[9/27/2141] Kochikaze: Negotiations & Rebellion

Moderator: Zanaikin

User avatar
Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Posts: 2290
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:23 am
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
Location: Between the keyboard and chair

Re: [9/27/2141] Kochikaze: Negotiations & Rebellion

Postby Laharl » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:23 pm

Message to REDEIN commander: "If you can take down the fortifications with a minimum of collateral damage, do so. Otherwise, just deal with the guns."

"Men, make sure everyone is healed up, then move out for the center of the city. Defensive formations, we don't know what angles they could be attacking from."

Navigate Checks:
4, 6, 20, 14, 14

Sigmund casts Freedom of Movement weaved through as many of his Knights as he can reach, as well as See Invisibility.

Triggers:
Enemy powered infantry arrives: Cast Greater Blink and instruct those with the ability to do the same.
Get pinned down behind cover: Use Xorn Movement, weaved, to surprise the enemy from underground.
An enemy commander or ace appears: Go round by round, probably with an extended sword.

AC: 41
Attack Roll: (Assuming non-extended sword) +37
Haaaahahahaha!!!!

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

User avatar
Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Posts: 3473
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 2:57 am
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest
Location: Charm City
Contact:

Re: [9/27/2141] Kochikaze: Negotiations & Rebellion

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:18 am

Message to REIDEN Command:
Focus your fire on supporting Strike Group 3. If you've got anything left to shoot with after that, swing around and clear the way for Strike Group 1.

Message to Ivan:
Commander, I need to know where the control room in Kochikaze's Skyship's are located. We don't have time to call for an airstrike, so we're going to have to try something a bit more personal.

Message to Mage Platoon Commanders:
Order of all of your units capable of teleportation, and as many others that they can bring with them, to prepare for combat. When you're prepared, teleport to just outside the military base to the south the Capital City, and await further instructions. Our window is small. Godsspeed.

Gabriel sent a mental message to the commander of the Knight Vindicators at the Capital City as he activated his ring of arming. "Cast pre-battle spells, and meet me on the roof of [whatever structure he's currently in]. Its time for some boarding action."

Stats/Buffs for Alexander:
Combat AC: 53
Touch AC: 39
Attack: +24/+19/+14

Current Buffs:
Superior Resistance
Energy Immunity (Pure)
Energy Immunity (Fire)
Energy Immunity (Electricity)
Empowered Greater Mage Armor
Empowered Protection From Ranged
Ironguard
Indomitability
Freedom of Movement
See Invisibility
Empowered Divine Power
Greater Heroism

Triggers/Notes:
Combat is Eminent: Cast Holy Transformation
Enemy Vehicle Presents Itself: Disintegrate, targeted on its primary weapon. (by my estimate he would at least two of these available).
For tougher opponents, has access to Truestrikes from item familiar and wraithstrikes.
Last edited by Mr_Praetorian on Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:
Daveed Sunseeker
Gorin

User avatar
Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Posts: 4433
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:37 am
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5
Location: Lost in my virtual universe
Contact:

Re: [9/27/2141] Kochikaze: Negotiations & Rebellion

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:49 pm

Ivan gives Gabriel a description of where the control room of a typical Shikinami class Sky Cruiser is
[Drew: Know(Technology) check please - checking how well your char understand the ship terminology ]


The Mage-Platoon Commander reports all units have successfully teleported to the vicinity of the military base and are now merging back together. The only mishap happened when one group of 4 teleported near some other military base and took about a minute before they noticed and teleported again. Of course, they had to leave all their vehicles behind, as well as their pilots and gunners to guard them. As of yet there is no sign that those within the base have detected them. Although, the Lieutenant does note that there are signs of recent fighting here and there - whoever took the Cruisers seems to have blasted through the pickets that didn't join them.
[ Apparently we forgot last night - War Weavers can weave teleports, and a support-mage sgt. helped to take half the platoon right there ]

The knights at the capital soon reports that they've assembled atop the State building and are ready to head out.


Sigmund had a bit of a problem reorienting himself to the city's roadways before he got back onto a route heading towards the city's center. The Knight squads soon reassembled themselves, and began heading towards central city once again. Being the most militant of the orders, the Knight-Vindicators took to the lead as per norm. The enemy had either not expected an approach from this angle or simply sent most of their units to reinforce the NW and S fronts, as resistance was sparse, disorganized, and unfocused. Light infantry who weren't directly in the way ended up mostly ignored, while heavy weapon positions that got in the way, typically set up on office windows, were often quickly smashed by the Knight-Vindicators' pollarms. The only serious defense came when two Siege Crawlers turned around the corners at once and opened up with their heavy flamers, until seconds later when Rodrich firing two disintegrates that turned them into explosive fuel tanks.
That lasted until when group 1 almost reached the central city fortifications. After crossing a stone wall that enclosed a central park area, the group quickly found itself under fire by - estimated of a dozen tripod-mounted tribarrel guns supported by lighter infantry firearms. Their exact placements couldn't be seen as a visible magic ward of sorts covered their position [spellcraft: Mage's Private Sanctum] about 500ft away.
The initial salvo of shells ripped through Rodrich's EMS (which is nearing depletion again, can still hold up fire for 1 more round), but the solid slugs simply bounced off of him. The exact same occurance also happened to another leading Knight-Vindicators by his side.
One of them looked a little surprised, and then sent over the comm channel: "Those guns aren't going to stay non-magical for long." [Know(arcana): obviously, he has Lesser Ironguard on]
A third Knight-Vindicator wasn't so lucky - the concentrated fire that poured through shot him to pieces.


Group 2 was nearing the other side of this park...

Group 3 was finally making headway and pushing the enemy defenses aside slowly after the fire support from the last REDEIN strike.


[ Mark your spells used ]
[ Sigmund/Rodrich: Make reflex saves with your action if you head up to attack - entering round by round action for this obstacle ]
Stormreach NPC Relations | Stormreach Encounter Map

Epicette Argyen (WotR Ledger)

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

User avatar
Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Posts: 3473
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 2:57 am
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest
Location: Charm City
Contact:

Re: [9/27/2141] Kochikaze: Negotiations & Rebellion

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:54 pm

In Senrei:

"Get to cover!" roared Roderich as he quickly motioned and a wisp of light flew towards the fallen Vindicator (Delay Death). He then cast Greater Invisibility and flew up roughly 100ft.

In the Capital City:
After the casting of many spells...

Speaking aloud as well transmitting through the comm channel with the to mage commanders.
"Here's the plan. We're going to teleport in right next to those airships, and then dimension door into their control rooms. The control rooms are located... [brief but descriptive bit about their location (Know Technology 26)]. Myself and the Vindicators will take the ship closest to the city, and those of the two mage platoons that could make it will each pick a ship accordingly. And for God's sake, make sure someone either speaks japanese or has tongues cast.

Fire up those EMSGs, and expect heavy resistance! We move in on my mark!"
After roughly 6 seconds...

"MARK!"

Buffs on Main:
Empowered Superior Resistance
Energy Immunity (Fire)
Energy Immunity (Pure Energy)
Draconic Knowledge
Empowered Divine Power
Empowered Inner Beauty
Empowered Protection from Ranged
Greater Insignia of Warding (+4)
Empowered Glibness
Tongues:

AC: 39
Touch AC: 20

Auras:
Senses (+4 to perception and initiative)
Energy Shield (8 sacred damage/attack will melee nonreach weapon)
Last edited by Mr_Praetorian on Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:
Daveed Sunseeker
Gorin

User avatar
Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Posts: 2290
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:23 am
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
Location: Between the keyboard and chair

Re: [9/27/2141] Kochikaze: Negotiations & Rebellion

Postby Laharl » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:10 am

Sigmund responds by quickly casting a Greater Dispel Magic at the ward.

Dispel Check:
16+15=31
Haaaahahahaha!!!!

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

User avatar
Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Posts: 4433
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:37 am
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5
Location: Lost in my virtual universe
Contact:

Re: [9/27/2141] Kochikaze: Negotiations & Rebellion

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:26 pm

[ Entering rnd-by-rnd action ]

City of Senrei, Group 1:
Most of the Knights quickly ducked behind the stone wall separating the park from rest of the city. It won't hold against the fire, but it was at least something to conceal their locations.
Sigmund's dispel smashes right through the ward, revealing around fifty enemy powered-infantry spread out amongst the trees. Some of them operated the dozen tripod-mounted tri-barrel railguns (one of which just finished setting up seconds ago), while others were firing shoulder-mounted personal railguns of their own.
Continuous fire from the enemy guns continued to lash out at the forward Knights (including Gabriel), and another KV was shredded by the crossfire before he could reach the nearest cover. Someone nearby seems to have managed to drop a Delay Death spell.
The enemy seems slightly confused at the knights remaining at the front whom were repelling the railgun slugs as if they were paper. Three gun crews on the right flank then began reloading their ammunition...

SW of Capital City:
Two squads of Knights teleported onto the open 'airfield', or at least, most of two squads. Two groups (4 KVs and 3 CKs total) vanished off somewhere, probably to a wrong target. Thankfully, Gabriel's group did get to the right location. The Mage units took a second teleport to the center of the base - mostly since the distance was too great for any lesser teleportation spell.
The three Sky Cruisers were already starting to lift off into the air. However, due to the distance they're spread out, a Dimension Door will only be able to reach the center one...
The enemy may have been surprised as they did not respond immediately, but they weren't unprepared either. The nearest tri-barrel turrets on those Sky Cruisers were already swiveling around to target the intruders. Eight Skirmish Crawlers stationed around the perimeter were also turning about...
[ Next round ]
The 17 Knights that were at the base, plus Gabriel, teleported into the NW Cruiser's command room, or tried to. Gabriel felt a sudden jerk and your legs flaring up in pain (take 8 damage) during the teleportation process, and came out in the middle of some main corridor, along with one another Knight of the teleportation group. Based on the comm, a lot of similar occurances also happened to the others, although some of them (not sure how many at this point) did indeed make it into the bridge proper.
In the hallway, the alarms were on and a message calling for battle stations was cycling repeatedly. Three Chromian powered-infantry troopers had also just turned around the corner (60ft away), and all three promptedly leveled their railguns to open fire. One shot missed, and the other two were absorbed by the EMS of the other Knight besides Gabriel.
Something similar was happening with the mages boarding the other ships, and chaos quickly filled the comm. channel as units were broken up, shunted apart by the teleportation spells.
Stormreach NPC Relations | Stormreach Encounter Map

Epicette Argyen (WotR Ledger)

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

User avatar
Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Posts: 3473
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 2:57 am
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest
Location: Charm City
Contact:

Re: [9/27/2141] Kochikaze: Negotiations & Rebellion

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:28 pm

In Senrei...

Over the comm:
"Well, Sigmund, they're spread out too wide for a direct assault, the REIDENs are too far away, and I'm not a war mage. Any ideas?
[ DM Edit: to note my info to Drew: the enemy is spread across a 700ft front ]

Groups 2 and 3! Status Report!"

In the Airship...

Over the comm:
"We're mixed up, but we're mostly inside. Unless you're isolated, begin cutting your way towards the bridge. If you can't figure that out, head for fighting. Use terms 'Holy Avenger' and 'Holy Cross' for identification."

To the Knight Vindicator at his side. "With me!"
After giving his orders Gabriel quickly surged forward (to within 30ft of the powered-infantry), as he did, small lines of light began to wrap around him. By the time he was in range, his eyes were glowing holy white, and he almost had the faint outline of a draconic creature. Then, all at once, the energy was pulled into him, and he proceeded to exhale a blast of sacred fire at the three troopers.

(burning an 8th level slot for bonus damage; 27d6 = 127, DC 25 ref for half)
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:
Daveed Sunseeker
Gorin

User avatar
Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Posts: 2290
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:23 am
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
Location: Between the keyboard and chair

Re: [9/27/2141] Kochikaze: Negotiations & Rebellion

Postby Laharl » Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:54 pm

Comm: "Well, Gabriel, I think our best bet is to do something unexpected while they can't see us. Everyone, take good note of the locations of those three crews that are reloading. We're going to give them a little surprise."

True to his word, Sigmund casts a weaved Xorn Movement on as many knights as he can reach, before diving into the ground and moving out to the front.
Haaaahahahaha!!!!

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

User avatar
Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Posts: 4433
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:37 am
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5
Location: Lost in my virtual universe
Contact:

Re: [9/27/2141] Kochikaze: Negotiations & Rebellion

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:48 pm

[ Dave how fast is your land speed ? ]

In Senrei:
The three tri-barrels on the right flank quickly finished reloading, and their gunners opened fire on full power. To Gabriel's right, one of the knights whom were standing in the front and deflecting shells via his Ironguard toppled backwards and fell as countless small explosions hammered and eventually shattered his armor. By the time his body fell to the ground, two of his limbs had already been torn off, his chestplate was destroyed, and his innards were flowing out of the mass gaps on his torso.
A yell then resounded from the commander on the right flank [Chromian]: "SWITCH TO EXPLOSIVE AMMO!!!" [If you character can't understand this, no-one repeated it over the comm. yet]

In the meantime, Sigmund leads his squad of CKs whom were taking cover behind the wall straight into the ground below...
[ They're 210ft away from you... ]

Group 2 reports that they are just about to reach the central park from the other side...
Group 3 was still stuck in the south, making slow and painful progress, and they were starting to incur serious casualties...



On the Sky Cruisers:
Only one of the three Powered Infantry troopers even made an attempt to dodge, and was nowhere fast enough. The breath of silvery fire hit them directly, melting the barrels of their railguns and penetrating weaker components of the powered armor. Two of them lost control as the pain of intense burns overcame them - one clutched what remained of his faceplate and began running around erratically while screaming, the other fell to one knew, holding a stump which was once his left hand. The third one charged-up an electro-katar on his left gaunlet and charged toward Gabriel, only to get smashed back the heavy pollarm of the other KV, a single hit which shattered his chestplate and sent his body hurling back - straight into the wall 20ft away where a sizable indentation was made.
Stormreach NPC Relations | Stormreach Encounter Map

Epicette Argyen (WotR Ledger)

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

User avatar
Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Posts: 2290
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:23 am
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
Location: Between the keyboard and chair

Re: [9/27/2141] Kochikaze: Negotiations & Rebellion

Postby Laharl » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:52 pm

Land speed is...60ft.
Haaaahahahaha!!!!

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

User avatar
Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Posts: 3473
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 2:57 am
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest
Location: Charm City
Contact:

Re: [9/27/2141] Kochikaze: Negotiations & Rebellion

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:15 pm

In the city...

Comm: Knights, on my mark, fall back around behind the street corner. Group 2, be weary as you head, they're fortified pretty heavily up here with heavy rail-guns and powerful ammo."

After this, he strafed up, and to the right (extraordinary concentration), while launching a fireball in the direction of the commander who just yelled. "MARK!" (42 fire, DC 20)

On the ship...

"I'll take the grounded one, you take the screamer. Make it quick."

Gabriel, halberd in hand, moved up within 10ft of the kneeling power-armored soldier, and brought his halberd down in a slashing motion.
(burning 1 charge fron IB;using enforcing strike; 1d20+42=58 atk; 16d6+22=83 dmg)
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:
Daveed Sunseeker
Gorin

User avatar
Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Posts: 4433
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:37 am
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5
Location: Lost in my virtual universe
Contact:

Re: [9/27/2141] Kochikaze: Negotiations & Rebellion

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:29 pm

Central Park, Senrei...
The fireball launched by Rodrich seems to have minimum effect on the armored powered-infantry, that is, if it did anything at all other than char their armor a bit.

Sigmund and the CKs should be coming out of the ground with another double-move...



Onboard the Sky Cruisers...
Gabriel's halberd comes straight down and cuts deeply into the the trooper's chest. Of course, if it weren't for the armor, he probably would have been sliced in half.

The KV nods and moves up to the last one, and with one swing smashes the trooper into another wall. He then looks back towards Gabriel, somewhat disgruntled looking, and claimed "I think the control room is this way."
[ Know(tech) and Navigate checks ]
Stormreach NPC Relations | Stormreach Encounter Map

Epicette Argyen (WotR Ledger)

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

User avatar
Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Posts: 2290
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:23 am
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
Location: Between the keyboard and chair

Re: [9/27/2141] Kochikaze: Negotiations & Rebellion

Postby Laharl » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:18 pm

I'm not sure this post is really necessary, but Sigmund orders a double move to right under the enemy location, then moves there himself.
Haaaahahahaha!!!!

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

User avatar
Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Posts: 3473
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 2:57 am
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest
Location: Charm City
Contact:

Re: [9/27/2141] Kochikaze: Negotiations & Rebellion

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:57 pm

In Senrei:
"Let's try this again."

Strafing a bit to right to obscure his position, Roderich sent another fireball, this one much more powerful, towards the extreme right of the enemy's forces. (Empowered Fireball, 63 fire damage, DC 25 half)


On the ship:
(Know Tech: 1d20+11=20)
(Navigate: No ranks, so how about Int check 1d20+5=21, or Wis check 1d20+5=15)
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:
Daveed Sunseeker
Gorin

User avatar
Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Posts: 4433
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:37 am
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5
Location: Lost in my virtual universe
Contact:

Re: [9/27/2141] Kochikaze: Negotiations & Rebellion

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:32 am

In Senrei...
Two of the tri-barrel teams that were caught in the center of the blast positively exploded in reaction to the fireball, hurling several troopers aside, but by no more than 20ft (they don't really look like they took too much damage, although one was flailing about as if in great pain).
The enemy retaliated as multiple guns opened fire at once upon Rodrich's position. The concentrated fire destroyed any obstacles granting cover and quickly tore through his EMS. The impact of the tri-barrel shells could not be felt thanks to Ironguard, but those same shells exploded on collision rather than bounced back...
Damage (post EMS): 218 (Reflex DC30 halves, DR applies tenfold)[No evasion]

Sigmund (and the CKs, presumably as he can't see through dirt) should be somewhere under the targeted position, when one of the CKs sent over the comm "Crap, went up too high, hope they didn't see that."


On the ship...
[ You think he's thinking in the right direction... although you have little clue yourself, frankly ]
Comm channel is calming down as the units finish reoriented themselves. It seems now heavy fighting has broken out across all three cruisers, and the Imperials were already starting to take the advantage, at least in where they are. One of the mage lieutenants note that the cruisers seem to be nowhere as manned as they should be - probably just operating on little more than skeleton crews.
Stormreach NPC Relations | Stormreach Encounter Map

Epicette Argyen (WotR Ledger)

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great


Return to “Actions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests