Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: Character Discussion

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:30 pm

|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:18 am

Major redo on characters.
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:53 pm

Judson, care to explain how's you're a tiefling? You have demonic taint by means of their magic, not demonic blood, at least not according to backstory.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:13 pm

I just figured that a tiefling was a person whose blood had been corrupted by demonic influence, either by a direct fiendish ancestor, ancestral pacts with dark forces, or other sources of taint. In this case something like fetal alcohol syndrome, except with the power of the Abyss instead of alcohol.
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:32 pm

note, regarding the Rebreather (Oxygen Recycler) requested by now.

Yes you can have it, consider it weight 1.5lbs, fits in the mouth, and does require dumping of physical wastes from a side-container every so often (mixed carbon allotropes, much of it graphite). Obviously you cant talk while using it.
|

()

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:02 am

Edited in a fairly large crunch update to my main, started working on spells and finished equips.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:43 pm

Updated cohort.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:53 pm

Judson : it looks like you're getting a flag-captain as cohort instead of an Exec. So the question becomes... what kinda char you want for an Exec. ? =9

Drew : yarly, too many holy warriors =9
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:59 pm

You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:16 pm

Dave :

where did the "+3DS" modifier on your weapon/attack entry come from ? Or more like, what IS that ?
|

()

Laharl
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:14 am

+3 from a Devoted Spirit weapon and being in such a stance.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:21 am

Finished main char
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:44 pm

Judson, frankly given your char's background there's little reason for you to learn Chinese/Japanese, at least not both. Within the Imperial society there's about as much use for either language as there is for latin, maybe even less. Yes you will find a town here or there that's ethical and prefers to maintain their language, but they'll also speak Imperial so its not like communications is an issue. Plus you're not even the history-buff-type that'd make you more interested in those two languages. The Chromian-Japanese thing wouldn't really be a factor since it's not part of your life until recently.
Of the old ethnic Earth languages, Russian and German are the most common.

Suggestion for you to pick up:
Draconic, Giant, or Goblin - these are the major languages spoken across the two territories once known as the Fens, and the orcs & giants are quite stupid so most of them don't even know common. The Imperial militaries also spent quite some time in there getting things reorganized (although that was mostly during the first 1.5 decades after the war, so you may didn't get around to yet).

Draconic, Elven/Sylvan, Inferno, Celestial - the four major spellcasting languages in Penthiae

Elven - simply cause you fought them.
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:47 pm

Headline!
DM changes linguistics again, imagine that! (hopefully this'll be the last time)

You do not learn a new language every time you put a rank into the Linguistics skill (if only learning foreign languages were that easy...). Instead, you gain a number of language points equal to 1 + Intelligence modifier + per 5 ranks in Linguistics. Your first language always count as 1 point, afterward you may master a language in the same family as another you already know for 1 point, or a language in a new language family for 2 points. You may attempt to speak a language you have not mastered by making a Linguistics check (DC variable based on what you're trying to say). This linquistics check becomes easier if you know a language of the same family, or if you've attempted to understand/speak it many times in the past.
Note: Any feat or class ability that grants X languages now grants X language points.

See language family table on the custom skills... I mostly followed the SRD language family table, except with a few changes (figured Celestial and Common are both similar to Latin, and Druidic should really be similar to Sylvan)

Yes I enjoy making language learning a pain, as I've suffered through hell to master English myself. Just be glad I decided not to introduce the MSRD system of taking Reading( select language ) and Writing( select language) as separate skills (that's a lot of different skills).

Also: added Mercurian to the language list as a Chromian language (it's like a combination between mostly French and a bit of Spanish, so it's Romanian language).

EDIT: Just to note, most of your implant/PDA programming will include an auto-translation software for all the known languages so one could at least understand foreign languages, but it's slower, more awkward, and simply not the same (obviously), and the Comprehend Languages spell works much better (not surprisingly). Imperial holovision stations broadcast their transmissions in every language using a magitech filtering device that involves Comprehend Languages & Tongues spell.
|

()

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:24 pm

In response to the Linguistics change:
What happens if we have surplus linguistics points? My main has learned all Chromian languages and has 4 points left over.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Return to “Characters”