Moderator: Zanaikin

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: Action Discussions

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:55 pm

Note, as Judson brought this up:

The Imperium does not have a system where the civil/political overseer (commissar) has more control than the military commander in a battlefield situation, that could lead to serious disasters. As a matter of fact, no official titles are ever given for a 'commissar' type in the structure. Paramilitary 'overseers' from the Order of Knight Vindicators are operating purely on a de-facto position. The military commander has absolute say in the chain-of-command over battle tactics and unit coordination.
The Knight Vindicators, acting as military police, can arrest military personnel who violate any laws outside of battle. However, if the violation happened during a battle, he can only file a priority notice be examined by a joint investigation between the Knightly Orders and Legion High Command. Also, military personnel of brigade-command or above cannot be arrested without first acquiring permission from a Grand-Master or any Marshal-ranked commander (although a Marshal might find it easily to directly remove the offender through military routes).
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:52 pm

Final Drafts for review.

Immediately following the repair of the communications relays that were destroyed, the FDND released the following message:

People of Chroma,
No doubt by now Delral and Faerskor have been drowning the media in attempt to decry as as tyrants and murderers, but, honestly, could there be a greater irony?

Let's be honest, do they really expect us all to think that the same people who have, for years, profited off of the prolonged conflicts of this world, are really interested in what's better for everyone?

No one in Kochikaze has been harmed, nor shall be harmed without due, justified cause. Nor did we threaten Kochikaze with any gratuitous loss of life; they surrendered agreeably, and peacefully. When the rest of the communications centers are finished being repaired after Moharan Infiltrators destroyed them, you will hear their own accounts.

In closing, we would only hope that you, the people of this world, truly consider who represents what's best for everyone, and who only represents themselves. For our part, we intend to do what we can to liberate this world from tyranny and conflict.

Perform (Oratory): 64
Bluff (for the bit about Mohara, if its necessary): 79

Coded Message to Kusanagi:

I won't be so presumptuous as to assert that I have a full grasp of the political scene on this planet, nor will I presume to be an expert on your people. But what I do know, is that Kusanagi once was, and can yet again be a great source of good and justice in this world. A world which, as I'm sure we both know, is in desperate need of both.

Though our people may be a galaxy apart in terms of culture and traditions, I believe that our two peoples have much in common with regard to ambitions. I believe that we both wish to see, and wish to help Chroma become a better world, and to see the conniving Moharans and the greedy Delral and Faerskor fade into the past.

Naturally, I wouldn't expect, nor desire to see Kusanagi tied up in what is clearly, for the the time being, Imperium Affairs. But, I do believe that its rather interesting that both Mohara's main battle force, and their war hounds, are focusing on us, and leaving their northern reaches rather weakened.

With Utmost Respect,
Sir Gabriel Rothwyn, Knight of the Imperium
Diplomacy: 77

Coded Message to Sendai
Your resistance against Moharan infiltration and annexation is commendable, and, if anything, it clearly shows that your people are proud of their heritage, and are willing to fight for it. Such things speak to a great sense of national identity and autonomy, two things that we Imperials find highly respectable.

My question is simple: Were an opportunity to inexorably halt Mohara's ambitions presented, would you be ready to seize it?

With Utmost Respect,
Sir Gabriel Rothwyn, Knight of the Imperium
Diplomacy: 71

Response to Mohara's Threat:
NUTS!
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:47 am

looks good to me [shrug]

post it on the action threads when you're ready =9
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:30 am

In light of the Massacre at the Broadcasting Station (a phrase my character will soon be spinning the hell out of), I suggest we lock down the more major stations with Imperium Details, and a squad of Cross Knights or two.

Active Characters:

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:20 am

About how big is the "large area" covered by a Greater Wave Absorption Field?

Specifically, approximately how large a force could a tactical version of the spell cover? A platoon? A company? Several companies? A whole brigade?
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:43 pm

large area? for spells, 40ft~80ft radius is about pretty large already. Given the looseness of Imperial formations (which at that speed is more necessity than not), a tactical sized version can't cover more than a company at tops.

I also don't remember listing you having any war magic units.

Also, I think the latest org. post I made also contain some info on Imperial infantry units...

EDIT: also, Greater Wave Absorption Field requires a Lvl18 to learn/cast...
|

()

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:47 pm

So, these Moharan infiltrators need to go.

My first thought would be to lay a sort of trap for them. Make it look like we're having another team rebuild the broadcast stations, with a few obvious but more or less ineffective security measures.

Have a team of Knights or other elite troops lying in wait, perhaps magically disguised as the workers, and when the infiltrators attack, kill them.

Not sure exactly how we would accomplish this, any thoughts?
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:46 pm

Dave, since 4 squads is pretty much your entire squadron, are you going on this maneuver personally ?
|

()

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Fri May 01, 2009 4:01 pm

EDIT: Yes I am. Were Simon's sheet done, I'd send him instead.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu May 07, 2009 8:28 am

Out of curiosity, am I being updated on the tactical situation?

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu May 07, 2009 1:04 pm

If you're with Brigade Command, then yes.

I'm not sure where you are currently is the problem.
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu May 07, 2009 1:16 pm

Well, if I was in the bridge command during the meeting. I could very well be there now, so lets just go with that.

Also, Judson, does the current battle plan involve any actual engagements with Asakura?

Active Characters:

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Thu May 07, 2009 5:29 pm

Depends what they do. We're not planning on attacking them, if thats what you're asking.
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Thu May 14, 2009 11:51 pm

Question: How far apart are our two forces currently?
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Mon May 18, 2009 3:21 am

I've lost track of how many juggernauts are still unharmed, damaged but still fighting, damaged and withdrawn, and destroyed. Could you post their status? Also, how far away are the armored companies from the juggernauts?
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Actions”