Sigmund Staufen (Laharl's Character)

Moderator: Zanaikin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sigmund Staufen (Laharl's Character)

Postby Laharl » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:36 am

Sigmund Staufen
Male Heightened Human
Crusader 3/Fighter 2/Kreuzritter 10
Magus 5/Divine Oracle 10
Lawful Good
Action Points: 5/7

Str 10+4equip+4enh=18
Dex 14+4enh=18
Con 14+2equip+4enh=20
Int 14
Wis 14+2enh=16
Cha 14+2racial+3levels+2inh+4enh=25

HD: 10+4d10+10d8+15*Con
HP: 145
AC 10+5insight+4Dex+12plate+6shield+1nat+1defl
FF 35
Touch 20 (Touch FF 16)
Init +4=4dex
Speed 30feet ()
BAB/Grp: +15/+19
DR 13/-
*25% fortification

SAVES
Fort 9base+5Con+3resist=+17
Ref 5base+4Dex+5insight+3resist=+17
Will 11base+3Wis+7Cha+2+3resist=+24
*Evasion, trap sense+3, reroll 1/day

ATTACKS
1) ARC Saber
Bonus: 15BAB+5insight+1enh+3qual+3mct+3DS+4Str=+34/+29/+24
Damage: 3d8+4+4Str=3d8+8, 17-20/x2
*Focus +3, Cartridge Loader (expend one as swift, two as move, reload a clip of 12 as move, retains for 1min, store 20levels)
*Arcane Strike at +1/+1d6 by expending all stored levels, shatter force with a dispel at CL+1/level expended
*Spend 20levels, 10and15' reach, 20d6 force (focus enh), free Cleave upgrade
*Slashing, Adamantine, Diamond
+10 insight ranged

SKILL POINTS 18+8+60+30+15=131
SKILLS
Perception 15rank+3Wis+10equip+3train=+31
Knowledge[arcana] 5ranks+2Int+3train=+10
Knowledge[religion] 2rank+2Int+3train=+7
Knowledge[politics/nobility] 15ranks+2Int+6aff+3train=+26
Spellcraft 15ranks+2Int+3train=+20
Concentration 15ranks+2Int+3train=+20
Diplomacy 15ranks+7Cha+6aff+3train+15comp=+46
Sense Motive 15ranks+3Wis+6aff+3train=+27 (+35 on people within 15')
Knowledge[local] 2ranks+2Int+3train=+6
Gather Info 5ranks+7Cha+3train=+15
Knowledge[history] 5ranks+2Int+3train=+10
Stealth 2ranks+4Dex+3train=+9
Search 2ranks+2Int+3train=+7
Pilot 3ranks+4Dex+3train=+10
Fly 11ranks+4Dex+3train=+18
Computer Use 3ranks+2Int+3train=+8

FEATS
Hu: Extraordinary Concentration
He: Power Attack
Mag: Arcane Preparation
1HD: Urban Tracking
Mag: Scribe Scroll
3HD: SF: Know[arcana]
Ftr1: Combat Expertise
Ftr2: Cleave
5HD: Iron Will
Mag5: Enlarge Spell
6HD: Heroic Spirit
7HD: Arcane Strike
9HD: Divine Shield
11HD: Improved Combat Expertise
11HD: Action Boost
13HD: Action Surge
15HD: Item Familiar[XX]

HEIGHTENED ABILITIES
Ability Bonus
Adaptive Learning
Bonus Feat

CRUSADER ABILITIES
Furious Counterstrike
Steely Resolve 5
Indomitable Soul
Zealous Surge

KREUZRITTER ABILITIES
Aura of Good
Divine Sorcery 6
Enlarged Devotion Weave - Eldritch Tapestry + Shield Other (my half is nonlethal)
Turn Undead

MAGUS ABILITIES
School Specialization: Divination

DIVINE ORACLE ABILITIES
Oracle Domain
Scry Bonus - +1DC to [scrying]
Trap Sense +3
Divination Enhancement - roll 2x on divinations that require them
Improved Uncanny Dodge (rog level 14)
Immunity to Surprise - always gets at least a standard action if there's a surprise round

MANUEVERS [IL 14, 9K, 4R, 2S]
Devoted Spirit: Vanguard Strike, Radiant Charge, Rallying Strike, Divine Surge
White Raven: White Raven Strike, War Leader's Charge
Iron Heart: Steel Wind, Iron Heart Surge, Lightning Recovery

STANCES
White Raven: Leading the Charge
Devoted Spirit: Aura of Perfect Order

SPELLS KNOWN [CL 15]: 6/4/4/4/4/3
0th: Do you really care?
1st: True Strike, Healthful Rest[SC], CLW, Comprehend Languages
2nd: Friendly Face [RoDe], Wraithstrike, Resist Energy, Detect Evil
3rd: Dispel Magic, CSW, Glibness, Clairaudience/Clairvoyance
4th: Major Resistance, Voice of the Dragon [SC], Scrying, Freedom of Movement
5th: True Seeing, Greater Blink

SPELLS PER DAY: 4/4/3/3/3/2
SPELLS PREPARED:
0th: Again, do you really care?
1st: True Strike, Improvisation, Healthful Rest, Nerveskitter, Comprehend Languages, Endure Elements
2nd: Friendly Face, Divine Insight, Locate Object
3rd: Lesser Telepathic Bond, Haste, Unluck, Bands of Steel
4th: Major Resistance*, Voice of the Dragon, Recitation
5th: Mage's Private Sanctum, GDM
*: Daily buff

SPELLBOOK
1st: Improvisation, Nerveskitter, Heroics
2nd: Zone of Truth, Dark Way[SC], Divine Insight[SC], Locate Object, See Invisibility, Invisibility
3rd: Bands of Steel[SC], Lesser Telepathic Bond[SC], Unluck[SC], Haste, Lightning Bolt
4th: Legend Lore, Greater Invisibility, Panacaea, Recitation, Ray Deflection
5th: Mage's Private Sanctum, Greater Dispel Magic, Xorn Movement, Lightning Leap[CMage]
6th: Superior Resistance, Chain Lightning

AFFILIATION BONUSES
+2 Inherent Cha
+6 Diplo, Sense Motive, Know[nobility]

EQUIPMENT
Military Implants [Magical Component: +4 physical, 5th level slot, Sensors] (10k)
EMSG
Gravpack
Cape of Charisma +4 and Diplomacy +15 (20.5k)
Imperial Officer Uniform
Ring of Sustenance and Arming and Deflection +1 (3.5k)
Periapt of Wisdom +2 and Natural Armor +1 (4k)
ARC Saber
Assault Plate [+3 Diamondsteel Mct[+3] Banded Plate]
Assault Shield [+3 Diamonsteel Energy-Immunity[MIC] Mct[+3] Heavy Shield]
Blessed Book, 5k

CRYSTALS
Earth: 0
Wind: 0
Fire: 0
Water 0
L10: 1
L4: 3 (7.2k)

LANGUAGES
Imperial
German
Japanese

History:
Sigmund was born on Astraea about five years after the conquest of Penthiae. Lothaire was a pretty distant father, what with his duties to the Emperor, but when he was around, he was a loving, albeit stern father. When he was around, Lothaire tended to pose political and/or moral questions at the dinner table and Sigmund was expected both to answer them and to defend his answers to his father. This taught the growing boy and future politician both how to debate and how to reduce a complex question to a more manageable problem. Crown Princess Henrietta, as the only other Heir within a few years of Sigmund's age, was around a great deal and the two eventually came to look upon each other as siblings, as was Hikari, whom Sigmund had always liked, even if she tried to dress him up in strange outfits entirely too frequently (Sigmund's been teased about the catboy incident since he was five years old). When Sigmund was twelve, however, he and his brother Aksel got some small revenge with the help of Hikari's daughter Hitomi by casting an invisibility spell on Hikari's wardrobe while she was in the shower.

Sofiya spent several years teaching Sigmund the basics of his Seer abilities and how to open his Inner Eye through meditation and trance. At a young age, this was all that could be taught to him, so Sofiya spent as much time teaching him to interpret his visions as how to control them so they did not control him. More would have to wait upon his mental and magical maturation.

About this time, Lothaire began involving himself more and more in Sigmund's life as he taught his son the skills necessary for high political authority: reading people, careful word choice, and putting people at ease to make them more trusting. Despite all he was learning, these years were among the most boring of Sigmund's life, as Lothaire hauled him from one "high society" event to another. Intellectually he knew he was getting a priceless series of lessons in effective politicking, but that didn't stop him from remaining bored as few people wanted to talk to a twelve-year old whose voice had yet to crack, even if he was an Imperial Heir.

At fifteen, Sigmund was ready for Cross Knight training. Naturally, he excelled at nearly every aspect, though he especially enjoyed the expeditions to Astraea's surface to hunt dinos for teamwork exercises. Doing so with a gravpack made the hunts even more fun, if rather less stealthy. At this point, he began to see exactly how useful his father's lessons had been as he was able to skip some of the introductory political courses by demonstrating his expertise at yet more dinners and parties. To fill his time as he took the other introductory level courses, he decided to take Japanese and discovered he had a flair for the language. The magical instruction Sigmund received here brought his Seer abilities to new levels, requiring him to take extra time to regain his control, lest his Sight overwhelm him.

After graduation, Sigmund was assigned a position in Starfall on Penthiae. The new graduate took to his duties with zeal (quite possibly a little too much...) and burned out after a year, needing three months forced vacation in Eos back on Astraea. Armed with the knowledge that it's okay to take a break, he was reassigned to Penthiae, this time to Haven, where he quite accidentally detected a number of elven agents. Reporting them to his commander, the agents were quickly brought in and their contact was deported. Sigmund was then promoted to Knight-Captain and moved to Trias. After two years there, a niggling detail managed to catch his eye: supplies were vanishing. His Sight led him to believe that this was important.

After three months on the case, he found a Knight Vindicator, Gabriel Rothwynn, following the same evidence he was. The two decided to team up, realizing they were after the same man. Sigmund and his team worked the administrative and bureaucratic angles while Gabriel worked the military side. Between them, they were able to pin down the culprit, though too late. The 77th Brigade was devastated along with its barracks and surrounding buildings. Despite his failure, Sigmund and his team were commended for their effort and Sigmund was given a new XO, Simon Graber. The two loathed each other at first sight: Simon was exactly the sort of super-serious workaholic Sigmund had grown to love teasing and playing small pranks on, while Sigmund's lack of "focus" all the time grated on Simon. Despite their personal issues, however, they made a fantastic team, so Sigmund specifically asked that Simon join him on the Chroma expedition.

Personality:
Sigmund comes across as a generally serious person until you get to know him a little better, at which point his sarcastic and fun-filled side comes out. He is a very detail-oriented person, occasionally missing the forest for the trees. That said, his Sight has a remarkable tendency to fill in those little gaps for him, though it's extremely jarring when he stops midsentence and freezes for three or four seconds, his mind clearly elsewhere. His hobbies include calligraphy, skydiving, hunting, and sudoku.

Appearance:
Sigmund is on the short side but is a powerfully built man. He is a fine physical specimen, as is to be expected of someone genetically engineered to be better than the average human. His brown hair is kept short to keep it out of his light brown eyes. When out of uniform, he generally dresses in blues and greens.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Laharl
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Re: Sigmund Staufen (Laharl's Character)

Postby Laharl » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:38 pm

Cohort:

Simon Graber
Male Human
Magus 5/Kreuzritter 9
Crusader 6/JPM 2/Knight Justiciar 6
Lawful Neutral (I haven't checked alignment reqs on the PrCs, but this is the alignment I envision him as)

History:
-unenventful childhood (watched other kids get in trouble for breaking the rules)
-joined the CKs straight out of college
-made a name for himself as a rules-loving bureaucrat
-rose slowly, causing some resentment against those who rose faster
-got a break when assigned to Sigmund as his XO

Personality:
-Officious, able to quote portions of the Imperial Code from memory
-Efficient
-Focused, driven

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Return to “Characters”