Yuuta Rokuro (Laharl's Character)

Moderator: Zanaikin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Yuuta Rokuro (Laharl's Character)

Postby Laharl » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:48 pm

8/18: Calculated gold, spent a ton on crafting requests
8/12: Level up!
1/8: Level up!
9/18: Level up! Replaced Know[nature] with Bluff, as well.
8/4: Level up!
8:15 PDT 8/2: New Title!
12:45 PDT 6/12: Now fully Pathfinderized.
9:20 PDT 6/11: Now Pathfinderized, with mundane equips and traits left. Will wait on PRD coming back up.
1:00 EST 1/6: Now levelled.
10:00 EST 1/6: Now with a last name! Needs to be levelled up.
10:00 EST 12/29: Second draft, but with bugfixes!
9:45 EST 12/29: Second draft, now with basic equipment, spells, and maneuvers.
5:45 EST 12/26: First draft. Needs equipment, spells, maneuvers, a name, and a more fleshed-out backstory.

Yuuta Rokuro
Male Human Rogue 13
STR 13=12+1level
CON 14=12+2level 10
DEX 19=15+2level+2human
INT 12
WIS 13=12+1level
CHA 12
Hero Points: 2/4

HP: 81/91
AC: 32 = 10+7BDB+9Dex+5armor+1dodge
DR: 2/-, 2/piercing
Touch: 27
FF: 22
Init: +11
CMB/CMD: +11/34
Fort: +8 = 4base+4Con+1trait
Ref: +17 = 8base+9Dex
Will: +7 = 4base+3Wis

Skills:
Perception +18 =13ranks+3Wis+2competence
Survival +16 =13ranks+3Wis [+5 on tracking]
Heal +17 = 14ranks+3Wis
Stealth +27 = 13ranks+9Dex+5comp
Acrobatics +30 = 13ranks+9Dex+6SF+2comp
Knowledge[arcana] +17 =13ranks+2Int+2comp
Spellcraft +17 = 13ranks+2Int+2comp
Bluff +20 = 13ranks+2Cha+5comp
Escape Artist +22 = 13ranks+9Dex
Use Magic Device +15 = 13ranks+2Cha
Intimidate +8=0ranks+2Cha+2circumstance+4trait

+20 Keishoushin, 3d6+7, 19-20/x2
+19 dagger, 3d4+4, 12-20/x2
+18 shortbow, 3d6+2, 70', x3

Feats:
Hu: Weapon Finesse
1HD: Dodge
3HD: Mobility
5HD: SF[Acrobatics]
7HD: Arcane Armor Training
9HD: Improved Alacrity
11HD: Greater Alacrity
13HD: Defensive Combat Training
Talent: Spring Attack

Rogue Abilities:
Sneak Attack +7d6
Evasion

Rogue Talents:
Offensive Defense (+1 dodge AC/sneak die for 1 round when I sneak)
Melee Sniper's Eye (use sneak on less than total concealment)
Fast Movement (+10ft)
Fast Stealth (move at full speed with Stealth)
Combat Trick (Spring Attack)
Uncanny Dodge
Rumormonger (for trap sense): Spread rumors (see PRD, UC, Class Archetypes)
Improved Evasion

Scout Archetype Abilities:
Track (for trapfinding/trap sense) - +1/2 level to track, can move at full speed
Scout's Charge - free sneak on charges against people with no Uncanny Dodge
Skirmisher - free sneak if I move > 10' on first attack against people with no Uncanny Dodge

Spells Per Day: (CL 3, DC 12+level): INF/6/5/3
Spells Known: 7/4+1/2+1/1
Cantrips: Light, Read Magic, Message, Detect Magic
1st: CLW, Obscuring Mist, Identify, Remove Sickness, Ray of Enfeeblement
2nd: See Invisibility, Web, Glitterdust
3rd: Tongues, Heroism

Languages:
Common

Traits:
Exile Survivor: You receive a +2 trait bonus on saving throws vs fear, diseases, and poisons. You also receive a +2 trait bonus to initiative checks.
Resilient: +1 Fort
Reputation +3 (Honorable): You gain +4 bonus to Diplomacy and Leadership scores, and +2 to Intimidate (as well as saving throw DCs of fear inducing effects).
Heroic: +1 hero point, +1 max hero points.

Title:
Vanguard: When you take your first attack against an enemy with lower initiative than you, you may activate this title to flat-footed them against the attack, even if they have already moved; all enemies within 60ft who see your attack also gain immunity to this title for 24hrs.

Keishoushin: +3 mithral shortsword
Umbral Edge: +2d6 damage in shadowy illumination or less
Embrace the Darkness: As Darkness, but a swift action. Can spend a second level slot to make it deeper darkness with duration 1min/Cha mod.
Lord of Shadows: +5' reach (not threaten) while Embrace the Darkness is active, and only against targets inside its radius.

Equipment:
Masterwork shortsword, 310GP
+1 dagger, loot
+1 Composite +1 shortbow, 75GP
20 arrows, 1GP
Bedroll, 1SP
50' hempen rope, 1GP
Grappling hook, 1GP
Spell component pouch, 5GP
Black oni helmet
+2 black oni shadowblend [20% concealment in shadowy or greater illumination] leather armor
Ring of Avoidance (3/day, get +20 shield AC until start of next turn as a standard action)
Healing Belt
Ring of Communication
Lesser Crystal of Shadows - Emanates 5' darkness effect
Keishoushin, +3 Mithral shortsword (minor artifact)
Headband of Perception +2
Amulet of Tears [3 charges/day, swift action for 12 temp HP/day for 10min]
Scout's Headband
+1 Buckler
Mwk Infiltrator Outfit (+3 stealth in shadow)
Dispelling Cord [MIC]
Ring of Silent Spells [MIC]
Mwk Leather Scale
Mwk Heavy Crossbow w/ Mwk Scope
Scout's Headband [MIC]
Deepcover Cloak (+5Bluff/Stealth)
Mwk Acrobat's Shoes [+2 Acrobatics]
Camouflage Kit
Disguise Kit
Least Crystal of Shadows (5ft shadowy darkness; 400gps)
Vial of Deathblade Poison (Injury)(DC30: 1/rnd for 12rnds; 1d3 Con dmg (2saves); Sticky (10hits)
[Goggles of Night (UE227) with Ebon Eyes, 60' darkvision and see naturally in natural/magical darkness (doesn't work if I couldn't see without it), ignore concealment for < total darkness]
[Gloves of Dex +2]
4034GP, 7CP

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: Dave's Character

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:13 pm

GM's notes/additions:

Curse: Soul Fragment
Description: A youkai soul fragment is insert into your body to enhance your magical abilities. However, your character develops DID (Dissociative Identity Disorder) and gains a second identity which is obedient to the wishes of the youkai who granted you power. Although you were not originally aware of this, you eventually began to realize that another self was taking actions for you, actions which obviously holds little if any regard for morals. You retain the main personality of this body, and your other self is limited to roughly 1 hour per day, but he also seems to be able to bank time (up to 24 hours) by staying dormant for long periods of time. The switch can happen whenever you're either asleep, unconscious, or in a state of shock.
Benefits: You may cast sorcerer spells as if you were a sorcerer of half your character level, except from the witch spell-list. Furthermore, although you do not have access to the arcane knowledge of your other self, his memories seems to subconsciously help you, granting a +2 insight bonus to Knowledge[Arcana], Knowledge[History], and Spellcraft; these bonuses increase to +4 if you have 10 or more ranks in the skill. Lastly, you receive a +2 bonus to Charisma for the purpose of determining spell DCs and bonus spells gained through this curse.

Traits:
Exile Survivor: You receive a +2 trait bonus on saving throws vs fear, diseases, and poisons. You also receive a +2 trait bonus to initiative checks. (This replaces a starting trait).

Heroic: Your maximum number of hero points increases by 1.

Reputation +3 (Honorable): You gain +4 bonus to Diplomacy and Leadership scores, and +2 to Intimidate (as well as saving throw DCs of fear inducing effects).

Titles:
Vanguard: When you take your first attack against an enemy with lower initiative than you, you may activate this title to flat-footed them against the attack, even if they have already moved; all enemies within 60ft who see your attack also gain immunity to this title for 24hrs.

Castlecrasher: When assaulting any fortification, you may boldly announce your name and intent as a move action. All enemy garrison troops within 30ft must make a will save (10 + 1/2 [character level + charisma modifier]) or become shaken. This is a fear effect; enemies who succeed on the save become immune to this effect for 24hrs.

Equips:
Black Oni Helmet: +2 circumstantial to intimidate

Active Curses:
Major Curse (CL12): 75% chance of failure when casting any spell with a target other than yourself or your own equipment.
Mark of Justice (CL12): marked on the back of the right hand; activated if you attempt to attack a member of the exiles via magic or attempt to break the curse: -6 caster level when casting spells.
Mark of Justice (CL12): marked on the back of the left hand; activated if you attempt to attack a member of the exiles: -4 attack rolls, saves, ability & skill checks.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Laharl

Re: Dave's Character

Postby Laharl » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:09 pm

Have a draft backstory:

Yuuta was an ornery child, even before adolescence. He was known for tormenting the girls with lizards and insects, the occasional practical joke, and general misbehavior. Combine this with academic underachievement and a disdain for farming, when he even bothered to go to class rather than goofing off, and it was clear that the army was the only place for him. Unfortunately, he found himself out on his ear after basic training, leaving him with nowhere to go but home. Unfortunately, Kaz and Horaki, his parents, were having troubles running their small shop, making an unruly teenager the last thing they needed to feed. At this time, Yuuta had also taken interest in one of the girls he used to torment, Mai Chouko, but she was not particularly interested, for fairly obvious reasons. After rejecting several advances, Mai finally told Yuuta to get lost unless he had a steady job and a house of his own.

Unfortunately for her, Yuuta took that as a challenge and actually started shaping up. While he never managed to hold down a steady full-time job, he worked a number of part time jobs: chopping wood, acting as a gofer for about five different people at any given time, hauling ore, and even helping out at his parents' shop. He even managed to squeeze in time to clean up his behavior somewhat, or at least enough that Mai would actually give him the time of day if he asked. Not that he did for five years, but it's the thought that counts. Yuuta managed to scrape together enough money and time to build a small hut on the outskirts of town. Eventually, she gave in and they were married. Money was always tight, but Mai and Yuuta came to love each other, even if meals were slim and furnishings spartan. Three years after they were married, Mai became pregnant. Shortly after their daughter Mikoto was born, Yuuta realized that his part-time jobs just couldn't bring in enough money to feed their family. He was too old to be apprenticed, so attempting a second stint in the army was really the only legal option.

Yuuta's second stint in the army went considerably better than his first. He survived training and eventually even got promoted to sergeant after three fairly uneventful years of frontier patrols and dispatching moderately dangerous wild beasts. Shortly after, his lord went to war with a neighboring lord, and Yuuta's squad was among those sent to war. Yuuta lost some members of his squad, but generally fought well. Three months into the war, Yuuta's squad was picked for a dangerous infiltration mission to take out some enemy catapults. The higher-ups promised promised reinforcements to help extract the squad. Unfortunately, when the critical moment arrived, the reinforcements didn't. Yuuta and the squad had to cover three miles of enemy terrain while dodging enemy patrols. After two harrowing days spent crouching in the rainy muck, Yuuta and two others managed to make it back. There had been a coup while they were gone, and the enemy, observing the resulting chaos, attacked, tying up the promised reinforcements. Embittered, Yuuta left the military and went to visit his family.

When he arrived, he learned that there had been an outbreak of dysentery. Mikoto was dead already and Mai was gravely ill. Yuuta didn't have enough money left to pay the healer, who was beginning to feel ill anyway. Yuuta's mind cast desperately around for ways to save his wife's life. Nothing came to mind...until a forbidden glade in the nearby forests rumored to contain youkai entered his thoughts. Seizing upon this impossible hope, he fled into the forest, searching for the glade. Breathless, muscles burning, he finally sprinted into it, and was met by a large man in armor? horned demon? both? Yuuta tried to catch his breath and focus on the figure, when a voice resounded inside his head. "Dost thou desire the Power?" Yuuta blinked, confused, before starting to babble about saving his wife. The voice cut him off, again asking "Dost thou desire the Power?" Yuuta paused and nodded frantically.

"Then thou shalt have the Power," a stentorian voice echoed through the trees, as a heatless blue fire burned in Yuuta's mind, and then everything went black. When he awoke, there was a mark on his left hand, but he could feel a power within him that he never had before. Drawing on it, he found himself able to do things like shoot arcane bullets and make objects glow. Excited, he sprinted back to Mai in hopes of using this new power to save her. When Yuuta reached Mai, he started drawing on this power and channeling it into her. Unfortunately, he was untrained enough that his shoddy attempts at healing had little effect. Or Mai was already dead. With how rushed Yuuta was, there's really no way to know. The essential result, however, is that Mai was dead. Yuuta let out a wail of grief, attracting one of his neighbors to the hut. The neighbor saw the curse mark and saw Mai dead, and hurriedly ran back out the door after muttering a few pleasantries.

About twenty minutes later, the sound of many feet coming towards his hut snapped Yuuta out of his reverie, and he realized what was happening. He fled, leaving the bodies of his wife and daughter unburied. He spent the next six months working his way south while avoiding pursuit, trying to make it to the border and into some caves he found during the war. He made it to the caves and spent five years eking out a life as a highwayman. During this time, there began to be some blank spots in Yuuta's memory: odd pieces of meat would appear, cooked, in the cave with some bits of clothing, he'd come across a carriage and then everyone else would be dead, etc. Eventually, Yuuta managed to figure out a bit of what was going on. A second personality now lived in his head, one that was murderous and obeyed no tenets of human civilization. At this realization, Yuuta attempted to meditate and contact the other personality, but had very little success. Once, he thought he heard a voice telling him to "go away and leave me alone," but was unable to get anything else.

Shortly after this unsuccessful contact attempt, a patrol managed to find the caves, calling for the cursed murderer to come out. Yuuta wasn't sure what they meant, until he realized that the other personality must have snuck out and massacred a town or something. He decided to try and cut a deal, saying he'd come out if they'd listen to his story. Surprisingly, they agreed and after a truth spell was applied, Yuuta was banished to Shikoku rather than executed.

While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Re: Yuuta Rokuro (Laharl's Character)

Postby Sajuuk » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:49 pm

Dave, you should drop Heal and grab Disable Device. It makes more sense for you to have Disable Device than for me to have it, since I have no Perception at all. I've also got Heal covered after gear is factored in.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:00 am

Something I didn't notice before:
You can't use Bleeding Attack and Offensive Defense at the same time, since only one sneak-attack-boosting talent may be applied at a time. So you can reselect one of those right now if you want.

Also, since you replaced Uncanny Dodge / Improved with scout features, you can regain them one at a time as advanced talents once you get above lvl10.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:20 am

Boooo. I took +10' movement, as you'd mentioned during chargen I could do that.

I definitely like the idea of getting (I)UD back at higher levels...

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:45 am

Yeah, but write Fast Movement +10ft down, since that's the official name of those abilities x)
|

()

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:09 am

Levelled up. +1 Dex, took Uncanny Dodge as my rogue talent. I was thoroughly unimpressed with Ultimate Combat for rogues that don't have Bluff ranks, to be honest.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:09 am

have you considered rebuilding with bluff, or that something you don't want with this character? Feint does work pretty well with blindside.
combat wise, I thought UC's knifemaster was pretty good, with that sneakstab and all, and the underhanded talent is probably the most powerful combat-opener ability I've seen yet.
|

()

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:49 am

Sneak stab is decent, but I don't want to lock myself into a weapon type in your game. That just seems like a bad idea. As for Bluff, Yuuta's not really charismatic - though unlike most of my characters, he wouldn't have Easy to Read.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:50 pm

Updated Yuuta's curse; take off the Silent Spell feat that you're unlike to ever use anyways--- you now receive a +2 bonus to Charisma for the purpose of determining spell DCs and bonus spells gained through this curse.
|

()

Return to “Characters”