Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Character Discussions

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:31 am

|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Re: Character Discussions

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:05 am

The current concept I have is for a charismatic commander type. Imagine Derovarr as Blackguard.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:05 am

Okay guys, since I'd like to try start this game around the start of new year's if possible, please start coming up with character ideas and the kind of stuff you'd want (D&D examples help also) so I can get around to designing what I can in time. I don't want to press on anyone whose in finals, but since this doesn't require detailing (just brainstorming) it shouldn't be time-consuming...

Remember it's a sandbox game that'll involve much roleplaying, so make sure when brainstorming character concepts that it's someone you'd enjoy playing (rather than just a good set of mechanics combos)--- especially if you can't build them well with traditional D&D mechanics.

Also as some of you noticed, basic character creation information has been added to the top post...
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:16 pm

My current concept is clearly not ninja since ninjas would never post that they are a ninja and are clearly never seen.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:34 pm

as accounting for things individually is too problematic, everyone, consider yourself to have a starting wealth score equal to 4 + character level
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:34 pm

Dave, Judson: both of you get another starting level; thanks for the work on the backstories, especially to Judson (you pretty much have a huge personal quest laid out for me already ^o^)

Marty: label your masterwork bonus on items please. Consider you get the following as (free) heirloom items from adoptive parent:
Mwk+1 Studded Leather, Mwk+2 Dagger (x6), Mwk+1 Padded Shoes, Mwk+1 Spyglass, Mwk+1 Artisan's Tools(Medicinemaking), Mwk+1 Artisan's Tools(Poisonmaking), and Mwk+2 Healer's Kit
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:06 pm

Starting EXP levels:
Marty: 80,000
Dave: 100,000
Drew + Judson: 140,000
|

()

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Sat May 28, 2011 8:59 am

Questions:
1. Since 3.5 feats are available, can I use a feat to be able to use the 3.5 version of Combat Expertise?
2. Feats that have Power Attack no longer have that prerequisite, right?
3. How will my curse change with the update?
4. Does a Lucerne Hammer have the Sunder quality?
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Sajuuk
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sat May 28, 2011 12:24 pm

Since I don't think Dai will be posting until Monday (he has no internets at his new place), I'll jump in with my 2 SP:
1. Dunno, ask Dai
2. Considering we get power attack effectively for free, I'd say so
3. I've got a hunch your curse is either going to be nerfed or removed entirely.
4. I'd imagine it does, going by the fact that it already was getting a bonus to Sunder in 3.5.

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue May 31, 2011 1:32 pm

Judson:
1. No. Since I'm handing out CExp as a free feat, it has to be standardized.
2. Yes. Since Power Attack is now free. Technically you can pop it into your feat list as a free just to remind =P
3. Bonuses stay same more or less. Instead of draining MP from you, you'll be taking CON damage each day you don't get enough blood. Will write it up proper later.
4. Yes

I should be able to get internet this upcoming weekend, lest Comcast gives me more problems...

Marty:
--- Remember that Ultimate Magic introduced the INT/WIS/CHA version of mutagen which you can replace the physical ability boosters... although spagyric is still cooler I guess xD
--- Rockets will be 20'/increment, not 20' total. I'm pretty sure they typoed. As per gunpowder weapon, it has a max range of 5 incres.
|

()

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Tue May 31, 2011 5:03 pm

I considered using the Cognatagen version of Mutagens from UM, but I still don't like the concept. Now, if I was going more for a close combat role, I'd totally be going into Master Chymst, but I'm shooting more for support via bombs/rockets, poisons, and other alchemical goodies. And of course, Spagyric Devices. Right now I'm thinking Elf, since Fiendblood doesn't lend itself well to alchemists IMO.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue May 31, 2011 6:53 pm

Pretty sure fiendblooded goes well with everything except divine casters =P
|

()

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Tue May 31, 2011 7:03 pm

No DEX boost. Also, Elf gives better profs for ranged support (AKA Longbow).

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:40 am

Question: Does Armor max dex bonus change from the original pathfinder? I've noticed that since Dex bonuses are twice as high as in the original system, Max Dex is a pretty severe constraint even to an only moderately dexterous character.
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:00 pm

clarified with rules update:

ARMOR AC [Change]: Your Armor bonus to AC halves (rounded down). However, you now gain Damage Reduction equal to your original Armor AC bonus. Half this bonus (rounded down) is DR/-, while the other half (rounded up) is DR/piercing. For example, a character wearing +2 Studded Leather armor, which normally grants +5 armor (3base, 2enh), instead grants +3 Armor AC (1base, 2enh), +3 DR/-, and +2 DR/piercing (each enhancement grade increases AC & DR/-). This affects only base armor bonuses from armor, not additional bonuses from class abilities (e.g. Armor Training) and enhancement.
DEXTERITY AC [Change]: Maximum Dexterity bonus to AC limited by armor is doubled.
|

()

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Characters”