Sharn

Because its much easier for the DM to do these kinds of things outside of game meets.

Moderator: Sajuuk

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Re: Sharn

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:17 am

To Dai:
"Yes, I am Dermot. I presume that you are Star Knight Apokylption?" he after he slides down his sleeve and reveals a Gatekeeper tatoo. Once he confirms her identity, he asks "So, what is it you would like to know?"

To Drew:
The badge has a roaring bear and wyverns on it, which you recognize as the seal of Breland. You can't determine more than that, but you can assume that he worked for the Brelish government. You also notice that there sewer grate nearby seems to be askew and slightly damaged.

To Scott:
You pick up pieces of their conversations. They are talking about a plan of some sorts, and you hear the names "Aurala," "Raccanoch," and "Lord Ruken," being tossed around a lot. You can't tell what they are talking about yet beyond that, but if you continue listening, you could determine more.

To Dave:
"Well, it looks like our Ogre Mage friend is laying low right now. That building he is in is a Daask protected Tavern, one of the few in the city. I don't think we can get to him right now, and we know for a fact that is not their lair."
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:12 am

Aiolos shrugs. "We can still keep an eye on his movements in the meantime. Any other matters you need me to deal with while I'm here and while we wait for more intel?"

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:48 am

Calen moves over to see if he can move the sewer grate (STR 14).
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Sajuuk
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:28 pm

To Dave:
"Nothing else right now, I'll contact you when we figure out where he is going. But as for now, I have to go report to the Boss."

To Drew:
Calen is able to slide the sewer grate out of the way. You see handholds in the side of the tunnel forming a ladder of sorts, and a foul smell emits from the shaft.

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:16 pm

"Hmm. Well, I probably shouldn't leave this noble fellows body out here in the open." On that though, Calen slides the sewer grate back into place, and goes to look for the proper authorities.

Active Characters:

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:26 pm

After some quick asking around, you find the local guard post. When you report the discovery of the body, they ask you to take you to the body post haste. Several of the city watch and an inquisitive follow you back to the body and the inquisitive begins to look around. The inquisitive gasps when he sees the badge on the corpse, "This is a Dark Lantern!" he says in surprise.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:31 pm

"A dark what?" replies Calen.

Active Characters:

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:37 pm

"A Dark Lantern," he says, "A member of Breland's internal security force." He pulls out a crystal lens and starts to look at the body as the watchmen that followed you there begin looking around nervously. "Dark Lanterns monitor what happens all over Breland, and sometimes outside it as well. Its not often one turns up dead."

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:47 pm

"I see, do you commonly reveal Breland's secret organizations are to foreigners?" Calen said, jokingly.

"Also, when I found the body, that sewer grate nearby was askew, as thought someone had moved it. Though, I couldn't tell you how recent that was."

Active Characters:

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:56 pm

"I never said that they were secret. The crown denies they exist whenever they actively do anything, but everyone knows they are real." The inquisitive moves over to the sewer grate and examines it with the lens for a few moments. "It is as I thought," he says as he puts the lens away. "The victim was not killed here. He was it appears that whoever, or whatever, killed him dragged him out of the sewers and dumped the body here. The lack of blood and expression of terror suggest that he was killed with magic, but there are no traces of it left on him or in the area."

littleangryman
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby littleangryman » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:18 am

"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Laharl
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:15 am

"All right." Aiolos leaves Castar's place, figuring he'll wander and get a feel for the pulse of the city.

While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:36 pm

"Yes, I am, you can just call me Reverie though. Thanks for coming so quickly. I guess if you're one of us I won't need to get too bothersome on some of the explanations. I'm here to investigate a particular case that our elders to the north have divined from the stars, an event believed to happen in the near future. The stars say that someone or something will try to consume the souls of Sharns inhabitants to gain power. Based on what I can gather from the papers, some mysterious unprovoked murders have already happened, and that the elder of the Sharn Gatekeepers have found certain correlations between them and some unnatural fluctuations with Mabar. What I would like to request is any information you or the Citadel may know about these murders, and if any usually extraplanar magic has been practiced within the city as of late.
Furthermore, if possible, I would like to link up with the Citadel for this investigation. If it is as serious as the star foretell, this could prove a dire threat to all of Sharn's inhabitants."
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:02 pm

To Scott:
Your basic knowledge of such matters tells you that the most likely Aurala for them to be talking about is the Queen of Aundair and that Lord Ruken has something to do with the Brelish Government. As you continue to listen to the conversation, you pick up the words "within the next few days," "mission is a go," and "we must keep Raccanoch from finding out."
(Also, gimme a bluff check)

To Dave:
As great philosophers have said, "Sharn never sleeps." And while it is the middle of the day and that doesn't really apply, Sharn is rather busy as usual. People mill about, going about their business. Nothing seems out of the ordinary. Your wandering takes you from the highest levels of the city, where aristocrats and government officials mill about presumably doing important things, to the lower levels, filled with seedy entertainment locations. On your trip back upwards, you journey through a temple district and are passing by a Temple of the Silver Flame, when suddenly...a loud explosion emanates from inside the temple!

To Dai:
"The problem with tracing extraplanar magic in Sharn is that close to three quarters of all the magic you'll find in this city has something to do with flight and as such uses the energy of the Syrania manifest zone the city was built on. As for the murders, the only common things that we have found between all of them was that they weren't killed in the location they were found, and the victims were killed with magic that left no clues aside from the aura that there was magic cast. The bodies weren't harmed in any way. Its as if someone, or something, just sucked the life right out of them." Suddenly, he holds his hand up to his ear, as if listening to something, and his eyes widen in shock. "They just found another body, and this one could be a big problem. Follow me!" he said as he runs towards the closest edge of the tower. As he nears it, he whistles loudly and a moderately sized metal platform flies out of nowhere, which he jumps onto and motions for you to hop on.

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:08 pm

Aiolos blinks and runs into the temple to help. (Possibly with quotes around help...)

Return to “In Character/Game Threads”