Moderator: Zanaikin

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Re: [9/27/2141] Kochikaze: Negotiations & Rebellion

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:58 am

In the city...
Roderich propelled himself out to the left, evoking another blast of fire towards the extreme left of the enemy."

(Empowered Fireball, 75 fire, DC 25 half)

On the ship...
"Alright, let's move." Gabriel nodded activating his ESMG.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:20 am

Sigmund gives the order for everyone to jump out together.

(Arcane Strike, 3rd level slot)
Attack Roll: 12 + 40 = 52
Damage: 3d8+8+3d4 = 28 (magic, adamantine, slashing, diamond)

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:01 pm

In Senrei...
Another explosion resounded as the fireball detonated the munitions of yet another tribarrel squad. The other KVs taking cover from the guns, catching onto Rodrich's example by now, were soon hurling fire spells of their own towards the defensive line. Secondary explosions soon rocked the entire battlefront. Yet in the meantime, a fresh platoon of light infantry in scattered-out formation arrived from the rear as reinforcements, being lead by what seems to be a few officers, one of them shouting constantly (can't hear anything exact over battle noise).
Volley fire on Rodrich:
Damage (post EMS): 277 (Reflex DC30 halves, DR applies tenfold)[No evasion]

On the right flank, Sigmund's CKs surface from under the ground and attacked the remaining troops there, who had lost some cohesion due to Rodrich's early spellfire but was by no means disorganized. Sigmund's attack seems to have taken the powered-trooper by surprise and cut into his armor, although not by much - and probably didn't cause anything worse than a light to moderate wound. The CKs managed to down only a few enemies before they started reacting, as the powered-infantry activated electric charged katars on their left arms and attacked the knights.
( attack vs. Sigmund : miss, miss )

Group 2 reports that they're in the central park (other side from Group 1) and we encountered only light uncoordinated resistance. The Lieutenant requests if he should have his grenadiers assault the fortifications or swing around and assist you (will still take a while since they can't go airborne over the fortifications directly, lest they be hammered down by the guns).

Group 3 is still fighting down south...

On the Ship...
Gabriel and the other KV heads down the corridor and comes upon an intersection between two major corridors. Down one end, a pair of closed heavy blast doors could be seen, while down the other end, the armored footsteps of power-infantry running towards this direction from another, unseen hallway could be heard. Guessing by the sounds, they're at least 90ft away, and numbering at least a half-dozen. (Perception check for a possible better guess on the numbers).
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:28 pm

In the City...
(Ref successful, Protection from Ranged Collapses, Armor DR soaks up the rest)
"Knights! Maintain fire, but continue to strafe to obscure your positioning! Group 2! Press Forward!"

After this, Roderich jettisoned himself back (as in, away from the enemy) 400ft while casting another Empowered Protection from Warding.

On the ship:
Gabriel signals for the Knight Vindicator to be silent for a moment.
(Perception 35)
Last edited by Mr_Praetorian on Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Active Characters:

Laharl
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:26 am

Sigmund casts Lightning Bolt, attempting to catch as many rebels in the line as possible.

Damage:
41 electricity

Ref DC 23 for half.

While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:47 pm

In Senrei...
A couple of the guns turned away from Rodrich as he withdrew backwards, while the other continued to fire upon him.
Damage (post EMS): 161 (Reflex DC30 halves, DR applies tenfold)[Evasion allowed this time]
[ Remember that spontaneously casting a metamagicked spell requires 1 round with my nerfs ]

One of the KVs responses in somewhat agitated manner: "Strafe? with what?"
A magic circle lit up the ground around one of the reinforcement officers, and several attack spells hurled by the KVs towards the enemy center vanished one after another as it neared the defense line. [Know(arcana) 29: Dispelling Screen/Wall of sorts]

On the right flank, Sigmund's lightning bolt sent a surge of electricity across three powered-infantry, their powered armor soon started smoking (and moving somewhat erratically) from the high voltage shock. The CKs had already destroyed the rightmost squad and were taking the advantage, although enemy reinforcement from the center and the rear were heading their way, including one who seems to be their leader [350ft away, guarded by 9 light infantry and 4 powered infantry].
Sigmund - Weave buffs received: Protection from Ranged (CL12), Delay Death (CL12)

On the Ships...
Gabriel hears around ten powered infantry, and probably followed by another six to ten light infantry whose footsteps were mostly muffled out by the noise of the powered armor suits. Within seconds, the first powered infantry turned the corner (100ft away), advanced a step before crouching down on one knee and opening fire with his shoulder-mounted railgun (miss)...
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:33 pm

In the city:
Roderich effortlessly dodged the spray of bullets (ref 36, evasion), and after completing his spell, surged forward 600ft (angled at a slight incline) while launching an Empowered Fireball (60 fire, DC 25) towards the enemy left.
"Knights! Switch target to the enemy's left. Give them one more good salvo, and then prepare to charge!"

AC: 49
Touch

Current Buffs:
Superior Resistance
Energy Immunity (Pure)
Energy Immunity (Fire)
Energy Immunity (Electricity)
Empowered Greater Mage Armor
Empowered Protection From Ranged (225/225)
Ironguard
Indomitability
Freedom of Movement
See Invisibility
Greater Heroism

EMSG (???/2000)

On the ship:
"Stay behind me! Be prepared to close the distance after I hit them with another burst of sacred flames." Gabriel said, as he moved 60ft towards the powered armor trooper.

Buffs on Main:
Empowered Superior Resistance
Energy Immunity (Fire)
Energy Immunity (Pure Energy)
Draconic Knowledge
Empowered Inner Beauty
Empowered Protection from Ranged (225/225)
Greater Insignia of Warding (+4)
Empowered Glibness
Tongues:

EMSG (2000/2000)

AC: 39
Touch AC: 20

Auras:
Senses (+4 to perception and initiative)
Energy Shield (8 sacred damage/attack will melee nonreach weapon)

[NOTE: Strafing = Jetting back and forth to obscure location]

Active Characters:

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:54 am

Sigmund calls over the comm, "Enemy reinforcements incoming on their right flank, led by someone who's pretty high up."

He then launches another Lightning Bolt at the enemy troopers nearby.

Damage: 46
DC: 23 (Ref half)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:34 pm

[ Drew: using Strafing in that manner that is a pure gaming term xD - check wiki for normal applications of 'strafing' ]

In Senrei...
Four more tri-barrel guns blew apart as their ammunition exploded from fire attack spells. Most of the gun crews weren't injured much as they weren't handling the ammo, except for a few gunners who took direct hits from Flame Strike spells.
At this point, only five tri-barrels in the center were still operational, although Rodrich's forward surge caused the gunners to reconcentrate their fire upon him once again. A mage amongst the reinforcements then fired a dispel at Rodrich...
Damage (post EMS): 109 (Reflex DC30 halves, DR applies tenfold)[No Evasion]
Dispel Checks: 26, 33, 23, 30, 35, 34, 35, 22, 18, 24, 23
[ I believed that killed your: Superior Resistance, Energy Immunity (Pure), Energy Immunity (Electricity), Empowered Greater Mage Armor, Empowered Protection From Ranged, Ironguard ]
[ Rodrich's current EMS is 0/2000 on first powercell and 2000/2000 on second ]

Sigmund disables another two troopers with his lightning spell, whilst the CKs pretty much finishes off the remnants of the right flank. But further to the center and the rear were enemy units that were either reorganized or still fresh. Particularly the light infantry from the rear, which began firing into the CKs. Most of the damage were absorbed by EMS, although a few knights took some light to moderate injuries.
A mage besides the commander then cast a spell, and Sigmund's entire position was suddenly covered in a dense fog that's near impossible to move about in...

On the Ships...
Eight powered-troopers came out of the cooridor within seconds, the first five leveled their railguns and shot at Gabriel...
[ 5Hits: 258 dmg to EMS ]
...while the last three charged at him with their electro-katars...
[ 1Hit/2Miss: 31 dmg + 10 electricity ]
...the last one, plus the lighter infantry following, were still around the corner.
The KV follows up to 10ft behind you.
|

()

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:44 am

Sigmund launches a Dispel Magic at the Solid Fog surrounding them.

Dispel Check: 26

Over the comms: "We've pretty much rolled up their right flank at this point, engaging their reinforcements."

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:59 am

In the City...
"Knights! The time is now! Charge the center! FOR THE IMPERIUM!" Roderich shouted over the telecomm, as he fired up a shaped AMF, and triggered his Divine Companion ability. While doing this he maneuvered about 50ft down, trying to use the flash of his spellcasting to hold the attention of the enemy. At this end of his turn, his form begins to distort, almost as though he was shifting back and forth at unbelievable speed... (free action to cast Haste)

Buffs:
AC: 57
Touch: 47

Current Buffs:
Energy Immunity (Fire)
Indomitability
Freedom of Movement
See Invisibility
Greater Heroism
Greater Invisibility
Haste

Haste Effects:
50% miss chance
40% failure of individually target spells

Shaped Antimagic Field
EMSG (2000/2000)

On the ship...
[Note: the one that hit me takes 8 sacred damage, as too might the others if they managed to make contact, but not breach the armor]
"Change of plans! Knock them back into their allies!" Gabriel roared as he stepped to the right, and brought the bunt side of his halberd upon on the power armored trooper in front of him, "aiming" for the gunners in the back. As he swung, his weapon briefly pulsed with holy power.

(Bastion jumps a Truestrike onto the attack; enforcing strike; 4 charges to power inertial booster; 1d20+49=68 atk (56 confirm); 67d6+78=319 dmg)
(Gabriel will also, as a swift action, expend a 5th level slot to bolster his aura bonus to +5 for the next 5 rounds)

[Free Intimidate Check: 29]

Aura Bonuses:
Perception +5, Initiative +5
10 sacred damage/hit.

Touch: 20

EMSG: (1742/2000)
PfR: (225/225)

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:27 pm

In Senrei...
The KVs took off from their cover beyond the park walls and surged forward while the guns were still focused on Rodrich. The initial charge smashed apart all the remaining tribarrels and hurled several powered infantry back into the trees. A few of the powered-infantry troopers seem to be taking steps back, while two of the officers in the center were doing their best to rally the forces. The mage (from last round) seems to have cast another spell, but no noticeable signs manifested...

Sigmund successfully dispels the Solid Fog, and just as it begins clearing you hear the enemy reinforcement officer shout "MARK!", followed by all of the light infantry hurling in a full volley of several dozen grenades.
Damage : 175 non-lethal bludgeoning (concussion) [Reflex DC 28][no evasion][not blocked by EMS]
Four of the CKs in the front went down, knocked out by the grenades' shockwaves.
[ Enemy light infantry forces ~120ft away ... ]

On the ships...
Gabriel's halberd smashed straight into the powered suit's chest armor, sending several metal fragments flying while hurling the soldier straight back, who knocked over two of the rail-gunners before slamming into the wall with brutal force, leaving a deep print of where it hit.
The other KV then brought his halberd down and smashed aside another one of the powered armor troops.
The powered infantry units were stepping back away from Gabriel, particularly the one still in melee, who seemed far more interested in defending himself than attempting to strike again. The five, six now, in the back took a few steps backwards and then fired another volley of slugs...
[ 6Hits: 272 dmg to EMS ]
The light infantry following them never emerged. You only heard a few curses from the side hallway and footsteps running away in the other direction.
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:37 am

In the city...
"Give the reinforcements another volley of spellfire! If you've no slots, then press forward!" Roderich yelled, as he dropped down in front of the enemy mage who had dispelled him earlier. Seconds later, the blunt side of his halberd was flying towards his foe.
(swift to burn a 7th level slot for arcane strike; 3 charges spent from inertial booster, 1d20+19=34 atk; 18d6+7d4+10=91 dmg)

AC: 57
Touch: 47

Haste Effects:
50% miss chance
40% failure of individually target spells

Shaped Antimagic Field
EMSG (2000/2000)

On the ship:
"Subdue that one!" Gabriel ordered, pointing to the power armored solider who backed away from him, as he surged forward, little wisps of sacred energy gathering around him. When he was in range of the 5 soldiers who had been shooting him, he unleashed his breath weapon. (expending an 8th level slot for +16d6 damage; 25d6=99 sacred damage, DC 25 ref for half)

Touch: 20

EMSG: (1472/2000)
PfR: (225/225)

Active Characters:

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:17 pm

(Ref: 15+17 = 32)

Sigmund fires off another Lightning Bolt. "Keep the pressure on, men!"

Damage: 53 (!)
Ref DC 23 Half

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:36 pm

[ Dave - forgot to note last round, DR applies threefold to the grenade damage you took ]

In Senrei...
Rodrich could almost notice the mage's ripcage shattering as his halberd smashed into it at high power. The mage in question flew back straight into a tree trunk, then rolled down, his body unmoving and his back bent at a strange angle. A few of the light infantry whom were around him looked at Rodrich in shock for a few seconds... and then bolted towards the rear...
In the meantime, the center of the insurgent's defensive formation was starting to fall apart under the KVs' attack...

Sigmund's lightning bolt fried (at least the suit) one of the last powered infantry who didn't manage to retreat to the center or the rear... (all enemies now 100+ft away)
The enemy officer signaled for his forces to hold, and shouted out "AGAIN! SECOND VOLLEY!"
Before the infantry could give a second volley, the CKs charged into their formation. A few unfortunate light infantry were killed or maimed with a single slash - they were clearly outclassed badly in a melee engagement. However, they also badly outnumber the handful of CKs remaining.

On the ships...
Gabriel's breath of silver fire smashed straight into the ranks of the gunners that were backing away. Five of them failed miserably to shield or dodge it... three of them soon started screaming as the fire burnt through more vulnerable parts (mostly the faceplate) and start flailing about. Two others seem to have been injured, but they fell back another 50ft and fired again at Gabriel. The last one, who managed to shield his suit's more vulnerable parts, took out a magazine of sorts from his back and hurled it towards Gabriel and the KV... which promptly exploded in a most violent manner...
[ 2 railgun hits: 122 damage to EMS ]
[ exploding magazine: 522 non-lethal bludgeoning damage ][DR applies tenfold][Reflex DC 25 halves][Not blocked by EMS]
You heard a clunk from behind you as the other KV fell to the ground, apparently knocked unconscious by the blast.
|

()

Return to “Actions”