:

AC: 26)
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:18 pm

Katsurou's glaive cuts straight through the red oni, severing it in half at the waist, and the blade then smashed into the blue still engaged with Daichi, wounding it critically. Daichi then slashed out with his sword and finished it off...

On the right flank, the five spearmen as well as one of the swordsmen rushed forward to attack the next blue. Under one of their coordination (Order: Circle Attack), the six of them struck out in a rapid stream of attacks and skewered their enemy just like the last one...

The two last remaining blues attempted to flee. The one on the right flank however got hit by three blades and one speartip as it exposed its back to leave, and managed to take only two steps before collapsing onto the ground...

The one from the left takes a slash from the independent and... [Dave: AoO]
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:33 pm

Yuuta's ax flashes out in an attempt to halt the oni's flight.

Attack: 30
Damage: 31

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:40 pm

...and Yuuta finishes the last blue oni before it could get away...

(*FF Victory Bell plays*)

4,400EXP each
+880EXP to Terasaka (Encounter MvP)
+440EXP to Daisuke (2nd)
[also updating EXP system a bit so Marty should have gotten 1200XP last time]

Based on the noise, it appears the fighting on the other side of camp has already finished, and many of the warriors were already starting to return to their tents, hoping to rest the final few hours before the assault... one of the healers examined the three who were struck by the oni and only shook their head--- because of the raw strength behind their fists, few humans could survive a direct hit by the oni (even the lesser blue ones) and survive, not when a single punch had the power to shatter entire ribcages...

(anything you plan to do right now?)
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:29 pm

Katsurou approaches the other commanders shortly after the battle ends. "As I have lost three warriors, I will likely need replacements. However, I realize that we are short of warriors to begin with. So, I suppose just assigning that Yuuta fellow and one more would make up the deficit nicely." (Diplomacy 29).

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:46 am

( btw: Yuuta is already assigned to Group B )

It took a while before several of the leaders came over; those awake right now must have been on the other side of the camp where the 'main attack' took place...

Kawanoe Yuzuru nodded at Katsurou's request before he turned around and looked over the other leaders standing around him. It was obvious that none of them wanted that job---
"...and everybody had already been assigned to groups huh? Well, it looks like no one is willing to go along? ---- in that case..." Yuzuru turned back around and smirked at Katsurou: "looks like you'll just have to deal with--- me!"

Yuzuru's lieutenants were shocked speechless for a second, and just as Ryouma was about to speak, Yuzuru raised his hand to cut off any objections from behind him.
"All my men were assigned out to separate squads already, and everyone has their orders as it is. So I'm the only one available... how about it, Blackheart?"
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:20 am

Katsurou was clearly rather surprised by Yuzuru's declaration, but never broke eye contact, and quickly gave a smirk himself. After taking a few seconds to faintly chuckle at the obvious dismay of the others behind them.

"We be honored." he replied in a tone of mocking respect, whilst giving the slightest of nods.

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:46 pm

( timeskip... for just a few hours )

It had been a long night, and many of the warriors hardly slept more than but two or three hours, but even then not a single able body wanted to change the plan. Last night had already shown how dangerous it is for large numbers of people to gather at one place, and the attackers' numbers will only increase from now...

[ Marty: you'll need to burn another Camouflage spell ]

Group A had prepared hiding spots for themselves and Group B before dusk came, then after all the groups entered their positions, they set fire to all the flammables garbage that had been piled up under the Keep's walls. Within minutes, hundreds of pounds of trash were alight with flames, and a wall of smoke clouded the entire keep's front walls while the heat of the flames assaulted the battlements. Shouts of fire soon came about, and it didn't take long for the entire keep to quite go into a panick.

...and as Ryouma predicted, the gate soon opened, and a rabble of the shoddiest soldiers one could imagine poured out with buckets and two wheelbarrows. At only 30ft's distance away from the gate itself, Ryouma waited about fifteen seconds, until the first soldiers began looking suspiciously at their camouflaged positions, before shouting out:

"ATTACK! LAUNCH THE ATTACK! TAKE THE GATE AND JAM IT NOW!!!"

Group A had been ready for that; they've been aiming at their targets, and an initial volley of arrows, shurikens, and daggers downed seven enemies - half the targets shown, including two of the wheelbarrow pushers at the gate...

Meanwhile, over a hundred warriors suddenly charged over the ridge to the south, shouting battle cries of various varieties as they came...

[ Initiatives and begin actions; if you had a buff spell you wanted to set, cast it--- 3 rounds at least would have passed on the duration already though. ]
[ Objective: take the gate and hold it until the main force arrives (eta 10 rounds)]
[ Gateway: 10ft deep and 25ft wide ]

[ as per plan, Group A, lead by Ryouma and including Shigeru, will be providing support fire; they were about 30ft away from the Gateway ]
[ Group B, lead by Katsurou and including Terasaka, Yuuta, Yuzuru, Daichi, Daisuke, Yumiko, +1 independent, will take the main defensive role ]
[ Group B's position were moved closer than planned, to 150ft away from the Gateway, where there were currently 8 enemies scattered about, still dazed with water buckets in hand ]
|

()

Laharl
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:47 pm

Yuuta nods to himself, before muttering "Let's do this." Init 20.

While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:55 pm

(initiative: )

Terasaka leaps from the camouflaged position and charges forward at full speed towards the enemy, howling a wordless battlecry. As he nears the enemy he slows to a jog, his halberd at the ready.

(Initiate guard mode, 7AP run, 1AP move to be within reach of one of the enemy soldiers)

AC: 53 (39) one guard attempt
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:57 pm

(Initiative: )
(Fresh casting of Camouflage up, MP is at 7/20)

Shigeru remains in camouflage and throws a dagger (+1 masterwork dagger, not the +2) at the nearest enemy. (Draw dagger for 1 AP, throw for 4 AP)
(Attack Roll: )
(Damage Roll: )
(Stealth check to remain hidden: )

(Re-initiate Silent Calm using the next dagger to be thrown, 1 AP)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:27 pm

(Initiative: 1d20+10 = 25)

"Blackhearts! Advance and Engage!"
(Katsurou surged forward (running) towards the nearest enemies
Guard Mode, 7AP spent to run and close with nearest enemies.
AC 26 (31 vs ranged))

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:37 pm

Initiative Order:
Marty
Judson
Drew
Dave
GM

Shigeru's dagger strikes one of the guards still dazed by the enemies who suddenly erupted before him, and two shurikens also flew in on the same man, who crumbled to the ground after receiving the two hits.

Terasaka rushes straight up near the gateway with absurd speed, halberd at the ready and three foes in reach--- who were still busy tossing aside their water buckets and trying to pull out their weapons; one of them then realize that he had forgotten his spear...

Katsurou also runs up there to within 10ft of the gateway area (and 1 enemy in reach, also threatened by Terasaka)...

(next: Dave)
|

()

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:47 pm

Yuuta sprints up towards the enemies (7AP in Run movement, activate Guard Mode), his ax at the ready.

Evasive AC: 25
Guard AC: 39

Return to “Missions”