THE RESURRECTION!

Anything is allowed, don't overdo the spam.

17%
67%
No votes
No votes
17%

Total votes: 6

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

THE RESURRECTION!

Postby Sajuuk » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:02 am

[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: THE RESURRECTION!

Postby Laharl » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:08 am

I'd be fine with any of these, though I think I prefer CotSQ or the FR game to the Eberron game. I will need to reacquire PDFs and time before I can make a character, however.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:11 am

I LIVE!!!
that said, I'd probably be able to play either of those, my suggestion would be Skype for real time vocal conversations, supplemented with text.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Sajuuk
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:12 am

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:30 am

Also:

Mark your calendars people! Take 2 of the attempt at the First Annual PlacidCon (I refuse to call it MartyCon, I'm not that big of an egomaniac) is scheduled to run from October 8th to October 11th. Of course, the 8th will probably be people showing up (assuming it actually happens this year.)

Details Pending Interest, but it is obviously going to be held in Lake Placid, NY. Rides from as far away as Albany are available, but I would much rather prefer if people took the Adirondack train to Westport, Fort Edward, or Saratoga Springs as they are a shorter drive and consume less gas. Or, if you feel like saving me some gas money and are willing to sit on a bus for X hours, where X is a number larger than the amount of hours would spend on the train, you can take a Greyhound bus right into Lake Placid and get dropped off about 3 blocks from my place.

Limited accommodations will be available at the NerdCave. Like 2 people limited. Three if you push it and someone sleeps in front of the entertainment center. Four if someone sleeps on the kitchen floor.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:56 am

If I haz teh moneyz, I'll definitely show up. Can't really promise anything at the moment. Though, if I am going, expect to see another version of the Temple of Challenges.

As for campaigns:
If people would like to join in the CotSQ game, I'd be delighted.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:16 am

Forsooth! I hath added a poll to the thread! Now go vote for your choice!

I have also added 2 choices: D20 Modern (i've had a few ideas floating around for D20 Modern/Near Future games, but expect some rules changes), and Mutants and Masterminds 2e (AKA The Marvel RPG System for people that like to build their character from scratch).

Of course, I'd also like to do a D20 Modern Zombie game where you all start as level 1 college students (okay, maybe level 2) and the zombie outbreak starts at your school. Might save that for PlacidCon.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:45 am

CotSQ. I have two primary reasons.

1. I already have a character(s) rolled up for it.

2. I'd like to actually see this friggin' game through.

Active Characters:

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:26 am

Playing over Skype (or a similar program) seems like a really good idea, especially if it supports multi-person video conferencing.

I'd like any of the DnD games, although I guess I'd have a slight preference for City of the Spider Queen.
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:51 am

Definitely City of the Spider Queen. My character from the last time we tried that was quite enjoyable to run.

Also, I don't have Skype, so AIM would be preferable for me.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Laharl
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:05 am

I would third the Skype idea. For those who don't have it, it's free and pretty intuitive.

Marty, if you're going to come down around dinner, more or less any night can work other than Wednesday next week. Things get a little more complicated the next week. Just give me a day or two's notice, is all I ask.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:13 am

Well, it looks like City of the Spider Queen has won out.

Rules will be up soon. Expect a rather large PDF to download that will have rules and custom content in it. Once I get around to editing it for Forgotten Realms and not Eberron.
Sorry Drew, but the free legacy weapon thing I had been planning on doing is most likely going away. Unless I get petitioned otherwise. In which case, the power level of the enemies will be being raised further to compensate.

Now would someone else please start up a game? Preferably a level 10 game so that the Swordsage/Suel Arcanamach I had built to use as a GMPC in CotSQ doesn't sit around collecting dust?

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:34 am

And here we have the compendium:. Fear not, its only 1.96 MB. But its got 237 pages of content. Page break is the content organizer's friend.

And since I apparently forgot to include the character creation, skills, and sanity rules, they are located in this document. Because I'm not sitting around for another 30 minutes while Adobe rebuilds that PDF.

I claim no ownership of anything in the document except for the Alastor and Marchosias Vestiges, the Crimson Heritage Hunter prestige class, the GEM vestige preview (no, you can't use any of those yet, they aren't done), and the Grappling Bracer, Martimus's Magical Map, Martimus's Magical Radar, and Nature's Band items. Everything else is a combination of some of Dai's custom content and stuff I've found on the WotC Boards (back when they were decent) and the GiantITP Homebrew Forum.

EDIT (0139 4/29) - New version of compendium uploaded. Forgot to include character creation, skills, sanity, and backgrounds rules. Going to sleep now.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:14 pm

Fuck psionics. I'll playing a Rune Knight.

Hint: It may be time for some CotSQ Fora.

Active Characters:

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:52 pm

CotSQ fora shall be intelligently designed later today. Maybe some fauna too. Yes, I know that its "flora."

Return to “General Discussions”