Action Discussions

Moderator: Zanaikin

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Re: Action Discussions

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:35 pm

Divine insight grants a 5+CL (max 15) boosts, meaning that since my CL is 16, I get +20. An empowered +20 yields a +30.

Unless I misinterpreted the spell description, in which it should be +22.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:54 pm

max typically refers to the max bonus not the max CL, unless it say 'max X at CL X'.
besides, balance wise, having a lvl2 spell with a lvl15 cap is pretty nuts. That usually doesn't happen till Lvl4 spells.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:57 pm

Duly noted.

This may take awhile, but Gabriel intends begin opening diplomatic relations with Asakura and the Kingdom of Mercure as soon he is able to do so. Including setting up a time to "meet" and "discuss" Chroman matters. Additionally, once Sigmund has officially freed the slaves, Gabriel will open up diplomacy with Akashi, Asagami, and Kusanagi.

Furthermore, Gabriel asks Gadar to begin to looking through the Kochikaze Government for promising young candidates, and for Balint to begin combing any archives for old maps and records of the continent. Gabriel wants to know every clan and territory that has been absorbed into Mohara, and how. He needs to know as many details around their annexation as humanly possible. Specifically, he wants Balint to look for patterns in the financial, governmental, and socio-economic landscape in the years and months leading up to it.

In the mean time, Gabriel will begin researching everything he can about Chroman Culture, down to the most subtle bargaining nuances. Additionally, he will begin working on learning the Chroman dialect.

Ongoing tasks:
1. Gadar's search for political candidates. (2 aids initially, will expand as needed)
2. Use of Balint's data and other information gathered through subterfuge in planning "Operation Blackout" until its commencement.

Priority/Order of Commencement List:
1. Diplomatics with Mercure begin.
2. Balint's info on Mohara (2 aids)
3. Diplomatics with Asakura begin.
4. Diplomatics with Senadai begin.

When the slaves are freed:
1. Diplomatics begin with Kusanagi begin.
2. Diplomatics with Akashi and Asagami begin concurrently.

After first engagement with Mohara:
1. Commence "Operation Blackout".

Notes:
Diplomatic Political Officers will be added to tasks as they are trained. Additionally, (effective immediately) Gabriel will b hiring ~20 aids/staffers to work in an Foreign Diplomatics and Negotiation Department (FDND) which will handle all current and future diplomacy with allies and foreign interests. When Balint has finished his research on Mohara, he will begin spending all of his available time on managing the office (switching off with Gabriel until he can remain on Chroma indefinitely).

Important: Any discussion of "Operation Blackout" (the propaganda war with Mohara) will be kept solely between Balint, Gabriel, Sigmund, and Ivan.

Active Characters:

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:52 pm

Base location: straight east of the point where Kochikaze, Asakura, and Tsutsui territory meet, about a quarter of the way across Kochikaze, preferably a good distance from major Kochikaze cities. (About where the "o" in Kochikaze's name is on the map)

Ivan also begins discussing an idea he had with Gabriel, Sigmund, Kasai, and various other high-ranking Imperial and Chromian individuals.

Incarnum Integration Research Division

Objectives:
Incorporate non-slave-reliant incarnum technology with Imperial technology for greater performance
Develop magical, technical, and magitech counters for powerful incarnum-slavery technology

Members:
Chromian:
Scientists
Mages
Incarnum Experts

Imperial:
Scientists
Mages
Artificers/Magitech experts

Leader:
The only person who comes to mind currently in our expedition is Viviane, and she seems like a sub-optimal choice, although we'll talk to her about it. Ideally a research expert from DAE would head up the project.

Considerations: Ease of offworld travel, security, environmental effects on magic performance.
If set up off-world it would be safe from Moharan and other infiltrators, and so if transportation allows I'd prefer it to be on either Penthiae or Astraea.

Specific Objectives:
Develop Anti-incarnum magitech
-reduce effectiveness of Incarnum bubble shields, or find a way to bypass them entirely
Integrate incarnum with Imperial magitech and normal technology to enhance performance
Develop high-level anti-incarnum spells
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:34 am

reminder that this is an OOC thread...
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:08 am

Ok, initial thoughts:

This is where we need to use our speed to our advantage, striking hard and fast against the still-dispersed enemy force.

One thing we could do is to circle around the main Tsutsui base and hit the Moharan force while they are still far, far away from the rest of the allied force. This is good because the Moharan fleet is a bit less powerful and not dug into fortifications. However, I'm not sure whether we have the speed for this, or an easy way to bypass Tsutsui fortifications. How long would it take us to intercept the Moharan forces, based on current estimates of their route and speed, and what general area would that be in? Are there Moharan fortifications near the Tsutsui border that they could fall back to in order to avoid a head-on open-air engagement? Are there areas in Tsutsui with light enough fortification that we could slip/smash through without being intercepted by their primary force? Could the main Tsutsui force reach a valuable target in Kochikaze while we are circling around and fighting the Mohara?

The other alternative is to launch a head-on assault against the main Tsutsui base, trying to obliterate their forces before their reinforcements arrive, and hopefully quickly enough to catch the other two Tsutsui forces before they can meet up with the Mohara fleet. This would give us pretty solid control over the Tsutsui territory, allowing strikes into Asakura or Mohara without worry about the powerful(ish) Tsutsui fleet hitting us from behind. Unfortunately, the Tsutsui fleet is larger than the Mohara one, and we would also have to fight our way through Tsutsui's main military base, which will make the battle somewhat more difficult. Do we have any idea what kind of defenses the Tsutsui fortifications have?

Question: Can the Kochikaze defenses reasonably be expected to hold off the Asakura, should the Asakura fleet invade while the 77th is off in Tsutsui and Mohara? How far are the Asakura and Tsutsui fleet assembly points from the closest valuable targets in Kochikaze?

As far as propaganda goes, I had a couple thoughts, although this is not my specialty.

Replace the broadcast equipment that got destroyed, make a show of goodwill on that front. Also make an effort to root out Moharan infiltrators, although that is a more long-term project.
Deny charges of indiscriminate civilian killing and threatening the Kochikaze. Have some Kochikaze officials verify our story.
Attack the Delral and Mohara on their attempts to keep the various conflicts going, their war profiteering, and their slavery.
Open negotiations immediately with the Tsukuyomi, Kusanagi, Akashi, and Asagami. Objectives would be to establish that we want peace and freedom, not war, and that the likes of Delral and Mohara are not good for Chroma. Basically the same message as our general propaganda, except more direct and personalized to each state's values.

Do we have any info on why the Tsukuyomi didn't jump on the "declare war" bandwagon?
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:10 am

Also, looking at the map, we might be able to circle through the Tsuchimikado forest, destroying the Tsutsui eastern force before we hit the main Mohara fleet and its two mini-fleets.
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:46 am

|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:07 am

uploaded a map with some info, the forces (arrows), Asakura/Tsutsui's main defenses (triangles), and Kochikaze's cities (circles) are in. Also put in sig
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:38 am

This is what I have so far:

Immediate Reactions from FDND:

1. Quickly repair the broadcasting equipment destroyed by Moharan Infiltraitors.

2. Begin rapidly spreading video statements of Kochikaze ministers denying that none of their people have been harmed.

3. Release of counter-broadcast (1st draft):

Attention Citizens of Chroma,

No doubt, by now, news of the Imperial landing in Kochikaze has reached the ears of the world, and, surely, we have all heard the proclamations that decry our actions. They will call us butcherers and tyrants. But, I think it bear's mentioning who is asking for all of this.
As noble as Delral and Faerskor may appear in their call to arms. Surely we have not all forgotten that it is them who have built a veritable empire on wars that have raged across this planet. Ask yourselves something: Do Delral and Faerskor really have your interests in mind? Presuming that we are in fact kicked off of Chroma, who has the most to benefit from maintaining the status quo? For centuries they have been content to sit in their country and watch the world rip itself apart, and, yet, now they decide to raise the banner for Chroman Solidarity? Certainly, Chroma has its own values and traditions, but I believe that it is not off to say that most of you do not include "Profit by virtue of ceaseless conflicts and depraved treatment of certain individuals" into your cultural rites.
Allow me to make something clear. We are not here to eradicate you, nor are we here to oppress you. We are here to free you from the endless cycle of blood and death that has gripped your planet for far too long. We have no desire to shed any more blood than is necessary. But understand, that we will not be bullied, nor will be tempted away from our goals of liberation and order. Neither the propaganda of Delral and Faerskor nor the criminal machinations of Mohara will scare us. Too many on this planet currently suffer for us to do so.
Our soldiers and machines of war stand at the ready, and are more than prepared to take the fight to our enemies. We have come to liberate this planet from corruption and tyranny, and we have no intention to fail. We will accept nothing less than an end to slaughter for this world.
Perhaps, to your ears, the notion that a strange extra-planetary force from the oblivion of space will bring about so much change is madness. Yet, I would ask one last thing: Imagine a life where Chroman's stood together united in their values and mutual welfare, where the petty infighting of previous eras had all but faded. Now, ask yourselves, could such a world truly be brought into existence by Delral and Faerskor. Or, for that matter, would they even want one?

4. Establish diplomatic contact with Kusanagi.

5. Establish diplomatic contact with Akashi, Asagami, and Tsukuyomi.

Active Characters:

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:39 am

Okay, arrival of the new brigade changes things somewhat.

Current idea:

77th Brigade blows through the southern Asakura (as outlined in option 3.) to attack the main Mohara force. If the Tsutsui primary force tries to move on Kochikaze before we pass the base, the 77th moves to intercept them outside the range of their fortifications.

If they wait until after we pass their base and then move on Kochikaze, the 42nd should have enough time to pass fully through the teleportation circle and be ready to meet them (I think this is how the times work out. Correct me if I'm wrong).

If the Tsutsui move after us to try to flank us with the primary Mohara force, we cut south, take out the two small Mohara forces, then circle around back into Kochikaze. (Assuming that they are able to time it effectively so that the main Mohara force and the Tsutsui force are able to hit us at the same time. If they fail to do this, we turn around and attack the Tsutsui as soon as they get out of range of their fortifications.)

If the Asakura and Tsutsui try to pincer us with forces from their main bases as we blitz through, we move aggresively to engage the Asakura force before the Tsutsui can reach us, then continue on into Mohara.

Any options I missed? Anything wrong with what I've outlined above?
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:03 am

|

()

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:59 pm

Given the risk of being pincered and the amount that the landship slows us down, trying to break through between the main Tsutsui and Asakura bases looks pretty risky. We might be able to pull it off, and we might be able to confront and destroy one side of a pincer before they can complete a flanking maneuver, but there is a lot of risk involved.

The other option is to move around the south and hit the two smaller Mohara forces. This is not nearly as risky, since theres not much risk of being outflanked, trapped, or forced to retreat without a decisive engagement. Further, the enemy forces we will hit are split into two smaller groups, meaning that our casualties will likely be significantly less. However, we can only realistically destroy 8 enemy ships, as opposed to the 13 or more that might come from the breakthrough maneuver.

If we do this, we are in a pretty good position to maneuver. If the enemy fleet comes after the 77th, we can retreat back to the Southwest into the Tsuchimikado while the 42nd launches a surprise offensive into the enemy's home territory. If the main enemy force heads into Kochikaze, we can follow after them and be in a good position to pincer them between us and the 42nd Brigade.

Trying to attack the main Tsutsui force head on in their base seems like a bad idea. They have only slightly less than half of the enemy fleet assets, and the added advantage of a fortified defense position. This option would probably be slightly worse, and not any better, than simply waiting for the enemy forces to assemble and then facing them head-on with both our brigades.

I'm leaning towards the plan of circling around through the Tsuchimikado now. Any input is welcome, especially if it looks like I'm overlooking something.
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:22 pm

Tactical will suggest cutting across central/southern Tsutsui. Circling around the Tsuchimikado will likely take a long time and allow the two smaller Mohara forces to get closer to each other or the main force, especially if they get news of our movement. Also, while unlikely, the unknown woods of Tsuchimikado may present unforeseen obstacles. Lastly, while we don't have much information on their southern fortifications, a guard against barbarians of the forest isn't likely to be too much; and if they are powerful fortifications, that would only increase the dangers of the forest.

( maybe more ideas later... )
|

()

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:14 pm

Seems like solid reasoning.

I was also wondering if it would be feasible to evacuate the two smaller cities near the border with Tsutsui and Asakura. While I don't think it would be good to mandate evacuation, it would probably be for the best to give an announcement warning that there might be conflict in the area, and provide transportation for those who want to leave. That way we can avoid a chaotic flux of refugees if people do want to leave, and hopefully minimize danger to civilians if there is conflict around that area. Drew, this is more your area, any input?
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Actions”