Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

[9/28/2141] Operation Spieluhr

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:30 am

|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Re: [9/28/2141] <unnamed> Battle

Postby TheDude51 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:05 am

Pre-Emptive Strike
Abstract: Meeting to plan military strike against gathering enemy forces before they can muster.
Invite: Colonel Karamazov, Major Soissons, Major Bayreuth, Major Samsonov, Commander Ata, Knight-Dispatcher Staufen, Commander Graber, Knight-Dispatcher Rothwyn, Commander Alexander, Major Gevorki, Lieutenant Zanaikin, Kasai Kochikaze, [Kochikaze Generals/Officials that Kasai wants to bring], [highest-ranking members of 42nd Brigade present]

Note: Before the meeting begins, Ivan asks Viviane to cast a Mage's Private Sanctum over the meeting area.

Ivan lays out his plan for how to strike at the gathering enemy forces before they can muster:

Ivan and the 77th Brigade will cut through the southern portion of Tsutsui to intercept and destroy the southern Moharan fleets one at a time before they can meet up with the larger enemy force. Meanwhile, the 42nd Brigade will secretly begin to deploy into the Imperium base in Kochikaze. From there, the 77th will either pincer the enemy force with the 42nd, or lead them away so that the 42nd can strike their fixed defenses while the enemy fleet is away.

If the Tsutsui and Asakura forces moves on Kochikaze before their allies arrive from Mohara, the 77th will double back and attack them, flanking with whatever portions of the 42nd have arrived by that time. Otherwise, the 77th will destroy the two small Mohara fleets and then base their next move on how the enemy commanders react.

Ivan asks everyone for comments on and criticisms of the plan, and how they would respond if they were the Tsutsui and Moharan commanders.

Ivan also asks Kasai if he would like to try to evacuate or issue warnings to the two smaller towns in the west of Kochikaze, as there might be fighting around that area. He also asks if there is something dangerous about the Tsuchimikado forest that would prevent the 77th from retreating across it, should the need arise.
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:43 am

[ Kasai brings Lieutenant-Colonel Kariya Kawashima, as the highest commanding officer in charge of Kochikaze's former military. You notice he's obviously miffed at all the Imperials, probably still bitter they had to surrender, however nicely you put it, without even giving a fight. Not to mention that unless and until someone says otherwise, he's currently out of a job. He also seems to be rather politically naive, or at least he's making absolutely no effort to hide his emotions. From his mannerisms (and his gruff-looking appearance), he seems more like a noncom than an officer, but that's just first impressions. ]
[ Colonel Mark Pahlen personally attends this conference after receiving the call, and left his XO to deal with the moving details ]

After Ivan's request, Viviane looked uncomfortable for a moment, but nodded nevertheless. A moment later you all notice what had previously seems like a complete void of magic signature suddenly flare with power with waves of magical energy pouring out and hammering at you in close range, and only then did you realize what should have been obvious - she was wearing an AMF. As she began chanting the spell, you notice an irritable and uncomfortable feeling starting to build within you, and couldn't help but feel your anger rising for absolutely no logical reason at all. Most of it seems to be directed towards the heterochromic girl in front of you, as thoughts like "why the hell is she here again" and "that bitch needs to get out of my sight before I strangle her" slowly bubbled up to the surface of your thoughts...

[ Perception DC 30 ]: You notice that Lieutenant-Colonel was reaching and fingering his pistol, and maybe...

Those further away from her seems less affected, but even there the discontent was growing gradually...

[ Everyone make a will save, although I think it's check for natural-1s in the case of everyone here ][ By the way, this spell is 10mins long to cast ]
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:53 am

(Will Save 35, Perception 31)
Deducing the obvious feelings of anger that seemed to be drowning the room, Gabriel decided to act.
"Lest we overcrowd the the room, let's all step outside and give the young Lieutenant some casting space, eh?" He said, raising his voice a step, and trying to motion everyone out.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:39 am

(Will 36, Perception 44)

"Yes, we should do that." Sigmund walks calmly out of the room along with Simon.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:36 am

[ After some mumbled and sometimes begrudging agreement, everyone gets out of the room. It seems several people, especially the two Kochikazes, were thoroughly confused by what they felt in there ]

Major Bayreuth: "The biggest problem I can see with this plan is the distance we need to cover, and fast, in order to strike at their rear units. We can't guarantee bypassing the Tsutsui regions without being intercepted by their home fleet, and if we're caught in the middle of their region we'll be pinned against the fire of their southern defenses, where the enemy can still retreat behind their own fortifications with a little time. I propose that we ditch all the slow units, including the command landship and the engineering vehicles, and have the supply vehicles proceed with half load to speed them up. That will hopefully give us a decisive enough speed advantage to evade any enemy interception attempt."

Major Soissons: "That's insane. You're asking to delve behind the enemy front with only the utility magi for engineering and low supplies? Our artillery will run dry within minutes, and we'll be proceeding on full military power with zero margins over a sizably distant journey, without any engineering vehicles we won't be able to recover any vehicles with mechanical failures, not even mentioning the battle damage! We'd be stuck behind enemy lines without our lifeline!"

Colonel Pahlen: "It's a slight gamble, but so what? Yes, I think by the time my boys get here we'll enough firepower to tackle them head-on, although against that many ships it will be a brutal firefight. If this works, yes the 77th is behind their lines, but doesn't that also mean the enemy is stuck between us? Most of Mohara's forces must be gathered towards the north readied against the Kusanagi and guarding the borders against Sendai, so you shouldn't have too much to worry about once you get over Tsutsui."

Lieutenant-Colonel Kawashima (mumbling): ""

Colonel Pahlen (slightly annoyed): "What was that?"

Major Gevorki: "He does make a point. We know the Mohara has a lot of underground networks, what's to prevent them from building a secret underground base? Mohara's western borders haven't seen major combat for quite some time, no one would ever know if they hid something there."

Major Soissons: "A base? How significant you thinking of?"

Major Gevorki: "If it were me I'd go for something of the most adaptive value. Try a fighter or gunship base. A set of launch bay doors is easy enough to hid."
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:10 am

"My good Lieutenant-Colonel, please do not feel any reason to hide details you think irrelevant or minor from this discussion. Nor should you feel the need the need to speak at such low volume. While I'm very confidant in the capability of each and every commander in this room, only you may possess the breadth of tactical insight in reference to Mohara and Tsutsui that could turn the battle ultimately in our favor. So, please, if you think you may know something, do share. We will value any insight you can offer us.
Diplomacy to the Lieutenant-Colonel: 70

(Also, my current auras give everyone a +4 bonus on bluff, diplo, intimidate, and knowledge checks).

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:19 pm

The Lieutenant-Colonel looked slight embarrassed and annoyed (either at himself or at the room of Imperials as a whole, as it wasn't directed to a single person) for a moment.

Lt. Colonel Kawashima: "Sorry, but the major stated my opinions perfectly. We don't know of any Moharan installations in the area, but that doesn't mean they don't have any."

Major Soissons: "That's even more reason not to ditch our landship behind. Neither our REDEINs nor the METAACs have operational ranges to go out that far unsupported."

[ Note: Both REDEINs and METAACs, for all their speed and maneuverability, have ridiculously high energy expenditures and can't operate for more than a few hours without resupplying ]

Major Bayreuth: "If we have to bring everything I suggest we take a route further south. Circling through the Tsuchimikado is likely too far, but if we plow through the southern fortifications we can probably keep just enough distance from Tsutsui navy central while heading west. Not to mention doing so will leave us a clear return path."

Colonel Pahlen (looks at Kawashima): "How heavy are those fortifications?"

Lt.Colonel Kawashima: "Donno. They've never been too heavily used though, and more of a frontier training ground for Tsutsui's mercenary forces than anything else. I wouldn't be surprised if their equipment is out-of-date, but I wouldn't bet on it."

Major Gevorki: "If they're bases designed against aerial cruisers, which one may presume them to be, then a few infantry strikes can take them out. Head in from just above the ground will avoid their air radar and keep us out of their fire trajectory until we're within miles of them. Once they're engaged, they won't be in any position to worry about our main force."
|

()

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:15 am

Ivan: "That seems like a good way to approach the breakthrough. Can we get enough men into position to hit all four bases simultaneously without being detected? If we do them one by one, by the second or third base they'll be expecting us, which would make our job much more difficult.

"One thing I'm worried about is if the Asakura move to invade northern Kochikaze while we are making the breakthrough. I suppose that we could send whatever units of the 42nd that had arrived to counter them, but I'm hesitant to give away their presence so soon. [addressing Lt. Colonel Kawashima] What kind of fortifications does Kochikaze have in that area already?"
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:51 am

Lt. Colonel Kawashima: "We have three light anti-air rail batteries, each with only about two platoons and is somewhat dated. We had a peace treaty with the Asakura before you guys landed here and they're hardly the aggressive folks to be worrying about. Frankly I didn't think they were even capable of mobilizing this fast.

Major Bayreuth: "As for the bases, detaching either a grenadier or magi company should be enough to handle any one of them. They may not gain complete local superiority, but they'll keep them busy enough. Regards to the order of striking, I suggest the vanguard infantry units move east into central Tsutsui first and then south, and try to time their strikes as closely as possible. Either that or they can strike from Tsuchimikado. There's a problem with either one, if they move through central Tsutsui chances are they will be discovered by someone, whom may or may not alert the bases in time. On the other hand, circling in from the forest side takes long, and we have no idea what surprises may await us there."
|

()

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:53 am

Ivan:
"Do we have reason to believe that the Tsuchimikado is dangerous? If we really have no information at all about it, it would probably be safer to go through Tsutsui, but surely we must have some knowledge of its dangers.

"It looks like we'll just have to counter the Asakura with the 42nd if they decide to attack then. Taking out 3 or 9 more ships with minimal losses to our side is something, and we'll still be in position to flank the main Mohara-Tsutsui force despite losing the element of surprise."
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:01 am

Kasai Kochikaze: "Most of the tribes aren't much, although I'd hesitate to take them on the ground, their warriors are probably as good as or better than Akashi light infantry. A few of them may have one or more gunships or light freighters, but that's not threat to any major modern fleet. It's the magical beasts you need to worry about more, especially the Greater Incarum Spirits, and some of the tribes have... certain connections to them."
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:49 am

"Greater Incarnum Spirits?" Gabriel, inquired.

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:45 am

Kasai Kochikaze: "We don't pretend to fully understand its existence. They're essentially just Incarnum Spirits, incorporeal magical entities harnessing the power of incarnum and believed by some to reflect the souls of the past. Except Greater Spirits are exponentially more powerful. They can either be naturally occurring or formed on the spot when a large number of lesser spirits merge together into one great entity. The main problem with them of course is that conventional weapons don't hurt them and even most magitech or incarnum-instilled weapons are unreliable, not to mention long-range sensors can't even detect them. Furthermore Incarnum Spirits can unleash blasts of magic which ignore all nonliving matter, going straight past the armor to harm or kill the people behind them. It's said that skilled Dantists of the Asagami Order can also summon these mighty spirits as a weapon."
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:40 pm

"Are these spirits naturally malevolent towards the living, in that they will strike for no reason? Or, must they be beckoned or provoked to do so?"

Active Characters:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Actions”