Shigeru (Sajuuk's New (Old) Character)

Moderator: Zanaikin

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Shigeru (Sajuuk's New (Old) Character)

Postby Sajuuk » Sat May 28, 2011 3:14 am

[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

GM Notes

Postby Zanaikin » Sat May 28, 2011 3:38 am

Traits:
Exile Survivor: You receive a +2 trait bonus on saving throws vs fear, diseases, and poisons. You also receive a +2 trait bonus to initiative checks. (This replaces a starting trait).

Perfected for Use: You receive a +1 trait bonus to attack when using a masterwork weapon you made yourself, and reduce the armor check penalty of masterwork armor you made yourself by an additional 1.

Master Pyrochemist: Whenever you deal fire damage via non-magical means, you inflict +1 damage per damage die, and any saving throw DCs for reducing damage, avoiding being set on fire, and putting out the fire increases by +2.

Reputation +3 (Honorable): You gain +4 bonus to Diplomacy and Leadership scores, and +2 to Intimidate (as well as saving throw DCs of fear inducing effects).

Titles:
Architect: When taking an active Perception check (normally a move action) to detect or examine any structure or passage, such as identifying the entry to a secret passage or looking for structural weaknesses to take advantage of, you may activate this title to either receive a +8 bonus on both the Perception and Knowledge[Engineering] check, or to perform it as a free action. This bonus does not stack with those of hero points.

Inventor: Upon activating this title, you may use a known invention you have attempted before without using a hero point.

Castlecrasher: When assaulting any fortification, you may boldly announce your name and intent as a move action. All enemy garrison troops within 30ft must make a will save (10 + 1/2 [character level + charisma modifier]) or become shaken. This is a fear effect; enemies who succeed on the save become immune to this effect for 24hrs.

Inventions:
Tera Bomb: A massive bomb package created by grouping at least four bombs together, triggered either though a delay mechanism (e.g. Delayed Bomb) or by tossing another bomb in. A tera bomb deals the full damage of all bombs combined to anyone caught within 5ft and splash damage to up to double the bomb's usual radius (10ft, or 20ft for explosive bomb). When using a mixture of multiple bombs, certain damage types may cancel out one another (e.g. cold vs fire), and any direct hit status effects inflicted by bombs will on apply to the 5ft radius if at least four bombs were made similarly. Those caught in the blast receives a reflex save (DC = normal bomb DC + 2; +4 with at least 8 bombs).

Water Bomb: You mix and toss a chemical catalyst bomb that creates large quantities of water upon impact. The water bomb creates 2 gallons of water per class level and inflicts 1d4 points of non-lethal bludgeoning damage, plus 1d4 points of non-lethal bludgeoning damage for every odd-numbered level, instead of 1d6. The target must also make a Reflex save or be knocked prone. Water bombs drenches creatures and objects within splash range but does not otherwise deal any damage.

Bottled Ally I: See Alchemist Preservationist archetype [Pf:UM]
Bottled Ally II

Alchemist Discoveries: Force Bomb
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Sajuuk
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Re: Shigeru (Sajuuk's New (Old) Character)

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:42 am

Skills done, working on Spragyric Devices which will impact feats and discoveries. I might burn a feat for Extra Discovery to take Esoteric Studies again for another 2 spells that I can make devices out of.

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:57 am

Updated Spragyric Devices again, forgot about my armor. Off to movie, will update again later.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:11 am

1. Since I'm using pathfinder, you can use Craft(alchemy) to make poisons fine. No need for second skill.
2. Why do you still care which skills are "class skills"? =p you're kinda limiting yourself here.
3. Where's alchemic quiver from?
4. Given the low equip nature of the campaign and the fact double-slot use isn't really a penalty, I'd rule that your spagyric device's limits is equal to a level 3/4th your current. Meaning you'd have devices as a 5th lvl char, and a lvl20 alchemist would get devices as per lvl15 on chart. (forewarning, this might get decreased more in the future if I feel it's still too much).
5. Using devices to create armor/shields is a guaranteed way of losing that AC bonus the first time you get hit. Remember at lvl7, your devices have a hardness of 3... even darkwood can cut that like butter, let alone steel.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:04 am

1. Noted. :|
2. Don't ask, its just the way I build characters. :|
3. Alchemical Quiver was a custom item in my compendium, but its a moot point since there's no way in the Nine Hells I can afford it anymore now that I've been nerfed to 3500GP worth of spragyric devices. :evil:
4. ... :hulk:
5. Similar to point 3, this is a moot point since there's no way in the Nine Hells I can afford it anymore now that I've been nerfed to 3500GP worth of spragyric devices. :evil:

FYI: At this point I'm considering dropping spragyric devices and just getting mutagens. One of the reasons I didn't go mutagen to start is that it is GAME BREAKING using your rules (even with the natural armor being removed).

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:12 am

Updated for nerfs/other. Remembered that Launch Item is a 0 level spell, changed price on Alchemical Cannon accordingly.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:01 pm

Well, I did warn you before I was going to nerf Spagyric Devices, mainly as 7000+gps of "free magical equip", however fragile, is crazy when most of the party starts with only ~1500gps of equipment. That being said, I highly recommend Spagyric Devices be used for out-of-combat utility goods, given the extreme ease they are destroyed during combat when exposed. The torch is pretty good, although I'm not sure how often it'd come in handy. Another idea is anything that helps contribute towards camp security (cause this will be an issue).

If you want, you can also take the Shaped Splash feat from Eb:ROE. It's normally halflings only, but don't care about that here. That and Splash Weapon Mastery from adventurer's armory are the two best bomb-tossing feats, imo.

and mutagens aren't really broken in the system, so don't hesitate to switch if you want =P (the nat AC bonus is obviously gone, but I haven't thought of anything to trade back in).
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:04 pm

Grenadier from PHB2 isn't glorious, but its not bad either.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:44 pm

Feats done, spragyric devices might as well be done (only got 160 GP left to work with on them)

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:59 pm

sheet prototype at bottom of opening post

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:46 pm

Oh you don't have to follow my format. Frankly whatever format make you run the character fastest works for me (since slowdowns are always a big issue in my games) xD
|

()

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:14 am

Finally picked the last discovery (Smoke Bomb).

Traits will be picked tomorrow.

Gear will be finished tomorrow.

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:57 am

gear update coming sometime tomorrow/today/whatever/*falls asleep on keyboard*

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:25 pm

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Characters”