URGENT NOTICE

Anything is allowed, don't overdo the spam.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

URGENT NOTICE

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:36 am

Your WebLord, Sajuuk, regrets to inform you of some bad news. He would also like to ask some questions.

As most of you know, I now have a job (thats not retail or burger flipping), and as such my parents are no longer covering my expenses. This includes the webhosting. Yes, they were paying for it for the past 3 years when the google ads didnt cover it (read: all the time). Thus, I need to find a new method of paying for hosting. Since we have had horrendous luck at earning moneys with AdSense, that leaves one other source of income: you, the users. I am putting out the call for donations/fees/whatever you want to call them. Below are the details on our current hosting plan.
Web Hosting - $19.99/Month charged every three months ($59.57)
Domain Names - 6 (druidsofthecoast.com, major-arcana.org, sajuuk.net, dychoops.com, dycsports.com, balcoratalk.com) (I pay for sajuuk, both dycs, and balcoratalk) Domains are 8.99/year (1 included) to 1and1 and $10/year to the ICANN

POINT 2:
We, the administration (namely myself and Laharl) are pondering a move to a dedicated server hosting plan. This would raise the cost overhead, but would greatly expand our flexibility, allowing for new features (like that dice roller thats not working right now, and maybe even that battle mapper that people keep asking about), and increasing our control of the server. Having the site go down because of someone else's website on the same server getting Dugg or Slashdotted would be a thing of the past. Below are the details on the potential hosting plan.
$49.99/month (24 month contract, no setup fee)
Domain Names - 6 (druidsofthecoast.com, major-arcana.org, sajuuk.net, dychoops.com, dycsports.com, balcoratalk.com) (I pay for sajuuk, both dycs, and balcoratalk) Domains are 8.99/year (1 included) to 1and1 and $10/year to the ICANN

POINT 2.5:
OR we could go to a middle of the road approach and get a Virtual Private Server. More details coming.

Post all comments and feedback here
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Re: URGENT NOTICE

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:43 am

It should be noted that while I do have this marked as URGENT, the next hosting payment is not until early September.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General Discussions”