Sharn

Because its much easier for the DM to do these kinds of things outside of game meets.

Moderator: Sajuuk

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Sharn

Postby Squall255 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:44 pm

Around 4 PM in the afternoon (aka after spending an afternoon getting the hivemind accustomed to running my ship) Manta returns to port. Upon his return, he sent the crew back to headquarters. He then gets Nightwing saddled up, and takes her out on a basic scout around the bay area, to get use to the feel of the saddle, and to give her some exercise.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:00 pm

"Aside from the gate showing signs of recent use, nothing seemed off." Calen said, looking at the newcomers.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:52 pm

(Ok, I've been puzzling over this for a couple of days now. Before I do anything, how many of them are there and how far are they from the door?)
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:23 pm

To Squall:
Nightwing eagerly takes to the air and soars out over the mouth of the Dagger River. (spot check)

To Dai/Drew:
"Strange," Dermot says after walking over and examining the gate, "it looks as if the gate was recently removed and replaced." He turns to the guard watch, "You men, seal this crime scene and call for additional guards," and then to the inquisitive and you two, "and I need you three to come down to HQ with me."

To Scott:
There are three of them and the table they are standing up from to head to the door is about 40' from the door.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:10 pm

"Sure thing." Reverie said to Dermot, and then turned to the other two, "I'm Reverie Apolytikion, special dispatch; nice to meet your two, although it would have been preferable under better circumstances."
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:55 pm

"I'm Calen." he responded rather flatly, before beginning to follow Dermot.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Squall255
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:13 pm

Spot Check:
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Sajuuk
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:59 pm

To Dai/Drew:
"I'm Grissom, Inquisitive assigned to the Sharn Watch," the inquisitive says as Dermot leads the group to a sky taxi landing. The taxi soars into the air and heads towards the Central Plateau. "Ms Apolytikion, I can't help but wonder, exactly what department are you a special dispatch from?" Grissom asks.

To Squall:
Traffic is normal around Sharn. Elemental ships sail around carrying whatever their cargo is. Nothing seems out of the ordinary. (feel free to make another spot check if you want)

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

beejazz
Darth Member
Race: Leliel
Class: You're Kidding, Right?

Postby beejazz » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:42 am

Trunac comes downstairs and, seeing Felix, goes to greet him. "Felix, ya hairy bastard, how are ya?"

Trunac's back, de-NPC'd.
I'm writing a game.

I'm also writing up a little setting to playtest it in.

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:17 am

Felix jumps an inch or two, having not noticed Trunac coming in. "Ah, Trunac. Great timing. Listen, we've got a situation here..." Felix proceeds to relay to Trunac all that he has overheard. "...and then they got up and are now heading for the door. Thoughts?"

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:14 am

|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

beejazz
Darth Member
Race: Leliel
Class: You're Kidding, Right?

Postby beejazz » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:31 am

I'm writing a game.

I'm also writing up a little setting to playtest it in.

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:27 pm

"Even if they don't, neither of us are particularly stealthy. Where's Aiolos when you need him?" Felix thinks for a second. "Wait... I've got it."

(Marty, feel free to interrupt if the following chain of events does not fly.)

-to find a nearby group of rowdy (even paritally so) tavern patrons: Spot: 13+10=23 Listen: 8+12=20
Assuming he finds a suitable group, Felix takes a nearby bottle (or tankard if there isn't a bottle), and throws it at the lead conspirator, attempting to make it look like the revelers did it.
Attack roll (improvised weapons are a -4, right?) 14+12-4=22 (probably flat footed, too)
Bluff check (they threw it!) 13+10=23
Sleight of Hand check (I threw nothing!) 16+7=23

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:35 pm

To Dai/Drew:
"Well, I'm certain our dead agent's superiors didn't appreciate him dying on the job like that. Rest assured, I will find out who killed him," Grissom says as the taxi lands outside the imposing structure known as the Citadel. Dermot tips the helmsman and heads towards the entrance, motioning for the three others to follow. (Grissom, Reverie, and Calen).

To Scott/Shealy:
The bottle soars towards the lead cloaked conspirator. But moments before it smashes into his head, his gloved hand shoots out and grabs it out of the air. Glaring first at the rowdy patrons and then at you, he launches the bottle towards the compatriots, where it shatters against one of their backs. The cleric puts down the glass she was cleaning and reaches under the counter for something, as the rowdy patrons stand up and draw their weapons.

(to keep this from getting hectic in this thread, combat will be moved to )

Return to “In Character/Game Threads”