Planning Discussions

Moderator: Zanaikin

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Re: Planning Discussions

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:50 pm

You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:29 pm

No you cannot aid other, that's makes no sense.
Telling someone you feel something is wrong requires you to make the darn check first. You may not collectively pool together the output of your five senses to generate a better reading <_<
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:27 pm

Some more freebie, sorta:

You receive 100 million Imperial Credits in funding (if you want to think in terms of gps, this is equal to 10 million) for campaign funding. This is extra gold in addition to all the normal military stuff (ammunition, supply, pay, etc). Basically, spend it as you will to accomplish your mission objectives.

Oh the Imperial (Cross Knights in particular) are very heavy on corruption if you decided you want to try... making a part of this funding vanish, or use it for questionable purposes.

On a matter of comparison, the average Imperial per-capita income is roughly 50,000 per year.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:06 am

Gabriel puts forth a formal request for a small committee of political officers and aids (5-10 in size) to help him manage diplomatic and negotiatory issues with initial negotiations with Kochikaze officials during the transition of power and with future nations.

Active Characters:

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:08 am

Sigmund does likewise for more administrative issues.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:13 am

reminder: when writing requests for things, the more detailed your are in what you want while keeping a decent range to make sure at least enough candidates fit under there, the more likely you are to get it. Reasons and plans for what you demand it for always helps.

your above requests have been rejected :P
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:23 am

Gabriel puts forth a +1 request for small committee of aids with experience in general politics and public relations (around ~10 in size). Additionally, he would request 1-2 more experienced persons who have demonstrated excellent negotiatory skills and a keen understanding of the art of propaganda.

Active Characters:

Laharl
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:30 am

Sigmund asks for administrators with some diplomatic experience, particularly any that helped integrate Penthiae into the Imperium, to handle interfacing with the lower-tier administrative members of the Kochikaze negotiation team.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:41 am

Because dependable and experienced civil administrator are still slightly lacking in Penthiae (some question if the Cross Knight went a bit too far in their 'purge' of incompetent officials, not to mention all those who died during the war), they had to do some makedo with your requests.

It should also be noted that since the Imperial began with the military and support personnel of a mere beta fleet base plus some the Arcanum Order refugees from Earth, they had virtually no civil administrators to begin with, and in the chaos after abandoning Earth, revealing the existence of magic, and the collapse of the Church tied up most of the administrators on Astraea. Penthiae was pretty much taken mostly with the aid of Penthiaens, and much exhaustive work on the part of the Emperor and the Knight-Grand-Cross.

You get:

9 Civil Servants w/ township or county departmental administrative experience (CR 6~9)

Balint Erico, Human Male NG CR11 (Expert 5/Politician 6//Evangelist 9/Radiant Servant 2) - An experienced evangelist and church relations officer from the city of Halihill, Balint once traveled in the central territories (former Fens) after the war to both help with the establishment of new public order and to convert the barbaric tribes, or at least attempt to.

Gadar Siegal, Human Male LN CR15 (Noble 8/Fighter 2/Knight Justiciar 5//Sorcerer 5/Knight Enforcer 7/Dracolexi 3) - Currently 61, Gadar is an officially retired Knight-Enforcer of Norinth who was a member of Gallagher Corshek's unit back during the Imperial takeover. He agreed to the commission only on a pure advising position (although he's willing to help with negotiations and training the younger ones), and only because the man has a hobby for traveling and sightseeing, and was quite interested in checking out Chroma.

Six of the aids, plus Balint, are currently have other duties which must take 1~3 months to full relinquish, until then they can only spend part of their day over on Chroma. Of the seven, only Balint could manage to take the time to come with the ships, the rest will be here on and off basis once the first teleportation gate is established.
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:59 pm

Note : Completed and approved character sheets due by 3/29 (if I don't give a date, you guys are never getting it done).

Mains are pretty much set obviously, free feel to modify cohorts before the due date (or until you use them ingame, whichever comes first)
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:39 pm

but, just a note: I will be giving bonus starting XP (up to halfway level-up) for good background stories, so feel free to work on them :D
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:55 pm

|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:22 pm

there are a few things I've discovered that no skill check, or even two to three skill checks, can manage... so I'm drafting a few things like the following.
at the same time, I realized that people are forgetting a critical skill: Profession, the link between Knowledge and practice, and a perfect way to symbolize experience in something. Make sure you talk to me before you put ranks in one to make sure it does something (that what is covers haven't already been so heavily robbed by other skills that it's useless, like Profession[negotiator] ).

this is still slightly tentative, but I'm far more likely to add than subtract:

Tactical Command Score =
Intelligence Modifier
+ Wisdom Modifier
+ Command Aura effectiveness (or effective command aura for Strategic Guidance)
+ 2 x Strategic Guidance effectiveness
+ Every 10 ranks in Knowledge (Local/Psychology)
+ Every 5 ranks in Knowledge (Tactics)
+ Every 5 ranks in Profession (Military Command)

Strategic Command Score:
Intelligence Modifier
+ Wisdom Modifier
+ Strategic Guidance effectiveness
+ Every 10 ranks in Knowledge (Local/Psychology)
+ Every 10 ranks in Knowledge (History)
+ Every 10 ranks in Knowledge (Nobility/Politics)
+ Every 10 ranks in Knowledge (Tactics)
+ Every 10 ranks in Profession (Military Command)

I'm not sure is strategic command score is actually needed, seeing as strategic decisions are usually made in-person by players [shrug].
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:55 pm

updated both 42nd and 77th brigades

EDIT: also, posted viewtopic.php?f=70&t=912&p=13528#p13528 in tactics discussion thread
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:46 am

news:

There will be "druids" in Chroma

I'll work on trimming a 6th lvl spellcasting Shugenja once I get around to it, access to the druid list rather than the unsupported Shugenja list.

Expect something like the Magus.
|

()

Return to “Information”