[9/28/2141] Operation Spieluhr

Moderator: Zanaikin

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: [9/28/2141] <unnamed> Battle

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:50 pm

Kasai Kochikaze: "The Spirits are sentient and, so far as we know, doesn't have any instinctive urges to for malevolence against the living. Although they do have individual personalities. Some spirits actually enjoy lending a hand to those in need, while others might like to do harm. Most of them just go about their own business if left alone though."
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:51 pm

Ivan: "If we can think of a few good countermeasures against the Spirits, I'd prefer to go through the Tsuchimikado. From what you've said, spontaneous attacks by groups of Incarnum Spirits are unlikely, although we might have to worry about an attack by a clan and their allied spirits.

"We could use Greater Magic Weapon spells to create a supply of magical high-velocity and normal missiles capable of harming spirits, and use Hussars spread around the company to give early warnings of incoming enemies. Additionally, we could have a squadron of Knights on standby to teleport in and engage spirits that try to attack a company. Further, we could create a special platoon of Dragoon IFV's in each company, each one carrying a mage capable of casting an Antimagic Field as well as a large stock of magical ammunition for both the vehicle's guns and the infantry inside it. If the company is attacked, that platoon will attempt to intercept and engage the spirits, using its AMF to shield against their magical energy blasts and using the magical ammunition to kill the attacking spirit.

"This would give us a chance of fighting creatures with the kind of special powers that you described. However, I am not sure what kind of power level to expect from these spirits. Could elite troops with magical weapons defeat them in combat? Could magical railguns destroy them at range? Also, have the clans been known to attack ships moving through their territory in the past?"
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:16 am

Kasai gives off a shrug.

Colonel Pahlen: "The only troops who really have magical weapons are the grenadiers, mages, and any melee weapons you may have, and we all have some enchanted HVM slugs I believe. Most of the high-tech electronic weapons react poorly to being enchanted by spells that modify physical characteristics, which magical enhancement certainly does... I donno the details, you'll have to ask an electrical or material sciences engineer. The only things I think you can enchant without messing up are probably the solid and maybe chemical slugs. But even with the magic weapons we do have, I don't think fighting incorporeal targets is part of the training curriculum. Heck I doubt most of them have ever even seen a ghost, or the likes."

Kasai Kochikaze: "We don't know how they'll react to fleets flying across because in general, there's simply a lack of reason to send fleets across the forest. However a few clans have made it very obvious that intrusion upon their territory is unwelcoming. As for your range issue... well if you have some sensors capable of detecting them."

Major Gevorki: "Don't think so, I still remember having problems dealing with ghostform mages, and we haven't progressed much in that department. Hardly a priority for the DAE people, after all. When it all comes down, you're stuck with visual and manual targeting with no equipment assistance of any kind. Hell, cameras can't even pick up ghosts since their existence is purely magical and has no physical effect on the environment, so those inside vehicles are sitting ducks. One thing's for sure... we need infantry screening if we're doing that. Oh, and we definitely don't have enough AMF-capable mages, you'll be lucky if more than ten percent of your magic-users can cast that."

Major Bayreuth: "Funny how no one ever bothered with a wide-range magic detection spells."

Major Soissons: "We got radar and visual sensors for that, why bother? Besides magic sensors don't link that well to most equipment. You'd have better luck with psionics."

Major Bayreuth: "How about just fly high and borrow some cloud cover ? Do those clans use any high powered electronic sensors ?"

Kasai Kochikaze: "Heard of some, crude compared to up-to-date military hardware of course. Not sure on how effective though. Seriously, no one cares about spending in any significance on military intelligence on the clans when they're territorially passive and there are all those other ambitious and far advanced threats out there. Most of us are satisfied as long as some army isn't being gathered in the woods."

Lt. Colonel Kawashima: "...Except the Moharans, and maybe Tsutsui and Delral as well."

Kasai Kochikaze: "Yes, except the slavers who go wilderness hunting. Not sure about Delral, the Gallian woods are supposedly far better organized, and their warriors better trained, than here in the Tsuchimikado."
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:32 pm

Ivan: "What's the weather forecast for that area over the next couple of hours? If there's enough cloud cover, it would be a pretty ideal solution. It reduces risk of detection, and even if we are detected it will be much less threatening than a low-level flyover. Although the spirits are worrisome, I would rather risk an isolated attack and the loss of one of the strike groups than be discovered by the Tsutsui and jeopardize the entire operation.

"However, it would be prudent to have a coherent plan ready in case we are attacked. Attaching a squad of either Cross Knights of Knights Vindicator to each force would be a good start, as they are elite infantry with magical weapons and a good amount of other magical abilities. If spirits attack, the Knights plus a few squads of grenadiers or mages would disembark to engage, while the vehicles would move back to try to avoid combat.

"However, sending infantry into a close-range battle against magical creatures of unknown power is far from ideal. Any other ideas?"
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:33 pm

Major Soissons: "Weather pattern for that area is... give me a moment to run it by Berezina's sensors." [ and Soissons begins to unfocus his gaze and concentrate to use this implants ]

Major Gevorki: "Attaching a half or full squad of knights to each assault unit isn't a bad idea in my opinion. I may be prideful enough of my boys to claim they should be able to handle an oversized ghost or two, but having some extra assurance to cut the casualties down never hurts."

Major Soissons: "...and apparently, we have good cloud cover in a sizeable portion of that area. Sensors say that there's actually a storm rolling up the Tsuchimikado right now, and estimates we might receive around 70~80% cloud cover in the area."
|

()

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:35 pm

Ivan: "Then its settled. We'll send four strike teams, one company of infantry each. Major Gevorki, you'll lead the 3rd Recon as the first strike force. The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Grenadier Companies, each with a platoon of magi attached, will form the other three forces."

"Knight-Dispatcher Staufen, I'd like a squad of your Cross Knights to accompany each of the strike teams."
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:23 pm

Sigmund nods. "Certainly."

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:37 pm

Operation Spieluhr:

Force Division:
Strike Group Alpha: 3rd Special Reconnaissance, 1 Squad Cross Knights (Commander: Major Gevorki)
Strike Group Beta: 1st Grenadier Company, 1 Platoon Magi, 1 Squad Cross Knights (Commander: 1st Grenadier company commander)
Strike Group Gamma: 2nd Grenadier Company, 1 Platoon Magi, 1 Squad Cross Knights (Commander: 2nd Grenadier company commander)
Strike Group Delta: 3rd Grenadier Company, 1 Platoon Magi, 1 Squad Cross Knights (Commander: 3rd Grenadier company commander)

77th Main Force: Remainder of the 77th Brigade (Commander: Colonel Karamazov)
42nd Brigade: The 42nd Brigade (Commander: Colonel Pahlen)

Overall objectives: Outflank the enemy, weaken his forces, and divert his attention away from Kochikaze

Plan Overview:
The 77th will cut through southern Tsutsui to intercept and destroy the Moharan fleets approaching from the south. The 4 strike groups will clear the path by moving ahead and assaulting the 4 Tsutsui bases that bar the way.

Specific Instructions:
Strike Groups: Each strike group will be responsible for tying up one of the Tsutsui bases. The four strike groups will break off from the 77th Main Force and circle through the Tsuchimikado, attacking the bases from the south. While moving through the Tsuchimikado, the strike groups will try to avoid any detection by or engagement with the tribes living there. They will use cloud cover to avoid being detected. If engaged in the Tsuchimikado, the commander should take whatever steps necessary to insure that the mission is completed successfully. As the strike groups near the objective, they will attempt to get as close as possible before being detected, then assault the base. The groups will be coordinated so that they launch their assaults simultaneously, or as close to simultaneously as possible.
Once its target is neutralized, each Strike Group will either move to help another Strike Group that is having trouble with its target, or rejoin the 77th Main Force. (Note: Strike Group Delta will attack the easternmost base directly from Kochikaze, without entering the Tsuchimikado at all)
All men in the strike group will be given a packet of relevant information on Incarnum spirits and the Tsuchimikado tribes, with instruction to review it on the trip south.

77th Main Force: The brigade will move southeast from base CK-1, cutting through the southern portion of Tsutsui on its way to Mohara. Once into enemy territory, the Main Force will stay at a relatively high altitude, with heavy screening units below and to the sides in case of a surprise attack from a previously undetected base. The Main Force will move to intercept and destroy the two small Moharan forces in the south.

42nd Brigade: The 42nd will remain concealed in base CK-1 while it moves over from Norinth. Ideally the 42nd should remain concealed for the duration of this operation, but Colonel Pahlen can reveal himself if he sees a pressing need, such as the Asakura invading northern Kochikaze.
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Re: [9/28/2141] Operation Spieluhr

Postby Zanaikin » Wed May 06, 2009 12:03 am

[ Note: as before, I tend to make periodic updates to jump across short periods of time. Feel free to post and correct/modify (or at least try to) certain actions ]

Phase I of Operation Spieluhr is going relatively well as the 77th Brigade made way south and then east, while the 3rd Recon, three Grenadier companies, and one mage company flew ahead to engage the target fortifications. Because they were flying at a high enough altitude to utilize the cloud cover, the three 77th strike units companies were detected short of the target and fired upon by anti-air railguns, although only no losses were taken due to the enemy's poor accuracy. The 3rd Recon, equipped with their stealthed Hussar Scouts, were able to sneak in and deactivate the sensors to clear way for the rest of the company. Within minutes, all four units reports having landed at the target successfully and was moving in to attack the garrisons.

As the 77th flew into southern Tsutsui and accelerated to full speed* with Major Lachina's orders based on navigational calculations, the four companies progress were as followed:
3rd Recon (westernmost target) - Target mostly cleared but lacking the expected number of defenders. However they seem to have met and engaged unknown foes, likely barbarians of the woods...
1st Grenadier - Clear and ready to meet up with main force
2nd Grenadier - Clear and ready to meet up with main force
3rd Grenadier (easternmost target) - Heavy resistance encountered in compound. Heavy rail batteries silenced but when they moved into the target, enemy light and powered infantry have attacked them on both flanks, entangling the unit down in close combat. Estimated enemy force range between 200 to 500...
*[ military drives can't keep up full throttle for long without damage, even full speed was straining the system and wasn't recommended for more than 12 hours of use ]
|

()

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Wed May 06, 2009 3:59 am

3rd Grenadier given permission to disengage and retreat if the commander deems it necessary. 1st Grenadier is to proceed towards the western target and prepare to reinforce the 3rd Special Recon should it prove necessary.
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu May 07, 2009 1:02 am

3rd Grenadier informs you the following:
-- If they withdraw, there's no doubt some casualties will be lost behind. That makes it both impossible to raise the troops in time and cause equipment to fall into enemy hands.
-- If they are to continue the attack against the fortifications, they need additional reinforcements. Furthermore, neither them nor their reinforcements will be able to finish combat in time to meet up with the main force heading west.
|

()

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Thu May 07, 2009 2:50 am

2nd Grenadier is to meet up with 3rd Grenadier and complete the assault on the eastern fortifications.
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu May 07, 2009 3:20 am

As the Brigade made way westwards near the southern border of Tsutsui. Major Gevorki informs you that the 3rd Recon is currently having some entanglements with the Tsuchimikado locals, although it's delved to a point of more diplomatic than fighting. Apparently the garrison that was support to be there went on a supply-gathering trip, where the supplies are incarnum-blooded humanoids. They managed to convince the warriors of the forest that they're enemies of the Tsutsui, but are now being asked to help retrieve their kin. Gevorki requests permission for going onto an independent operation, as if he helps the Imperials may stand to gain some, albeit few, valuable allies; if he doesn't they might get doubtful (which they still are) and start the fighting again.

3rd grenadier reports that they were able to inflicting heavy casualties upon the enemy's counterattack, mostly as the Tsutsui infantry exposed themselves into the open and was cut down by vehicular weapon fire. After the 2nd grenadier entered the fray, the combined unit launched another attack into the fortifications. So far the attack has been able to achieve a slow but steady momentum.

1st Grenadiers (and the detached mage platoon) successfully meets back up with the main force.

Berezina reports that the Northern Moharan reinforcements have increased their speed towards the Tsutsui main base, and souther Asakura sky cruisers were also moving south towards eastern Tsutsui.
|

()

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Thu May 07, 2009 7:32 am

Major Gevorki is given permission to help the natives.
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu May 07, 2009 1:25 pm

The brigade successfully made way across southern Tsutsui without incident. By which point 3rd (and 2nd) grenadier reports that they've completely secured the easternmost fortifications and were pulling out. In just a few more minutes all of the four southern Tsutsui fortifications would be sabotaged beyond repair. 2nd and 3rd Grenadiers (along with their attached mage platoons) will then head back to base.

As the brigade closed in on the Tsuntsui-Mohara border (time ~2200), long-ranged sensors indicate that the first southern Mohara ship-trio has turned around and was withdrawing westwards, away from the oncoming Imperials. Meanwhile Berezina reports that the second trio of ships sped up towards their comrades. They were definitely trying to merge into one group of six, and it's possible they may have such enough time to do so.

Furthermore, Berezina reports their sensors were detecting heavy activity around the Tsutsui main base. Major Lachina believes that they'll probably move east against base CK-1 as soon as the northern Mohara forces makes rendezvous.
|

()

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Actions”