Planning Discussions

Moderator: Zanaikin

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: Planning Discussions

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:55 pm

I'll keep the imperial side regions in mind and work on it when I got time, as well as probably need to talk to you directly later =9

but as far as characters go, I think we all have enough custom-campaign experience to realize it tends to build along the campaign's progression as few DMs design the whole world in full before the start of the campaign.

I was talking more about char stats to get a rush on =9
not to mention the list of tech stuff, which as I've mentioned before, takes considerable brainstorming since it involves more than just looking through lists.

But as far as it goes dave, yeah Empire from the Ashes is a good way to starting looking at it =9.
As far as social structure goes (frankly I thought you already knew, but [shrug]), it's basically a citizen soldier system (think Starship Troopers, although there are more ways of becoming citizen than just military service, although military is probably the most common way) combined with a semi-military-aristocracy. I'll post a bit on the nobility later, but it's built off a more extreme version of the Chinese system (where nobles lose rank each generation) combined with Crest/Banner's system (nobles must press service to inherit titles). Nobility do not have direct political power (fk the house of lords, fk them), their titles mainly grant a lot of economic power - basically local taxation control.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:49 am

List of gear that I would be interested in. Just give me a basic level of whether its feasible or not and how effective it could be, then we can decide what I really need and we can flesh out the stats.

-Field Legion Melee weapon: Plasma-Sheathed Vibration Blade like the one Teodor used, or have they been upgraded since Penthiae?
-Field Legion sidearm: one-handed. Plasma pistol? Rail pistol?
-Shield: Takes up off hand, contains extra power packs that link to the bearer's EMSG for additional protection before recharge is needed. Possibly also incorporates a physical shield for melee combat or a build-in sidearm/blade.
-Power Armor! Possibly with an integrated miniature grenade launcher. Hopefully with some sort of disguise/camouflage/invisibility capability
-EMP Grenade- For disabling vehicles/shields/power armor
-Oxygen rebreather: Possibly magical components, maybe with bacteria that convert CO2 to oxygen. Given the presence of air-blocking, life-saving shields, I expect that the Imperium has made great strides in developing, miniaturizing, and mass-producing these
-Grenades- Gravitic/Sonic Pulse, Stun
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:45 am

|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:19 am

|

()

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:30 am

Ahmet, during his studies of Chroma, will begin searching for any information he can get on Chroman military hardware. Although current hardware is probably classified and secret, specifics for the equipment of a couple decades ago, general information on current hardware, and rumors/leaks about experimental projects should give him some idea of the general power of Chroman military units.

Specifically, a general idea of their speed and firepower in relation to Imperial units would be a top priority to uncover.
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:27 am

Information on exact details of Chromian hardware is kind of rough with a lot of speculations. Once again, this goes into the limited data collection due to not actually having anything on the planet.

The general knowledge goes under this :

Doctrine
The general Chromian military is organized by centering mechanized infantry (especially powered infantry) around airship fleets or local defenses. Chromian Air Cruisers dominate the skies and form their primary battle line. These ships have heavy railgun broadsides, and most models carry a small complement of strike craft onboard. Assault transport skyships follow in their wake, carrying large numbers of infantry-shuttles and ready to drop into either fortifications or urban areas. Basically, combat on Chroma is typically defined by either fleets shooting at each other to gain control of airspace, or one side besieging the city or fortified base of another.
Due to the drastic differences in military structural doctrine, it's rather hard to make a direct comparison between Chromian and Imperial military performance.

Chromian sky cruisers aren't fast or maneuverable at all (their speed is slightly slower than Imperial command landships). However they are heavily armored, shielded, and their heavy shipboard railguns pack a lot of long-range firepower. Railguns have FAR more range than plasma weapons, and roughly the same as Imperial light HVMs and artillery. Only medium and heavy HVMs (like those carried by Langskips & Assault Barges) can decisively beat Chromian firing range. This means in once in artillery/railgun range, the Chromians can bring about a higher ratio of fire availability to bear. Thankfully, Chromian railgun's lower projectile speeds means they pack less power than Imperial HVMs, although this is made up by their larger guns. Of course, both sides' cruise missiles exceed tactical engagement ranges, and how they affect the battlefield really depends on their use cases (sending in a fusion head will ruin anyone's day).

Weapon Types
The primary weapon systems in Chroma goes under Railguns (electromagnetic, not gravitic), Missiles, and Lasers. Railguns are used as their primary offensive weapon for both heavy and light units. Missiles are used only as extra-long-range weapons (e.g. ICBMs, Heavy Cruise Missiles, and Orbital Defense Missiles) and strategic countermeasures (anti-ICBM). Point-defense is handled by a combination of lasers and light-railguns (most commonly tribarrels, similar to a modern day vulcan).

Defenses
Since their primary armament is railguns which are rather hard to intercept, the Chromians have a relatively light point-defense density (compared to Imperial doctrine at least) which is mostly aimed at dealing with cruise missiles, strike craft, and aerial infantry. Combined with their lower computation technology, Tactical expects their PD to react around 15-30% slower with corresponding decrease in effectiveness.
Chromian EW is estimated to be about 10-20% behind that of Imperial EW.
Chromian Shields however is their trump card in defenses. Their incarnum shield bubbles have greater strength (stopping power) than Imperial shields, and they have virtually limitless endurance. The only downside is that Chromian shields are also far more expensive.
Unlike Chromian-melee-weapons, their vehicular armor is NOT made with the expensive incarnum-steel. They have diamondsteel, but at a lower grade than what the Imperials use so it won't be as effective. However, their doctrine in using aerial ships means they can pack a much higher armor ratio.

Projects
There isn't a major emphasis on technological development on Chroma, and the two tech-savvy nations are also two rather peaceful ones (Valette/Mercure and Delral&Faerskor).
Mercure weapon emphasis is on magitech weapons, which is becoming rather hard to classify, although it is known the Magi Line and a number of other Mercure weapon-platforms / defenses are built via light-based weaponry, and not exactly lasers since they merely condense light but doesn't restrict frequencies (tactical refers them more as 'Prism' weapons). Like other light-based weapons their precision and range is phenomenal. One would expect their performance to drastically drop at night as they must rely on stored-light and moonlight, but that's not exactly known.
D&F simply haven't used their Incarnum Juggernauts in too long to really know what they're capable of... but since they're mechs (and several multitudes larger than METAACs) they'll be expected to have high adaptability based on the battle circumstances.
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:39 am

|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:48 pm

|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:44 pm

map updated

changed the Asa to Asagami (the name's more fitting actually), not to be confused with Asakura house.
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:16 pm

added a bit of info on two more clans: Falnese and Linghu
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:59 pm

updated custom arms post
updated the Avenger class halberd (inertial booster just got more complicated [suggest precalculate damage bonuses], but it can get heavy enough to start smashing vehicle armor)
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:22 am

reminder that your diplomacy/negotiation plan with the Kochikaze is due this week, this includes but is not limited to: an abstract (could just use bullet list for simplicity) of the points you wish to make, your proposals, offers, and demands (keep in mind all 4 major factors - technology, social, political, and military ), how and where you want to begin the negotiations, how many representatives on each side, etc etc.

Make one diplomacy check and one sense motive check for EACH point you make. As the negotiation table is the diplomats' battlefield, you may not take 10 unless you have the appropriate skill mastery. You may use aid other to build up your position, although your opponent will certainly do the same if you do (in contrast to one person being the speaker and the rest just there to provide info support =9). If you want any NPCs to come and help out, just name them and I'll be attaching their aid others to the totals...

If you wish to do any special preparations and/or security measures, make sure to note them as well.
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:49 pm

added the Shokaku class Sky Cruiser

tremble in fear of its oversized guns! xD
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:39 pm

instead of marking adamantine/diamond damage type descriptors.
please indicate the hardness of any melee weapon on its damage-type descriptor (I may ask for this at certain times).
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:58 am

|

()

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Information”