Sharn

Because its much easier for the DM to do these kinds of things outside of game meets.

Moderator: Sajuuk

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Sharn

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:50 pm

Wir, the 4th of Eyre, 998YK

The sun rises on another day, with the world still seeming brighter than normal and colors more vibrant. The docks are already in full swing, with ships being loaded and unloaded, the sounds carrying all the way into the places where you are sleeping. A few market stalls are already open, the owners selling their wares to travellers, but the majority of the stalls are empty or still being set up. The latest issue of the Korranberg Chronicle, the most popular newspaper in Khorvaire, is already on sale, hot off the magical printing presses of their Sharn distribution facility.

(and lo, did the DM wonder if he will actually get posts from people this time, without having to egg them into doing so)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Re: Sharn

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:17 pm

Calendorani, after spending a night in an enclave of the Path of Light, goes to search out the friend of his that he was retrieving it for.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Sajuuk
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:46 pm

Calendorani makes his way from the Shrine of il-Yannah, in the Overlook District of Upper Dura, down into Underlook and then Grayflood, before heading south around the edge peninsula that Sharn sits on into Tavick's Landing. It is about 10AM when he arrives, and there is a heated informal match of Skyblades already going on. The competitors, astride their hippogriffs, dash through the air, weaving around towers and under bridges as they attempt to joust each other off their mounts. One of the riders gets knocked off his mount and falls a few feet before the protective spells placed upon the competitors kick in and he floats down onto a bridge.
He continues into Tavick's Landing, making his way through the guard posts that stand at the entry to High Gates, which is populated mainly by refugees of the Last War. This location, well separate from the Path of Light enclave here in Sharn, makes good cover for hiding from agents of the Dreaming Dark. He follow the path the his allies' lair, and knocks on the door. After a moment, the door opens and he sees the familiar face of Parkhad, who had asked him to retrieve the strange item from Xen'drik, and she speaks to him "Quick, come inside so I can get the wards back up!"

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:50 pm

Calendorani quickly steps in, and out of the way. Waiting until the door was closed and the wards up to speak. "I have the item." He said, pulling it out of the sack he had been carrying it in. "I've never seen anything like it before. But it feels powerful, very powerful."

Active Characters:

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:19 pm

"Yes, it is supposedly very powerful. The legends that led me to find the location of it said the the Giants of Xen'drik used these against the Quori in the war they fought ages ago. Supposedly the item can nullify psionic abilities within an area around itself, bind quori spirits to prevent them from escaping, and damage psionic creatures, among other abilities as well," Parkhad responded as she dug out a tome written in Giant with handwritten Quor notes in the margins.

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:54 pm

Meanwhile, in a galaxy far far away... oh wait, no. It's just a few hundred meters away. My bad. Anyway,back at the docks, Manta is just finishing getting his new Honor Guard set up and acquainted with Night's Dawn. He then starts to head to the Karnathi Embassy to try to meet and free his Magebred Dire Hawk.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:22 pm

Biggs, one of the soldiers from the Honor Guard gives you directions to the Ambassador Towers, where the embassy is located. Manta flies due east and up a few hundred feet, flying through the districts of Underlook and The Bazaar before landing on a bridge in the Ambassador Towers on the Central Plateau. Following the signs, he makes his way to the Karrnathi Embassy and heads inside.

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:30 pm

Manta walks up to the receptionist (Or person most closely resembling one, should there be no receptionist). "Hello. My name is Captain Manta, Colonel in the Karnathi Navy. I was told that my new Magebred Dire Hawk, Nightwing was being kept here. Is there any way you could help me retrieve my new companion?"
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:20 pm

The receptionist files through some papers, quickly finding the report on your Honor Guard and mount. "Ah yes, Colonel Manta. The note here says that they were not allowed to bring your mount to the docks without you being there. If you'll just sign these release forms, you can head to the aviary and be on your way. The forms are permits for flying and bringing your mount into major areas around Khorvaire. We already had them approved by the authorities, all you need to do is read and sign them." She places a stack of what looks like 20 different packets of paper on the desk and pushes them towards you.

(DM Note: Squall, I'll let you dump some ranks from Bluff/Intimidate into Ride so that you can actually ride Nightwing correctly)

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:39 pm

Active Characters:

beejazz
Darth Member
Race: Leliel
Class: You're Kidding, Right?

Postby beejazz » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:06 pm

Trunac decides to check up on his place of business. He stops by the Journeyman Inn for a sit, a drink, and a chat with whoever's on duty managing the place right now. A greeting and a quick "How's business?" for whoever's there.

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:27 pm

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:31 pm

"May the path be illuminated for all of them. Do you have any new leads for me?"

Active Characters:

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:36 pm

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:39 pm

"I shall. I do not believe I have anything else to do at the moment."

Active Characters:

Return to “In Character/Game Threads”