NOTICE ABOUT MIGRATION

Anything is allowed, don't overdo the spam.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

NOTICE ABOUT MIGRATION

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:00 am

I just heard back from 1&1 Support about the servers. They are currently backed up in their dedicated server orders (i.e., they ran out of parts). It could be a week or two. For the time being, I have re-enabled the boards. I will run backups of the database at least once a day (I'm pretty sure I've got like a week before the DB gets deleted after the migration is done, but its better to be safe than sorry).
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Sajuuk
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Re: NOTICE ABOUT MIGRATION

Postby Sajuuk » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:04 pm

FYI: WE ARE ON THE DEDICATED SERVER NOW! PHP WAS DISABLED FOR SOME REASON IF YOU HAD TRIED TO ACCESS RECENTLY. ADVANCED CONFIGURATION WILL COMMENCE LATER TODAY.

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:26 am

Okay, so it turns out that the only way we could get moved to a dedicated linux server where I would have root access was to have a second package going at the same time. And wait the indetermined amount of time until the servers become available again. So, I decided to try something different instead. Throughout the weekend I will be migrating us to a new virtual server (yay, root access).

The benefits of this are twofold:
A) Root access (can do more ^_^)
B) CHEAPER!
C) NO MORE CRAZY NUMBERS FOR FTP ACCOUNTS! (PM/IM me with your desired username and password (or you can have my randomly generate you a password))

The downside of this is we are limited to 20GB of drive space. This INCLUDES the OS files, but we aren't in any danger of hitting that limit right now.

I'll let you know its going as I move sites.

As we speak right now, I am waiting for the DNS to transfer and update for the joint Sajuuk-Zanaikin (he's Aorii on the blog) blog at . The files have already been moved as well as the database for it, and I've tested it using another domain I transferred to that server earlier.

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:47 am

FORUM AND PROFILER MIGRATION HAS BEEN COMPLETED!

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General Discussions”