Sharn

Because its much easier for the DM to do these kinds of things outside of game meets.

Moderator: Sajuuk

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Sharn

Postby Squall255 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:15 pm

"500 PER territory! ug that's rediculous. Maybe we won't stop back here on our way home. Good thing we're almost there. I could go for a nice cold tankard of Trunac's. You gotta meet this guy, he's an amazing chef."
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:34 am

"Is that right? Needs to leave the work at the office, he does." Felix takes as sip of his ale as Aiolos walks up. "Oh, hey Aiolos. What brings you around?"
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:49 am

Aiolos takes a look around while he waits for Trunac to respond. "Felix? And Calen, too. Looks like the cap'n is the only one not here. I'm actually here on business and I really do need to talk to Trunac privately for a few minutes." He directs this last at the dwarf, along with a rather pointed look.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:32 pm

Felix nods, catching Aiolos' tone. "Right then. I think I'll step outside and look for Manta, then, shall I?"
(Steps outside and looks around for the Captain, but doesn't go anywhere. Spot Check: 19)

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:28 pm

To Inn Peoples/Scott:
Outside the tavern, Felix sees nothing but the crowd of people usually found in Sharn's Welcome. People coming, people going, but no sign of Manta or anyone from his crew.
Trunac finishes his tankard of ale and sets it down, "Yeah, yeah, gimme a minute. Alinda, hold down the bar while I'm upstairs, would ya," he says. "Okay, follow me upstairs," the dwarf says as he heads towards the stairs.

To Squall:
"Compared to what you make by treasure hunting, it is not that expensive," Sophie says. "As for our destination, I think we are almost there. I see one of your compatriots up ahead," she continues, pointing out Felix standing outside the Hawk and the Hacksaw.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:01 pm

Manta raises slightly above the crowd, and upon seeing Felix, waves and calls out "Oy! Felix!" as he walks up and shakes the catfolk's hand. "How's the day treating you mate?"
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:33 pm

Aiolos follows Trunac upstairs. "You're aware I work for Boromar, yes?" Not waiting for a response, he continues. "Apparently while we were gone, Dassk has gone on quite the offensive. Their next target? Right here, tonight. If the rest of our friends stick around, I don't think we'll have a problem driving them off, but I do need to get some information about their intentions, so let's try not to kill them all, mmkay?"

While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:05 pm

"Ah! Cap'n Manta, I was just looking for you. We were all wondering where you'd run off..."

Felix catches sight of Sophie. He immediately drops the captian's hand and takes hers. "Why, hello there. What brings so fine a creature as you around here?"

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Sajuuk
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:32 pm

BATTLE IN THE TAVERN Log
XP log in XP thread (main section for game)
Loot log in loot thread (main section for game)

Patrons mill about, some of them looking frazzled, and others helping set the tavern back to the way it was. Several spellcasters set about casting mending and repair light damage on the shattered window's. The petrified patrons are now de-petrified and looking around, wondering what they missed. All seems to be returning to normal, with the bards taking their place back on stage and resuming the music. Aiolos and Fist return from their unconscious ogre mage disposal mission.

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:22 pm

The rest of the night passes uneventfully, with patrons milling about eating, singing, and getting drunk. The bards play late into the night, but eventually the last patron leaves and the employees close up shop. Trunac drinks one last tankard of ale before heading upstairs to his quarters. The goblins and hobgoblins follow Manta out the door back to his HQ, and the rest of the party scatters to wherever they were spending the night.

Zor, the 5th of Eyre, 998YK
Morning comes, and with it the usual hustle and bustle of Sharn's docks. Ships come, ships go, and there is a general racket of commerece being undertaken. The party awakes in the places they spent the night.

Meanwhile...
In the lower levels of Tavick's Landing, Terminus Station recieves another Lightning Rail, this one from Wroat. Passengers exit the train and begin looking for their baggage or head on towards their destinations while House Orien members prep the train for its return trip to Wroat. Some head towards the House Sivis message station to check for messages, some towards the House Deneith outpost to hire bodyguards for their stay in the city. Others still head towards the House Lyrander enclave, merchants from the look of them, most likely arranging for their goods to be shipped elsewhere by air or sea. And in the middle of it all, one Reverie Apolytikion exits the lightning rail at the conclusion of her journey from the Eldeen Reaches to Sharn.

(dai, thats your entrance cue)

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:43 pm

In the morning, Aiolos heads down to Castar's place to give his report. "We fought off the Daasks down at the Hawk and Hacksaw, though they came with a great deal of force: an ogre mage, several cockatrices, and a host of goblinoids. We slew the cockatrices and...appropriated several of the goblinoids. While the ogre mage, one Tozzok (ooc: I wanted to call him Fezzik...), was down, I implanted a tracker inside one of his wounds, so you should be receiving data on him even now."

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:55 pm

For a few minutes, Reverie walked aimlessly as she continued to stare around in awe, as she had been since entering the city. For someone who never even once stayed a night within a major city, Sharn and its towering buildings was a sight to behold.

But... there was still a goal at hand, and she would be moving all over the town the next few days, plenty of time to enjoy, or at least experience, the "scenery", is that's even an appropriate word for a place completely devoid of nature.

Reverie gets out of the station and travels a few blocks out (goods are too costly at transport centers) to buy a map of the city, as well as the most recent prints of the local Sharn Inquisitive. She then reads through the papers to see what criminal activities or strange occurrences has taken place lately and what info has been collected on any of them so far.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:39 pm

Dave:
Castar listens to Aiolos's report on the previous nights attack. "Hmmm...that does fit with the theories we had going based on damage patterns from the previous attacks. Several things that can petrify targets, a host of smaller creatures, and one bruiser. I imagine this Tozzok was the only one that gave you any trouble?" he asks as he starts to head towards the map room.

Dai:
The papers have the usual goings-on in Sharn. Everything from price fluctuations on trade goods, local news, Breland news, and a smattering of Khorvaire news. On page 4 of each issue is the Watch blotter, which details all known (OOC: read - non-sensitive, non-Citadel) things that the Watch responded to (aside from pickpockets and other mundane crimes). Reading through the past week's issues, Reverie finds that there have been several reports of corpses being found with no physical damage done to them, nothing missing from their pockets, and no sign of a struggle at all. The reports also mention that their is no detectable aura of magic around the bodies, aisde from the two corpses that had magical garments and jewelry. One of the victims was a member of House Cannaith, and another was a Watch Sergeant. Notably absent is the location where the bodies were found, the Watch is probably withholding this information to prevent everyone from swarming the scenes. In each report there is a request that anyone who might be able to help in the investigation please contact Watch Headquarters in the Citadel, located in the Ambassador Towers. Also, there has been a slow rise in the number of taverns and other entertainment establishments being assaulted by criminal underworld forces, including one the previous night, the "Hawk and the Hacksaw," located in the Sharn's Welcome district of the Docks.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:37 pm

After that, Reverie then heads to the Skysedge Park district to The Gatehouse in Carosten Park [Eb:SCoT pg42] to contact the Gatekeepers there. After Identifying herself and explaining the known information regarding the mission at hand to them, Reverie also 1. requests their assistance on the objective at hand, 2. requests any information they may have on any strange recent events that may have drawn their attention (particularly in the case of these unharmed corpses, and also if this 'increased criminal assaults' may imply something more than just pure crime) and 3. inquire what connections they may have with the local Watch and/or the King's Citadel stationed in Sharn.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:55 pm

Manta wakes up early the next morning (as is his custom) and awakens his new hobgoblin and goblin "sailors".

"Get up you goblinoids. Time to teach you some of the fine art of sailing. First and formost, you have to be able to awaken quickly incase of severe weather. You sleep through the ship starting to take on water, and you drown. So everyone up." he says in a commanding voice. He gives the last goblin to respond a sharp kick in the rear to get him moving and to show that the goblin needs to be on his toes (he kicks a few more if they are all slow to respond) The kicks are not full strength, but enough to get his point across, the men are to be quick about things, (Mechanics wise, he's aiming for no damage)

He then gets them organized, and making a quick breakfast. After food, he marches them all down to the docks, and signs the papers to get the Night's Dawn out of port, and asks Nemo and Sophie to instruct the more responsive goblins in some of the more dificult tasks, while he focuses on whipping the slow goblins into order following sailors, having them learn more knots, and scrub the deck. This is also to help all of them get their sea legs.

Night Wing is asked to join them, incase Manta needs to leave suddenly, as well as to get her used to following the ship, and setting her pace.

basically the day is spent getting the goblins used to sailing and following Manta's orders, as well as retraining a few ranks.

The group then returns to port around lunch time so as not to deplete the stored food.
*Afternoon activities will be a separate post, after the rest of the morning unfolds*
*More drills to follow as I figure out exactly what I have on my vessel, and have more time to think of things to teach the new sailors*
(|)
(|)

Return to “In Character/Game Threads”