Makoto Hikaru (Squall's Character)

Moderator: Zanaikin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Makoto Hikaru (Squall's Character)

Postby Squall255 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:19 pm

Makoto LG Azurin Vampire
Incarnate 5 Dantist 10 / Bard 10 Seeker of the Song 5

STR: 18 +4
DEX: 16 +3
CON: 21 +5
INT: 14 +2
WIS: 10 +0
CHA: 22 +6

HP: 6+56+75+52+15=204/204
Fast Healing 2

AC: 24=10+7(armor)+4(shield)+3(Dex)
Touch: 13
FF: 21
DR 2/-
Initiative: +5

Fort: 18 = 7/ 4+5(Con)+1(Resistance)+5(racial)
Ref : 12 = 4/ 8+3(Dex)+1(Resistance)
Will: 12 =11/11+0(Wis)+1(Resistance)
Evasion
+5 vs. Sleep and Paralysis
Immune to Death Effects, Disease, Poison, and Energy Drain, Positive Energy
Negative Energy heals 50% of damage

BAB: +7/+2 // +10/+5

2 Claws +14/+14 1d4+4

Skills:
+38 Bluff (6 Cha)(15 ranks)(3 Trained)(10 Insight)(5 Racial)
+38 Diplomacy (6 Cha)(15 ranks)(3 Trained)(10 Insight)(4 Affiliation)
+11 Heal (0 Wis))(4 ranks)(3 Trained)(4 Affiliation)
+20 Knowledge (Arcane)(2 Int)(15 ranks)(3 Trained)
+20 Knowledge (Nature) (2 Int)(15 ranks)(3 Trained)
+10 Knowledge (Local) (2 Int)(1 rank)(3 Trained)(4 Affiliation)
+23 Perception (0 Wis)(15 ranks)(3 Trained)(5 Racial)
+31 Perform(song) (6 Cha)(15 ranks)(3 Trained)(3 Focus)(4 Affiliation)
+10 Research (2 Int)(5 ranks)(3 Trained)
+33 Sense Motive (0 Wis)(15 ranks)(3 Trained)(10 Insight)(5 Racial)

+ 23 Stealth (3 Dex)(15 Ranks)(5 Racial)

Feats:
Race: Arcane Flourish
HD1: Melodic Casting
HD3: Skill Focus Perform Song
HD5: Song of the Heart
HD7: Lingering Song
HD9: Bonus Essentia
HD11: Subsonics
HD13: Bonus Essentia
HD15: Improved Toughness

Racial:
Cannot be Raised/Resurrected
Bloodscent: You can smell blood within one mile of range, and you can remember living creatures by the smell of their blood.
Blood Drain: 1d2 constitution drain, usable by pinning a foe and succeeding a grapple check; each point of constitution damage heals one point of ability damage or hit points equal to character level.
Blood Addiction: must drain 2 points of constitution per day from a humanoid or receive 1 point of ability damage to each ability score (Will DC 20 negates, +1 per day without enough blood).
Energy Drain: 1 negative level on touch at will, fortitude DC to remove after 24hrs (charisma-based DC); each negative level bestowed heals 5 hit points or grant 5 temporary hit points.
Spider Climb: as the spell in constant effect
Vampire Weaknesses: sunlight, holy symbol, water

Incarnate:
Soulmelds
Essentia pool 19
Expanded Soulmeld Capacity +1
Incarnum Radiance (+2 AC or Melee Attack) 1/day
Rapid Meldshaping 1/day
Aura
Detect Evil
Detect Chaos

Bard:
spellcasting
Bardic Music 15/day
Bardic Knack (+5)

Dantist:
Music Investment
Timeless Body

Seeker of the Song:
Rapture of the Song +2AC and Saves
Combine Songs
Subvocalize

Soulmelds(essentia)[*means Chakra bound] Meldshaper level 15
Enigma Helm(0)*(Head): immune to Compulsion
Impulse Boots(0)*(Feet): Evasion
Silver Tongue Mask(4)*(Eyes): +10 to Bluff Diplomacy Sense Motive
Lucky Dice(3): +1 Luck to Attack or damage or saves or skills (all 2d6=7)
Planar Ward(0): immune to charm and compulsion for ongoing control
Vitality Belt(4): +level*essential HP
Bluesteel Bracers(0): +2 Initiative

Soulbound Clasp Constitution(4)
Bardic Music(4)

Songs:
Countersong
Healing Hymn
Inspire Courage +4
Song of the Heart
Suggestion
Inspire Greatness
Song of Freedom
Inspire Heroics
Burning Melody
Song of Unmaking
Dirge of Frozen Loss
Song of Life
Anthem of Thunder and Pain
Song of Soul Invigoration
Aria of Inner Tranquility
Anthem of Incarnum Wrath

Bardic Spellcasting (CL 15)
Bard 15 casting.

Gear:
Gloves of Dex +2
Belt of Constitution +2
Soulbound Clasp (on the belt)
Cloak of Charisma +2 and Resistance +1
Ring of Sustenance
Amulet Casting Focus +3
+2 Heavy Steel Shield
+2 Mithril Breastplate

Languages: Chromian, Spirit, Gnome
Last edited by Squall255 on Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:17 pm, edited 5 times in total.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Squall255

Re: Makoto Hikaru (Squall's Character)

Postby Squall255 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:20 pm

Backstory:

Makoto Hikaru (“Sincere” “Radiance”) was named by his parents for the peculiar color Incarnum formed as he wielded it. Even as a child it has a yellowish golden tinge to it, that made him appear mellow and honest. He was born of two free Azurin members of Asa, and grew up there just as any child in the monastery. He had always been a personable sort, and the other kids looked to him as a good friend. His adaptability helped him win a few games around the monastery, though not as many as some of the other kids who focused in the games. His parents noted his keen sense of pitch early, and he sang in the monastery choir as soon as he was able. He learned the hymns with a fair amount of aptitude, as well as keeping up with physical training in his spare time. His parents loved his Jack of all Trades mentality, and encouraged him to do as many things as he could, but were sure to instill a deep connection to nature through their nightly meditation. His parents taught him a lot about Incarnum, including how to focus it to keep one’s mind clear, as well as to see through deceit.
After he came of age, he was taught the sacred songs of the Asa and trained in how to infuse his very words with Incarnum for the betterment of all of the Incarnum blooded. This was a turning point in his life, for he had always held a deep sympathy for his enslaved brethren, but now he could actually go and do something to help them. He was assigned first to Delral and Faerskor for maintenance purposes. He performed his duities well, and spent a fair bit of time conversing with the other Asa members over what could be done over the plight of the enslaved races. After a year, he was re assigned, this time to Bisha, so that he might get to see some more of the world and that the warzone might calm him some.
Being outside and in the fresh air most certainly helped him meditate and realize that an outright uprising wouldn’t accomplish anything, save massive loss of life. He also learned a to better commune with the spirits of Incarnum and form pacts with them using his music. Occasionally at night he would summon such beasts in order to speak with them about the goings on of the planet, and simply to relax through song. After another year passed, Jinnan requested more maintenance, and so Makoto was sent in to [Jinnan’s main city]. After about 6 months working there, the maintenance job started to take significantly longer to empower the machines. This made Makoto curious as to what was happening in Jinnan with the war still going on. He left after curfew heading for the storage facility. After sneaking in, he saw the bins upon bins of slave capsules, and was overcome by emotion. After he started crying out in surprise, he was quickly captured and found guilty of attempting to free the slaves. He was sentenced to death, and placed in a cell. That evening, he was brought out of the prison, and walked up to Yuuki Jinnan’s room. Due to the death of his wife, he was in need of a source of blood, and what better way to get rid of a death row criminal, especially one that Asa would come and ask questions about. However, Yuuki was not expecting him to shrug off the spawn protection spell (which Makoto had mistaken for a curse or weakening spell). Makoto sat there in horror as Yuuki drained away his life. The thing that troubled him most was that Yuuki was himself an Azurin, which Makoto could tell the second he laid eyes on him. How someone could sit back and watch as their species were mercilessly enslaved and used as power was something Makoto blames Yuuki for to this day. After a few minutes, Makoto passed out from the blood loss.
When he awoke, he was buried under loose soil. As he dug himself out, he realized that it was a shallow grave, which meant he’d been taken for dead. The second thing he noticed was that the sun was out and it was bright. Painfully bright. He quickly ducked into a shadow and sat there a moment recovering from the strange pain brought on by the light of the sun. It wasn’t particularly warm, but the light made him ache all over, as if his body was rejecting something within it. Looking down at his hands he thought “What’s happened to me?” At which point he noticed a strange scent in the air. Upon further thought, he decided that it must be blood. Looking over himself, he decided that it wasn’t his own blood for that had been mysteriously cleaned away. Thinking back over his bardic magic, he recalled a spell of darkness, and after casting that, tentatively walked back out into the sunlight. “Well, at least the sun isn’t still trying to kill me.” He thought as he tried to follow the smell. After following the trail through the woods for about 5 minutes, he noticed that ahead of him was a group of children, one of which had a cut on his arm and a skinned knee. Realizing in horror that it was indeed the child’s blood that he was smelling, and a sudden strange craving to drink from the child’s wound, he fled back into the forest. He spent the rest of the day in an abandoned shack that he found shortly after fleeing from the children. Not really knowing what to do, he decided to try and quench his thirst with water. When he reached the pool (after the sun had set) he noticed that his eyes were now a deep red instead of the brown that they use to be. His teeth were also sharper, with elongated canines. “I’m… I’m a vampire…” Makoto said as tears came to his eyes and realization dawned upon him. Realizing the curse that Yuuki had unknowingly placed upon him, Makoto vowed that he would not let Yuuki continue his disinterest in his own people. He would pay for what he has done to his people, and for cursing Makoto.
Understanding finally that the only change that comes quickly is evil change, the newly arisen vampire decided that he would need help becoming accustomed to his new life. “Best to stay hidden for a short time, and fully discover my weaknesses.” He thought as dawn approached. “And the first one I must overcome is the sun.” as he ducked back into the abandoned shack to sleep. Over the next month and a half, he learned what it meant to be an addict. To crave and need something that you despise, and to despise yourself for your need. He quickly found the limits to his ability to control his craving (about a week). Otherwise, he survived feeding off of the slavers that he was able to find wandering to and from the front lines of the battles with Bisha. During the day he either slept or worked on developing a protection from sunlight spell, as well as reviewing disguise spells such as Alter Self. His sleep was very interrupted for the first few days, before he remembered that Yuuri’s room had no bed, only a coffin. He also found the hole in the ground that he crawled out of oddly comforting. As such, he forced himself to construct a coffin, if only to allow him to sleep at night. He was glad to notice that his soulmelds still held their amber color, which would make the disguise easier to pull off.
After he felt confident in his abilities (2 months after turning) he gathered his newfound gear which he had been liberating from the slavers he had killed he set out on a shadow walk back to Asa in search of aid in dealing with his vampirism. Upon return to his Asa, he disguised his appearance using magic, and stashed his coffin in the nearby woods. He survived his addiction by drinking blood that he had bottled from the slavers he had killed in the previous month. It took him about two weeks of regular activities, always done under shade and careful disguise before he was able to meet one of his old friends and mentors and be confident of not being killed. [Placeholder name] was still the chief diviner and truth seeker of the temple, and had always had an affection for Makoto. The young vampire decided that he would be the best to come forward to, for he wouldn’t be able to lie to him for long anyway.
He chose the night after the full moon, to give the diviner some light to see by. About an hour after the sun had set, he went to the priest’s quarters and knocked softly. [Placeholder Name] let him in commenting “That is the knock of someone who has been hiding something.”
“You speak as true as you ever did Master. I’m sure you’re aware of Jinnan’s report of what happened.”
“I am.”
“Well, something else happened, and I am not what I was when I left. I don’t really know how it happened, but I guess there’s going to be no hiding it for you.” With that, Makoto dismissed his disguise and showed himself for what he truly was. A vampire. Noticing his mentor’s usually stoic face show just a hint of alarm and surprise, he reacted fast. “I know this must be surprising to you, but I have worked hard to contain my new urges, and am working on a cure for the curse that Yuuki has placed upon me. I came to ask for your help in both protecting me and providing me with materials and aid in my research.”
After taking a moment to study the situation, and probably a quick divination, [Placeholder name] declared that he would not help the young mad behind Asa’s back. Seeing the look of fear that must have been on the young man’s face, the old Azurin replied “I did not say I would not help you.”
So it was with the blessing of the Kannushi and Miko that Makoto was granted Independent Operations status. The Kannushi warned him to stay away from Jinnan for a while, lest someone recognize him and alert Yuuki. He quickly gathered up his research and set to work on a spell to protect him from the sun. After a week of hard labor, he was starting to run low on his supply of blood, and was only having marginal amounts of success. As such, he announced his decision to head to Kusanagi in order to see if their scientists could make something to help slack his addiction. He figured that with the massive amount of scientists there trying to fix the incarnum dependency problem, he’d be able to find someone to help him. And worst came to worst, he might find a slaver on the way to help slack his thirst for a few days.
Upon arrival to Kusanagi, he was able to find an affordable inn, and his Asa backing gained him a fair amount of respect, and he set out to find some help in creating his spell, and looking for access to the morgue in an attempt to acquire some blood. Unfortunately, he didn’t have much to trade save for his spell casting services, and a few songs. He’s currently working to use his music to help protect some of the scientist’s lab equipment from various energies. This was two days ago.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Squall255

Re: Makoto Hikaru (Squall's Character)

Postby Squall255 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:00 am

Free time interests: Hiking, Camping, Whittling, song craft, Bird watching. He has a strong love for the outdoors, and the natural flight of birds is something that he finds fascinating, and could watch them dive and soar through the air for hours. Has always wanted a pet hawk, but never had the chance to find one.
(|)
(|)

Return to “Characters”