Custom News

Moderator: Zanaikin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Custom News

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:48 pm

For talking about custom material, especially when I post something new...
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Re: Custom News

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:03 pm

Note: I've been thinking about developing the magitech spell category, but due to a lack of time haven't bothered =9

The gist of it is, magitech spells are some extremely high powered spells (on the power scale of artifact spells) but also harder to learn than usual. They rely on manipulating/creation/control of more powerful forces than the basic elemental ones.
Unlocking magitech spells for learning requires a feat for each category (see below)
Learning magitech spells ranks in knowledge (physical sciences), probably somewhere around 3 + 3 x spell level (or just 3xSL since we're dealing with pathfinder)
Using magitech spells require a high DC spellcraft check (around the scale of Incantantrix class abilities)

a few categories thus far:
plasma - two ways of approach, via [fire] or via [electricity], with one feat for each one, typically blasting spells
electromagnetics - focuses mostly on the magnetic induction fields, mostly of moving things about with much higher efficiency than telekinesis
electronics - focuses mostly on the electric currents, stuff like EMP and recharge spells go under here
etc.

if anyone has genuine interest tell me [shrug], cause I'm not even sure if any of the PCs have spare ranks/feats for that.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:47 pm

|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:30 pm

updated the Tactician class, some changes to Battle Preparation mechanics (DC30+10x, limited by Strategic Guidance bonus), and changed Field Counter to Alpha Priority (which probably still needs some balancing)

suggestions are welcomed.
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun May 03, 2009 6:28 pm

posted Magitech Spell Training and Conduit Spell in the feats list.

Conduit spell is probably also one of the most important metamagic in the Imperial magitech base (wide-area magitech effects like the Starwarp Drive all depend on it), and hence causing electric currents to be the most common of the magitech disciplines.
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue May 05, 2009 2:00 am

added Penetrating Spell to feat list.
|

()

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Thu May 07, 2009 6:06 pm

Dai, might I recommend calling your Magelord PrC Mage Lord to differentiate it from the Magelord in Lost Empires of Faerun? Particularly since your class strikes me as a Noble // Mage class.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu May 07, 2009 8:07 pm

does anyone actually use the Faerun magelord prc? cause I never saw a use for it [shrug]
|

()

Laharl
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Fri May 08, 2009 4:21 pm

The prereqs are a little onerous, but it's not a bad class at all. I just think Mage Lord is a better term for an aristocratic mage than Magelord, really.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:36 pm

Dave/Drew: modified the Imperial Knights' Assault Plate enhancement from +3 to +1 Invulnerability [custom ver.]. I figure they'll need that damage-absorber more than +2 AC & +2 DR
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:12 pm

made a change to Expert's Skill Boost ability, if you have levels in that, please modify:
Skill Boost: At level one you may select one of the following two abilities: either you may add their intelligence modifier or wisdom modifier (whichever is higher) to all skill checks, up to a maximum equal to half their class level (rounded up); or you may select a single class skill, to which you may add your class levels as a bonus. Once this choice is made, it cannot be switched.
|

()

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:46 am

i've gone with the INT to all skills for all the expert's i've made so far, but I think they all have at least 8 levels in it so I think i'm safe. shall check tomorrow night after I get back to the mountains.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:57 pm

since I proposed & discussed the same thing with Marty

psicraft is now merged into Knowledge (psionics)
spellcraft is now merged into Knowlege (arcana)

have fun with your extra skill points
|

()

Return to “Customs”