[9/27/2141] Kochikaze: Negotiations & Rebellion

Moderator: Zanaikin

User avatar
Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Posts: 3473
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 2:57 am
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest
Location: Charm City
Contact:

Re: [9/27/2141] Kochikaze: Negotiations & Rebellion

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:32 pm

In the city...
"Press forward, comrades! They've nearly broke!" Roderich roared, as he flew towards what he perceived to be the enemy commander, bring the sharp edge of his halberd to bare.

On the ship...
Despite the immense impact of the magazine, Gabriel was still standing. Barely. Noticing the need to buy some time, Gabriel suddenly stood up straight, chest out, and in a swift, but all-too flamboyant manner, removed one his soft-hand gloves, thereby revealing his somewhat silvery, scaled skin. After doing so, he quickly placed his hand over his heart, and addressed the remaining soldiers in their tongue (while using Touch of Vitality to regain his hit-points).
"Stand in awe mortals! For I am Vorthax, the RADIANT ANNIHILATOR!!! Know that to try and SLAY me by MORTAL means is FOLLY! Flee now, and I shall spare using your SOULS to fuel my BREATH OF SILVER OBLITERATION!!!" [/anime-like posturing] (Bluff 79/Perform Act 41)
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:
Daveed Sunseeker
Gorin

User avatar
Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Posts: 2290
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:23 am
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
Location: Between the keyboard and chair

Re: [9/27/2141] Kochikaze: Negotiations & Rebellion

Postby Laharl » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:27 am

Sigmund flies into the melee, aiming straight for the enemy leader. "Come on, men of the Imperium! Finish them!" As he flies forward, he expends all of his remanining magical energy into his sword (exactly 20 spell levels worth of slots left...) and shouts "Sturm!", causing his sword to glow and grow far beyond its normal size, eventually reaching fifteen feet in length, emitting a soft blue glow as it pulses in time with Sigmund's breath. "Surrender. You are outmatched," he calls out to the enemy commander.
Haaaahahahaha!!!!

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

User avatar
Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Posts: 4433
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:37 am
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5
Location: Lost in my virtual universe
Contact:

Re: [9/27/2141] Kochikaze: Negotiations & Rebellion

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:06 pm

In Senrei...
As Rodrich approaches, one of the mages seem to be reading a scroll. Then, just 50ft away from his intended target, Rodrich slams into something solid hard yet invisible...probably a Wall of Force.
[ Damage: 50 bludgeoning ]

The enemy commander seems to pay no heed to Sigmund despite a desperate situation. A second mage next to him hurls a dispel towards you, his close guard of infantry simply opened fire with their assault rifles, while 2 powered-infantry stands on either side of him (with 5ft space) and charges up their katars to ready themselves for melee...
[ Dispel checks: 31, 22, 28, 22, 28, 37, 25, 36, 26, 24 ][ Not sure what your current buffs are...]
[ Damage: 495 to EMS ][ Reflex DC 30 halves ]

The KVs at the center and the CKs to the right continued to hammer at the Kochikaze units. Light infantry from the right were starting to break off by individual numbers and running away...



On the ship...
Gabriel couldn't tell through the enemy's faceplates, but their seconds' pause in motion (especially the close one) revealed they were shocked speechless by the strange act...
Then the two railguns fired, while the one who threw the magazine charged up his katar and took out another, much smaller package, from his back. The one previously in melee still appear dumbfounded.
[ 2 railgun hits: 117 damage to EMS ]
Stormreach NPC Relations | Stormreach Encounter Map

Epicette Argyen (WotR Ledger)

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

User avatar
Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Posts: 3473
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 2:57 am
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest
Location: Charm City
Contact:

Re: [9/27/2141] Kochikaze: Negotiations & Rebellion

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:59 pm

In the city...
Somewhat dazed, but still intact, Roderich redirected himself towards the mage who conjured the wall (fly 23, if necessary), and moved in for the kill...
(swift to burn a 5th level slot for arcane strike; 3 charges spent from inertial booster, 1d20+17=30 (amf ac) atk; 18d6+5d4+13=102 dmg)

On the ship...
Gabriel gave a devlish grin, and made a sudden surge for the one preparing the new package.
(Bastion jumps a True Strike onto Gabriel; 2 charges spent to power inertial booster; attacking with polearm end; enforcing strike; 1d20+42=53 atk; 19d6+17=92 damage)
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:
Daveed Sunseeker
Gorin

User avatar
Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Posts: 2290
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:23 am
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
Location: Between the keyboard and chair

Re: [9/27/2141] Kochikaze: Negotiations & Rebellion

Postby Laharl » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:38 am

Ref save: 17 + 17 = 34

Sigmund halts 15' away from the enemy commander before slamming his glowing sword at the leader.

Attack Roll: 18+36=54 (threat)
Confirm: 4+36=40
Damage: 99force+84force if confirmed
Haaaahahahaha!!!!

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

User avatar
Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Posts: 4433
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:37 am
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5
Location: Lost in my virtual universe
Contact:

Re: [9/27/2141] Kochikaze: Negotiations & Rebellion

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:10 pm

In Senrei...
Rodrich manages to navigate around the Force Wall, and the mage in question, whose attention had been diverted by Sigmund, didn't even have time to respond properly before Rodrich's halberd smashed him apart.

The two powered-infantry on either side of the commander did their best to guard him against Sigmund's attack. The first one overextended his arm in an attempt to intercept and the force blade cut straight through the left arm. The other however managed to deflect Sigmund's force blade enough to miss the intended target... the close-guard infantry continued to hammer at Sigmund's shields...
[ Damage: 517 damage, may breach your EMS if you fail save ][ Reflex DC 30 halves ][ No evasion ]

The officer in question, who seems to be the Kochikaze equivalent of a Major based on his insignias, drew his own sword (although it's almost obvious he's poorly trained in its use) and continued his best to rally his forces, shouting for them to fight to their death against Imperialistic oppression. Yet despite his efforts, the center units collapsed under the KVs' attack, while the left wing began to fall back as the KVs changed direction towards them. The light infantry reinforcements managed to bring down 2 of the CKs through sheer force of numbers, but even they were quickly fracturing due to the heavy casualties they were taking against the 5 CKs remaining.

[ Rodrich & Sigmund: Know[tactics] check ]
[ Dave: I need your still-active-buffs list ]

Group 2 reports that they have breached the enemy's Central City Stronghold, encountering relatively light perimeter defenses. The Captain has dispatched their infantry to root out the defenders and gunnery operators within...

Group 3 reports that in the south they have destroyed most of the enemy's Skirmish and Gun Crawlers, and the remaining enemy troops were routing, probably due to either the loss of their defensive objective or their command within one of the combat vehicles.



On the ships...
Gabriel's halberd smashed into the trooper's left side and likely crushed his shoulder, although the soldier managed to hold himself in position and hurl the package towards Gabriel after setting it beeping... the two gunners in the back withdrew another 40ft before firing again...
[ Gabriel: AoO, and give me touch AC again ]
[ Know(tech) 30 - that's some kind of sticky plastic-explosives-bundle coming at you. ]
[ 2 railgun hits: 129 damage to EMS ]

Over the comm., the military assault-mages report that they have taken the bridge of the southernmost cruiser and are now cleaning up. The KVs that made it to the bridge on the northeast Cruiser (that Gabriel's on) also reports that the remaining defenders at the bridge were surrendering as it seems their reinforcements have been cut off.

The units sent to take the central cruiser however, was reporting some difficulties dealing with stiff enemy resistance combined with continuous arrival of their reinforcements... although several of the blaster-mages made sure that cruiser isn't going anywhere when they fried half the panels in the bridge and killed most of the bridge crew. A Sergeant also notes that one of the officers they killed seems to be a Colonel, and as far as you know, Kochikaze only has one of those...
Stormreach NPC Relations | Stormreach Encounter Map

Epicette Argyen (WotR Ledger)

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

User avatar
Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Posts: 3473
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 2:57 am
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest
Location: Charm City
Contact:

Re: [9/27/2141] Kochikaze: Negotiations & Rebellion

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:05 pm

In the city...

Roderich gave a quick glance around to look for any more potential "traps", then once gain surged towards the enemy general, seeking to crack the enemy's morale, once and for all...
(swift to burn a 7th level slot for arcane strike; 3 charges spent from inertial booster, 1d20+23=38 atk (amf); 18d6+7d4+16=107 dmg)

AC: 57
Touch: 47

Haste Effects:
50% miss chance
40% failure of individually target spells

Shaped Antimagic Field

Buffs:
Energy Immunity (Fire)
Indomitability
Freedom of Movement
See Invisibility
Greater Heroism
Greater Invisibility
Haste

On the ship:
(AoO: 1d20+19=38 (AP boosted) atk; 15d6+17=72 dmg)
Gabriel reacted to the stickie bombs by backing 20ft (in the direction of the two who have been shooting at him) away from where they landed. He then loaded a new clip for his intertial booster.
[Also, something I just realized. My EMSG is giving me an additional +10 Deflection bonus to AC vs. ballistic attacks.]

AC: 39
Touch: 20

Buffs:
Empowered Superior Resistance
Energy Immunity (Fire)
Energy Immunity (Pure Energy)
Draconic Knowledge
Empowered Inner Beauty
Empowered Protection from Ranged (225/225)
Greater Insignia of Warding (+4)
Empowered Glibness
Tongues

EMSG: (1104/2000)
PfR: (225/225)
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:
Daveed Sunseeker
Gorin

User avatar
Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Posts: 2290
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:23 am
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
Location: Between the keyboard and chair

Re: [9/27/2141] Kochikaze: Negotiations & Rebellion

Postby Laharl » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:59 am

(Remaining Buffs: Recitation, Protection From Ranged. You rolled well. :()

Ref save: 13+17=30

Know[tactics]: 2+2=4

"Keep the pressure on, men!"

Sigmund charges at the enemy commander, slamming his giant sword down.

Attack: 52
Damage: 82
Haaaahahahaha!!!!

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

User avatar
Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Posts: 4433
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:37 am
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5
Location: Lost in my virtual universe
Contact:

Re: [9/27/2141] Kochikaze: Negotiations & Rebellion

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:13 pm

In Senrei...
Rodrich's halberd smashes into the enemy commander from his side, which either killed or at least critically injured him while flinging him towards the right, where Sigmund charged in with his force blade and cleaved through both the commander's hurling body and the other powered-trooper trying to protect him...

With their bloody death of the command and his lieutenants (although one's just crippled) sent his close guards into shock, while the light infantry units, who were holding up only with the constant motivation from their leader, quickly collapsed. The remnants of the left wing followed suit, as those in the rear fled in random directions while those in the front tossed away their weapons and surrendered...

At the same time, group 2 was reporting that they're encounter only minor resistance within the enemy's fortifications. Most of those within are operators and gunners, rather than infantry troopers, and were poorly armed. The Captain expects they will take the fortifications within minutes.

Group 3, after completely eliminating the opposition, was currently reforming itself...



On the Ships...
A message broadcasts itself across the halls of the ship Gabriel is on: "Kochikaze forces - We have take control of your ship, as well as the bridges of your sister ships. Recognize that your rebellion as failed. Surrender now, and put an end to this unnecessary bloodshed!", then a different voice "If you wish to show your loyalty and patriotism to your state, then value your own life and dedicate it to bettering a new Chroma!"

The two rail-gunners in the back looks somewhat undecided. The powered-trooper in the front turns his head around (possibly saying something over their comm), and then charges at you with his electro-katar... (and misses)
Stormreach NPC Relations | Stormreach Encounter Map

Epicette Argyen (WotR Ledger)

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

User avatar
Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Posts: 2290
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:23 am
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
Location: Between the keyboard and chair

Re: [9/27/2141] Kochikaze: Negotiations & Rebellion

Postby Laharl » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:17 am

Sigmund begins to speak, "Let them go. Fight only in self-defense. We are no tyrants, nor shall we massacre those who are clearly beaten."

This is sent over implants and then repeated as loud as Sigmund can yell in Japanese, in hopes the Chromians will understand.
Haaaahahahaha!!!!

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

User avatar
Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Posts: 3473
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 2:57 am
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest
Location: Charm City
Contact:

Re: [9/27/2141] Kochikaze: Negotiations & Rebellion

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:13 am

In the city:

Shortly after dropping the enemy commander, Roderich cast a Tounges Spell, whilst communicating the following the message to Groups 2 and 3, the airship assault forces, and High Command:

Enemy strong point in Senrei Central Park has been broken. Commander is dead, and forces are routing and surrendering.

On the ship:
Gabriel sidestepped to the right, and swung around, hoping this would be the last time he would have to bring his halberd to bare this night.

(Bastion jumps a Truestrike onto the attack; enforcing strike; 4 charges to power inertial booster; -4 for attempting non-lethal damage; 1d20+45=57 ; 25d6+22=97 dmg(nonlethal))
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:
Daveed Sunseeker
Gorin

User avatar
Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Posts: 4433
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:37 am
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5
Location: Lost in my virtual universe
Contact:

Re: [9/27/2141] Kochikaze: Negotiations & Rebellion

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:18 pm

In Senrei...
The Kochikaze troops were mostly surrendering, with a few diehard exceptions and a few who managed to get away in the confusion...

With another two minutes, group 2 reports having taken the Fortress and captured the Captain commanding it...


On the ships...
Gabriel's attention to deal non-lethal damage was completely absorbed by the armor that the trooper wore. The powered-infantry in question then attacked Gabriel 3 times with his katar, and was deflected each time.
The two troopers in the back however, deciding that further combat would gain them nothing, turned about and ran down the cooridor...
Stormreach NPC Relations | Stormreach Encounter Map

Epicette Argyen (WotR Ledger)

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

User avatar
Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Posts: 3473
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 2:57 am
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest
Location: Charm City
Contact:

Re: [9/27/2141] Kochikaze: Negotiations & Rebellion

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:58 pm

In city:
Over the comm: "I need a single Knight Vindicator Triad to fall back and cast healing spells on our fallen comrades who received Delay Death spells earlier in this battle. Be aware, there are most likely still patches of the enemy in the city who may not have surrendered."
(Unless anything out of the ordinary happens, Roderich will pretty much be coordinating the round-up of enemy prisoners).

On the ship:
"Damn fortification", Gabriel grunted, as he deflected his foe's counter attacks, before once again bringing his halberd down on his opponent.

(enforcing strike; 2 charges spent to power inertial booster; critical miss)
6 seconds later...
(striking with the blade; enforcing strike; 3 charges spent to power inertial booster; 1d20+26=38 atk; 22d6+25=102 dmg)

[Note: HP before attack below = 84/197]
Last edited by Mr_Praetorian on Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:
Daveed Sunseeker
Gorin

User avatar
Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Posts: 4433
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:37 am
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5
Location: Lost in my virtual universe
Contact:

Re: [9/27/2141] Kochikaze: Negotiations & Rebellion

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:21 pm

The enemy's second round of katar attacks managed to land only one hit (54 damage) before his body was violently hurled into the wall by Gabriel's halberd, after which it ceased all motion.

About a minute later, the mages onboard the central cruiser reports, at least, that they have seized its (completely-trashed) bridge. All three ship-boarding units were currently cleaning up the Sky Cruisers of any remaining hostile resistance.
Stormreach NPC Relations | Stormreach Encounter Map

Epicette Argyen (WotR Ledger)

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

User avatar
Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Posts: 4433
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:37 am
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5
Location: Lost in my virtual universe
Contact:

Re: [9/27/2141] Kochikaze: Negotiations & Rebellion

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:11 pm

In the aftermath of the Kochikaze military insurgency:
  • Of the three Kochikaze Sky Cruisers, two of them are virtually gutted as of this point. Fighting onboard the flagship destroyed the bridge, causing a crash landing that dealt heavy structural damage to the cruiser. A second cruiser had most of its engineering modules sabotaged when communications announced the the Imperials have taken control of the ship.
  • The commanding officer killed in action onboard the flagship was indeed identified as Lieutenant-Colonel Kariya Kawashima. Other top members of the Kochikaze military killed during the combat included two Majors and two Sky-Captains. The two Majors and last ship Captain remaining all submitted their resignation forms, effective immediately. Investigators are unsure if this is because of connections to the Rebellion or because they do not wish to be viewed as traitors by the Kochikaze populace. Kasai Kochikaze informs you that he accepted their resignation because he 'understands their pain', and warns you that large portions of the Kochikaze military will undoubtly start disbanding once conversion to Imperial Legion standards begin.
  • An online petition was submitted to Kochikaze administration, citing Imperial violation of treaty terms by sending large number of troops into the city and launched 'unprovoked attacks against Kochikaze security forces'.
  • The Knights are currently wondering what to do with the Kochikaze insurgents that were captured, currently held as POWs in the former naval base south of the capital. They number about 800, with most of them reservists or even civilians who joined the rebellion.
Stormreach NPC Relations | Stormreach Encounter Map

Epicette Argyen (WotR Ledger)

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great


Return to “Actions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest