Character Discussion

Moderator: Zanaikin

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Re: Character Discussion

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:27 pm

You did take into account that your max languages known is 1+Int, right?

Here's the post under custom skills: viewtopic.php?f=71&t=881
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:03 pm

There is no more mention of maximum languages known in that post or thread.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:27 pm

something is likely off with your calculations cause you shouldn't have that many languages, not according to the latest changes anyways.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:15 pm

5 ranks, 14 int. Each point gives 3 (1+(INT Mod)), except the last point which gives 4 (1+(INT mod)+1 (because of 5 ranks in linguistics)). 4(3)+4 = 16.

First language learned and then mastered is Gnome (2 points total). Mercurian and Spirit are 3 points each. 2+2(3) = 8.

Okay, I've got even more points left over than I thought (never do math on when half awake and before food). But the problem still stands.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:30 am

In no place is there a multiplication.
I have no clue where you extracted that equation, but it sure isn't what the hell I wrote. <_<
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:01 pm

For anyone stupid enough to think otherwise, enhancement mods (and other equipment / nonperm mods ) to INT does not increase any skill points, this include language points ( Judson <_< )

Also this goes without saying, but your history/personality should be able to explain:
--- your class lines (e.g. why dave's cohort have JPM - seeing as Penthiae have no phoenix I adapted the idea for dragons, which means only the Fens Orcs, the Kharvans, and the Darions have any adepts in this class, and you'll need to work this into your history somehow)
--- any special uncommon skills you have, including any perform, profession, or craft, as well as uncommon technical skills such as decipher script
--- your languages (e.g. why the hell judson's main knows Japanese is beyond me)

And special requirement under character personality : what are your character's hobbies / interests
And please refrain from making up sets that perfectly covers up your actual duties - even workaholics have outside interests.
Basically, give them some more human characteristics and make them less of a machine simply here to perform work. It also gives me an idea of what your character does on his/her spare time.
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:21 pm

by the order of the DM (!!!~ lol) :

seeing as military tactics is taught by example and military history, which is affected by and affects every other part of history (political, cultural, economic, technological, etc), I'm putting in an official requirement that you have at least 1 rank in history for every 2 ranks in tactics.
I thought about doing this for knowledge ( politics ) as well, but you can learn politics by purely theoretical means (where military you really can't). However I would suggest you at least get some.

As a rather famous Chinese quote goes:
Using copper as a mirror allows one to keep his clothes neat. Using history as a mirror allows one to see the future trends. Using a person as a mirror allows one to see what is right and what is wrong.
|

()

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:03 am

For both main and cohort: Updated languages and skills, added hobbies/interests.
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:26 pm

Rofl a player who doesn't watch any has a character with a certain anime interest xD.
Not surprisingly, the Imperials' military grade tactical simulator comes in holo-game format, and often linked up for large scale training sims.
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:02 pm

now that I've bothered to write up the move complicated equipment/vehicular movement rules a bit... that vehicular feats have been recalibrated, some of the requirements changed, some of the description/benefit.

sorry Judson but you're probably going to need to do some reshuffling.
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:10 pm

Judson : also just realized... you main doesn't have advanced implant proficiencies, none of those base classes has it.
|

()

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:40 am

updated feats for both chars
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun May 03, 2009 4:44 pm

I figure I should drop this out, since ppl most haven't finished work on that much of their cohort (except Judson, whose already doing this).

I may not be necessarily a bad idea to design a combat, or at least front-lines build of sorts, for your cohort. Sure, it may not work as well as a backup char meaning should your main die you may need to switch to diff char (probably with more level loss), but it might also come in pretty handy =9
|

()

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Wed May 13, 2009 7:42 pm

Meet Sigmund 1.5, now with new fluffy filling!

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri May 15, 2009 1:04 am

update, drew receives 500xp for a dead-on diplomacy reply
|

()

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Characters”