Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: Planning Discussions

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:13 am

|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:39 am

Spoilers on starting forces :

1 Field Legion Brigade (5,000 troops of ACR 8~10), including 2 Battle Barges ferrying the troops and an additional barge carrying enough construction equipment and materials to build a planetary base. (this will be either under the command of the PC who plays Field Legion commander, or an NPC, which I'd rather not do. If multiple PCs play a Field Legion commander you'll get more than 1 brigade).

1 Knight Squadron (~50 knights of ACR10~12) for each PC who's playing a knight commander (a lot less military force obviously, but the knights have far more political and diplomatic authority).

The 3rd Special Reconnaissance Company (~210 of ACR13) - A special elite commando unit. Although the unit doesn't have a very long history, its troops are mostly battle hardened elites with decades of experience. Although interestingly, this unit holds a Level 1 Classified Secret file which the PC-commanders will not have the authority to know (L1 is limited to only the highest levels of the government).

Also, not sure how she'll fit in yet, but you'll get her (probably just as a Platoon commander in the 3rd Recon company):
Captain Viviane Zanaikin, Human Half-Virtual Arvitor Female (Lvl11, ACR15): She's the daughter of Star Marshal Aoric Zanaikin and Aura Centurion Sylvanna Elinyreth, but was raised by the Royal family since her mother died after giving birth and her father has been in a chronic depression ever since. Being both an Arvitor and a Zanaikin, she has extremely powerful magical abilities with capable psionic powers. However, because the two supernatural forces are opposites and conflict with each other in her body, not to mention the passing down of her mother's magic taint, she has a very poor health. She's also a mute, and communicates either by telepathic means or through her Palmtop Computer. Her abilities are classified as a Level 2 Classified Secret (the highest level the PC-commanders will have access to, on a need-to-know basis).

Character starts:
Level: 16
Stat Scores: 32 point buy
Gear: Not sure exactly, but expect only to have only 50,000~75,000gps available for magic gear, while technology gear is handled on a by-organization and by-request basis. Members of the Knightly orders will receive some additional magic equipment signature to the other.
Cohort: each PC may start out with one lvl14 cohort, assuming you have enough leadership score for that. Your cohort should be of the same organization (if any) you're from, and will serving as your second-in-command. Furthermore, you cohort will also act as your back-up character (should your main character dies and prove impossible to resurrect).
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:19 pm

updated Incarnum of Chroma to give some more insight into the system involved...
|

()

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:20 pm

FYI Dai, Cohort level of 14 requires a Leadership score of 20. At level 16, that translates to either a CHA of 18 (Special Power, Great Renown, or Fairness and Generosity aside). And with a lack of magical gear, that might be a little harder for non-spellcasting builds to pull off.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:28 pm

Does Improved Cohort let us start with a level 15 cohort?

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:38 pm

well the only reason I'm putting a cap on the starting cohort lvl is because by my leadership rules, you can actually get a cohort higher lvl than you as long as you manage it through RP...
I guess everyone having a cohort starting lvl15 would be fine with me, assuming you have the leadership score for it. I'm going to be doing half your rank modifier (rather full rank mod) to leadership score, and you'll probably have a starting rank mod of 5~6.
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:51 am

posted latest version of Swordbonder
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:16 am

posted the unarmed combat swordsage

changed requirements for the Legionnaire a bit.
|

()

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:00 am

My interest has been piqued. Count me in.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:25 am

oh, and in case people are wondering, Item Familiars will require spellcasting caster level 10 and limited only to Imperials. Basically I only expect the knights to have them. At the same time, I toned their power down a LOT (shrug)
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:18 am

oh, and if anyone wants to enough, I'll also allow lesser vampires to be played.
They have same stats as vampire spawn (I don't actually use vampire spawn, and the full vampire template I reserve for noble-vampires and pure-bloods), except no domination ability; don't have to be evil, but blood is an addiction to vampires (works same way as drugs).
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:24 pm

Action point changes planned thus far. Notice that a lot of things were made far more expensive =p.

1AP:
• Boost any attack roll, saving throw, ability check, skill check, or saving throw DC for a single effect by rolling 1d6 per seven character levels (rounded up) and adding the best resulting die.
• Increase effective casting level of a spell, effective manifesting level of a power, or effective turning level of a turn/rebuke undead action by +1 per seven character levels (rounded up). Powers may be augmented to their boosted manifesting level.
• Take an extra swift action or 5ft-step.
• Boost your own morale upwards by one level.

2AP:
• Take an extra standard action or move action.
• Re-roll any d20 or d100 (e.g. miss chance, disjunction) roll. You must keep the result, even if it is worse than the original roll.
• Use any class ability or feat limited by uses per time interval one more time. You must be able to use the ability at least three times per day normally. Per encounter and per recharge abilities automatically fit under this category.
• Cast any one spell you have prepared (even if the spell has been expended) or any one spontaneous spell without expending a spell slot, or manifesting any power without expending power points. All normal rules apply.
• Continue to fight without penalty even while disabled or dying for one round (you still die upon reaching –10 hit points).

3AP:
• Take a full-round action.
• Grant a +20 perfection bonus on any attack roll, saving throw, ability check, skill check, or saving throw DC for a single effect.
• Continue to fight without penalty even when reduced to –10 hit points or below for one round. You must be conscious and above a hit point amount equal to the negative of half your maximum hit points to use this ability. The ‘no penalty’ implies only to the penalties of disabled or dying, but not to the results of major bodily damage (such as loss of limbs) from being critically damaged.
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:12 pm

note that Shield Rings no longer grant cover AC, just shield AC now =9. Tower Shields still grant cover though. And anytime you shouldn't be using a shield (like working or sleeping) the Shield Ring will be considered turned off, seeing as it involves having an invisible force shield revolving about you...

and I lied, the Insightful Strike nerf will stand.
|

()

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:05 pm

[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Laharl
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:31 pm

Of course not. They're entirely under the control of their Master, so they're not suitable for PCs as-is.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Return to “Information”