Mission 1 Postmission Interlude

Moderator: Zanaikin

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Re: Mission 1 Postmission Interlude

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:15 pm

After the foul creature's attacks subsided, Katsurou shifted his combat stance to offensive, and prepared to launch a single, powerful strike at his opponent's head.

(Combat Expertise Engage
Critical Strike towards R3's head: 1d20+13+8[Hero Point] -2[Shaken]= 36; 9d10+30= 87 (slashing)
AC: 20)

In one quick and decisive moment, Katsurou had plunged his glaive into the Oni's throat, severed its spine and at the neck, and "gracefully" sent the creature's head flying into the arms of its blue brother (B5).
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:30 pm

As the Blue facing him brought its weapon back up, Yuuta took the chances and roll right under him, emerging from the other side and stabbing it in the back before it could even turn to respond. The Blue gave an anguished yell before it collapsed onto the ground...

(and as noted, Katsurou killed Red3)

Map.JPG
Map.JPG (88.68 KiB) Viewed 229946 times
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:00 pm

Terasaka screams in rage as the Oni's strike hits home, and as he staggers back from the heavy blow a wave of pure white ripples through his hair and his eyes ignite into blazing embers. He launches into a fiendishly complex attack routine, his halberd whirling around him so fast it appears to blend into a globe of solid steel, the barrage of feints and spoiling attacks broken only by a single precise strike on the Blue's stomach. As he attacks his wound begins to scab over at an unnatural rate, the flesh slowly beginning to knit itself together.

(Hit triggers curse. Critical Strike against torso, with Shield of Swings. Swift action to rebalance. CE remains active)
(so, x3 damage from crit and x0.5 from Shield of Swings should net to x1.5)

Attack:
Damage:

AC: 32 + 8 guard
HP: 22 / 56
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:19 pm

(nice cutscene xP)

Terasaka's halberd smashes into the Blue besides him, breaking ribs and destroying its spine, before it was stopped by the rib bones on the other side. The force of the impact also knocked the oni over and onto the ground, but the sheer shock had killed it even before it landed...

Yumi turned her bow around and fired three arrows into the blue behind her. All three hit the mark once again and the blue soon fell over...

Daisuke and Daichi braced themselves against the last remaining Red. Only two left with the end in sight.

The Blue5 next to Katsurou took two swipes at him, both missed yet again. It took a step back (out of bright illumination) as it noticed its comrades falling left and right around it...

Marty 's next

Map.JPG
Map.JPG (85.71 KiB) Viewed 229936 times
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:31 pm

Seeing the Oni attempting to flank the group fall to the multiple attacks, Shigeru loads another bomb into his cannon and levels it at the remaining Blue Oni which looked as if it was starting to retreat.

(High Explosive Bomb - trying to set it on fire to make it easier to see)

(Attack Roll on B5: 1d20+12 = 26)
(Damage to B5: 6d6+6 = 23 fire damage)
(B5 catches on fire for 3d6 fire damage/round, DC 19 Reflex save to extinguish itself on its turn, rolling on the ground gives a +2 to the save)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:40 pm

Shigeru's bomb lands on the Blue and ignites it on fire...

The last Red, after seeing the others fall within seconds, several of them gruesomely, turned around and fled into the darkness (full run - 160ft). Although Daichi managed to give it one last stab with his spear...

(Someone can have fun with that last Blue... dave, judson, and drew are up next... I'll start writing up the next part).

(I believe the following is the damage taken that needs healing):
Terasaka/Judson: 34dmg (although his regen will probably cover some)
Yuuta/Dave: 30dmg
Katsurou/Drew: 50dmg
Daisuke: 31dmg
Yumi: 33dmg
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:51 pm

Eyes filled with fury, Katsurou steps towards the remaining Blue Oni with gruesome intent. With a great surge of anger, he thrusted the head of his glaive into the creature's stomach, twisted, and tore his weapon from its side.

(Power Attack Engaged
Critical Strike to the Torso: 1d20+13= 27; 9d10+57= 101 (slashing)

AC 16)

Active Characters:

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:36 am

[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:11 am

Yuuta adds a Cure Light Wounds to all the other members of the party, healing them for 6 HP each.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:29 am

Terasaka checks the bodies of the Oni starting with the two at I15 and K13 to see if any of the downed monsters are still breathing. If he finds one still clinging to life, he will drain it dry, healing wisdom damage first then hp damage if it lives that long. Afterwards he lets the curse lapse.

(apparently you can survive until your negative hp are equal to your con score)
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:40 pm

After the healing and mending process subsides, Katsurou calls both Shigeru and Yuuta over to him.

"Clearly, you both are battleworthy, having survived Deathlands, the battle for our freedom, and now a second tour of this accursed place. It should also be clear, that in being assigned to the Blackhearts, that the others within our "alliance" have placed little faith in your usefulness, and we see you die out here with the rest of us. Given what I have seen in the last few days, I believe this is a grave mistake.

Shigeru. Between your bombs, healing abilities, and solution to our rations problem, you have proven yourself to be an adaptive and useful comrade. You served admirably in vanguard, and by your hands, we may survive this place a second time.

Yuuta. Your tracking skills are of note, as was the tenacity with which you held our left flank. I do not know what other secrets you may hold, but I believe they may be to our benefit.

Hence, I offer to you both an invitation into the Blackhearts."

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:29 pm

Unfortunately Terasaka does not find any of the oni still alive... (they do have ferocity).

As Katsurou spoke, both of the brothers and Yumi turned around. They had stopped treating their wounds or wiping blood off their armor and focused their attention on the three. Daisuke was almost about to say something as they waited on Shigeru and Yuuta's answers, but only to be stopped when Yumi turned around to glare at him once and shook her head, then turning back around.

[also when you post, I need Perception and Survival (track) checks for the upcoming day]
|

()

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:11 am

(Perception: 1d20+9 = 23)
(Survival (aid other): 1d20+1 = 15)
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:27 pm

[ So Dave, Marty, a post sometime? I mean it's not a hard reply needed to above (even if it's a IC reply for clarification), and we're kinda stuck waiting... ]
|

()

Laharl
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:35 pm

(I can't fully post, since I'm the tracker and need to wait for everybody's aid rolls)

Yuuta weighs the offer for a minute or two, before responding. "You do make a point. Tell me more about your group. All I know is what I've seen so far. How did an entire mercenary company get thrown in here? Politics?"

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Return to “Missions”