FUNDING

Anything is allowed, don't overdo the spam.
Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

FUNDING

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:15 pm

After some brainwaving (and yes, prodding by the parentals (and yes, a potentially dangerous situation involving checks that are not cashed at their usual times this month by the landlord and town, plus the server billing, plus laundry (all at the same time)), I have decided to pitch a proposal to ease the costs of the server on my bank account. Right now, we pay $60/month (well, 59.99) for the server. Why so much? Well, its a dedicated server, not a shared hosting (like we had initially) or a VPS (like we had when we switched off of bluehost). Why a dedicated server? Well, it means that if something goes kablooey, we don't have our contract terminated for killing other websites. Plus, it was cheaper than upgrading to the next-biggest VPS (yes, seriously. and it got us a boatload more space too). Why do we need all that storage space/processing power/etc? Well, I use the server for a lot more than just the forums and the PDF repo. Backups, my request page for internet radio, an IRC bot, and my BNC Server just to name a few.

So, here's my proposal: I'm willing to pay half of the hosting costs ($30/month), and you folks can split the remaining costs amongst yourselves. I'm not going to require you to pay (that would be evil and exploitative), but I'll SUGGEST that you do. And if you have a hard time justifying it for just the forums, remember that 99% of the stuff in the PDF repo that is paid for out of my wallet as well.
I could set this up via paypal, but I know not everyone wants to use paypal. I'd prefer it to be done electronically, since dealing with paper checks takes me a long time due to the fact that the check has to go to me and then go to Delaware to get deposited.

Anyway, here's the math:
  • I pay 50%: $30
  • 2 people on board: $15 each
  • 3 on board: $10 each
  • 4 on board: $7.50 each
  • and so on...

Anyone interested?

PS: Don't worry about domain name fees, I take care of those.

EDIT: Yes, I had tried to avoid the need for this with Google Adsense, but that never really worked well.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None
SKULL AND SHACKLES COMBAT MAP
SKULL AND SHACKLES NPC RELATIONS DATABASE
SKULL AND SHACKLES PARTY LOOT/SUPPLIES

SHADOWRUN COMBAT MAP

IRON GODS PARTY LOOT/SUPPLIES

Stormreach Company Assets

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support

Re: FUNDING

Postby Squall255 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:57 pm

FIRST!

I'm in
(WotR Combat Map|WotR Citadel Map)
(WotR Allied Armies and NPC's|WotR NPC Relationship DB)

Shankara

Dr. Goodberry

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: Expert 6/Theatre Professional 2/Facilities Professional 1

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:25 pm

Count me in as well.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:
Daveed Sunseeker
Niles Iskarion
Sandara Quinn
Gorin

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:44 am

Count me in.
Haaaahahahaha!!!!

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:49 pm

Yes, I will be following up on this. The day I'm shooting for having the money by is the last day of the month, since the bill tends to show up on the 1st or 2nd of the month. Factor in 3 business days for the money to go from my Paypal account to my bank account, and you should be able to figure out when I need the payment by (if you're Paypaling). If you are wire-transferring, then do a similar calculation of how long it takes the transfer to go.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None
SKULL AND SHACKLES COMBAT MAP
SKULL AND SHACKLES NPC RELATIONS DATABASE
SKULL AND SHACKLES PARTY LOOT/SUPPLIES

SHADOWRUN COMBAT MAP

IRON GODS PARTY LOOT/SUPPLIES

Stormreach Company Assets

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Return to “General Discussions”