[9/30/2141] CK-1: Assassins & Nukes

Moderator: Zanaikin

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: [9/30/2141] Night Occurance

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:03 pm

Liliane: "Give me a second... Woah, they're not quite as stupid as I thought then. Yeah I can deal with them. Although if you're trying to contact Lt. Zanaikin for this, don't bother - to make long story short she's more likely to fry any hardware she fiddles directly with. Anyways, expect a present in twenty minutes, tops."
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:37 pm

Comm message to Liliane: "How much time do we have before those nukes get here?"

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:02 pm

Liliane: "The times vary, but in between five to eight minutes from now."
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Re: [9/30/2141] CK-1: Assassins & Nukes

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:03 pm

Less than a minute later, the third firewall drops, but the base's network management operators states the enemy's cyber attack was rapidly losing both momentum and intensity, as if they were withdrawing their resources from the attack.

At the same time, Colonel Pahlen orders HVM launchers to directly link with the sensors feed from Star-Cruiser Berezina and begin calculating interception paths against the hostile ICBMs. Tracking is authorized to open fire as soon as firing resolutions are calculated, whatever their accuracies.

Colonel Pahlen: "...the problem here is that our accuracies are far too low at this range. If the ICBMs come close to us our counter-missiles will be able to shoot it down without a problem given their missiles' poor ECM. But if they're aimed at the Kochikaze cities that are far away from the base, then the chance of us shooting it down in time may be as low as 67% - not odds I'd want to have with nukes."

Major Bayreuth: "And the Berezina?"

Major Rantzau: "An orbiting starship will have better accuracy than us, although their sensors aren't optimized for dealing with atmospheric threats and their weapons even less so. The other problem is that Captain Liliane would likely need all the computing power they have to deal with the cyber attack, and any requests we make upon them will detract from that end."
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Re: [9/30/2141] CK-1: Assassins & Nukes

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:57 pm

[ Sorry about the delay, been busy playing video games <.< ]

With the passing of time it seems that Colonel Pahlen's worries were unnecessary. Tracking eventually confirmed that all the ICBMs were targetted to converged onto base CK-1. Long-range HVM fired managed to down most of them, and the stragglers were finished off by the more limited range counter-missiles. The counter-fire of the Imperials proved, yet again, why traditional long-range missiles that lack effective passive or active defenses have long been obsoleted.

Meanwhile, base network management reports that the attack stopped completely within two minutes after the dropping of the third firewall.

About twelve minutes later, a new message came from the Berezina...
Liliane: "Star-Captain Liliane triumphantly returns from her cyberspace battlefield~! Reporting a successful counterattack upon the daring infildels who attempted to breach our zone of quiet and peaceful sleep. Our brave assault unit inflicted heavy infrastructural damage upon a hostile military computing center in the Faerskor mountains. Unfortunately, their network precautions prevented us from returning with some spoils of war, but they'll certainly be out of commission for some time!"

[ Note: Updates to the XP thread ]
|

()

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Actions”