Sharn

Because its much easier for the DM to do these kinds of things outside of game meets.

Moderator: Sajuuk

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: Sharn

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:40 pm

Reverie runs straight after him immediately when he took off and follows him to where the man is going.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

littleangryman
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby littleangryman » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:37 am

"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:13 pm

To Dave:
People begin to stream out of the church screaming "It blew up!!!." As you enter, you can see that the cleric who presumably was running the services was blown several feet away from the dais, and his face was covered in what looked like bits of paper. A look of shock crosses his face as he regains conciousness.

To Dai:
The metal platform, zips downards. Flying quickly and with great agility, it avoids all other aerial traffic on its trip to the lower levels of a nearby district. It decellerates quickly as it nears its destination, and Dermot jumps off as it nears the ground. Once Reverie leaves it, it soars off to wherever it waits. The scene you have arrived at is obviously one of a crime of some sorts, due to the concentration of Watch members and an Inquisitive. There is also an unarmored human-looking bystander nearby, who looked as if he was talking with the Inquisitive when you arrived.

(Dai, meet Drew. Drew, meet Dai.)

To Scott:
(yay natural 1s on sense motive checks)
The suspicious conversationists do not seem to notice your eavesdropping as of yet, and you pick up another few words of their conversation. This time you hear "we must liquidate him and escape quickly," "if Lord Ruken's involvement were to be made public...," and "we'll be promoted twice if we succeed."
(gimme another bluff check)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:23 am

Requested Bluff:1d20+10 → [20,10] = (30) (Invisible Castle again. Huzzah.)
Bluff check to make this next bit look like I'm just ordering another drink: 1d20+10 → [20,10] = (30) (That's Invisible Castle again. I solemnly swear I'm not making this up.)
Felix calls over the barkeep (presumably the one with the "charm bracelet") under the pretext of ordering another Stout and asks very quietly, "Say, who are those cloaked guys at the table in the corner and how long have they been here?" (Diplomacy, if needed: 1d20+18 → [9,18] = (27))
Spot check to note Trunac's location in the event of hostilities: 1d20+10 → [13,10] = (23)

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:04 pm

"So, what happened here ? " Reverie asked Dermot, then looked around at the other people standing about.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Sajuuk
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:10 pm

To Dai AND Drew:
"The message I received told me that there was another body found," Dermot said as he examined the corpse. "And now I see why it said to get here quickly, this is a Dark Lantern - a member of Breland's internal security forces," he continued. "The fact that one has turned up dead in a manner similar to the other victims says that whoever is conducting these killings has attracted the interest of the Lanterns as well. I imagine that the Crown will not be happy when they receive news of this," he says as he turns his attention towards Calendorani. "I imagine you are the one that discovered the body. Did you notice anything else in the area when you found it?" he asks him.

To Scott:
"Them? They've been there for about an hour now. Not a clue who they are, but they paid with Aundarian currency. Just been sitting there, whispering amongst themselves," the supposed Cleric from last night's brawl she says as she continues to clean the empty pint glasses. Trunac is currently nowhere to be seen, presumably he is up in his offices doing business-related things. The other employees mill about, with Fist the Warforged at his usual post by the door. The cloaked figures continued their whispered conversation.

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:26 pm

Aiolos walks over to the cleric. "Are you all right? What happened?"

(Does the paper contain scraps of the phrase "I prepared Explosive Runes this morning"?)

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:54 pm

To Dave:
"The prayer book...it exploded...I was reading the traditional prayer to open todays mass, and it just exploded..." he says, still in shock.
(Gimme a Knowledge (Religion) check)

Laharl
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:52 pm

(22 Know[religion])

While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:05 pm

To Dave:
The remnants of prayer book's pages appear to be normal in all respects. Bits of text praising the 'brilliance of the flame' and so on can be found over the fragments. The cleric quickly works some magic with his holy symbol and frowns. "Whatever caused the book to explode was magical," he said, regaining his composure, "but the aura dissipated too quickly to figure out what kind of magic."

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:17 pm

"I've heard something about a spell that makes text explode when it's read, though it's pretty high-powered magic. Do you have any idea why somebody would want to do this to you?"

(The Explosive Runes reference in the earlier post was an OOTS joke.)

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:34 pm

"No, no idea at all," he said, "We are just lucky that all it did was knock me back and destroy the book I suppose."

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:45 pm

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:05 pm

"Are you sure this is the same book you normally read from?"

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:17 pm

To Scott:
The cloaked suspicious Aundarians seemingly finish their conversation. They stand up from their table and head for the door.

To Dave:
"Yes, it is the same book. Just a new one, the old one had been attacked by a rather nasty bunch of paper-eating mothworms."

Return to “In Character/Game Threads”