The Korranberg Chronicle

Because its much easier for the DM to do these kinds of things outside of game meets.

Moderator: Sajuuk

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

The Korranberg Chronicle

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:07 am

The Korranberg Chronicle is one of the most popular news sources in Khorvaire. From time to time (translation: when i have the urge to) I will be writing excerpts from them.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Sajuuk
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Re: The Korranberg Chronicle

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:45 pm

THE KORRANBERG CHRONICLE
"If it happense in the Five Nations, you'll read about it in the Korranberg Chronicle
Wir, Eyre 4, 998

TOP STORY:STRANGE STORM SINKS SHIP, SOLO SHIP SNATCHES SURVIVORS!
Howard Smith, Sharn, Breland - The night of the 2nd was a strange one indeed on the Thunder Sea. In the middle of a clear night, a storm appeared out of nowhere, centered on one ship, the Blue Moon Line Caravel, Traffic, which was en route from Stormreach to Sharn. "The storm had an unnatural fury, and trust me, I know fury," said Esseldair McCrock, who was travelling abord the vessel. Mr McCrock is the Vice President of McDino's Corporation, and used to be known as the Hysteric Halfling in gladiator circles before he joined his brother in the now Eberron-wide business endeavour. "The clouds came out of nowhere, and the hail started," continued another of the passengers.
The hail, a rare enough occurance for the Thunder Sea, was even strange in the fact that it was burning and occasionaly the hailstones exploded. "Captain ordered us belowdecks...and that was the last anyone saw of him," one of the crew said, shaking as he recalled his experience. "We knew the storm had passed when the sounds of explosions stopped, but by then enough hailstones had holed our sides and we were taking on water," Officer Selkirk recalled. "The captain was now just a smear of pulped bone and muscle on the deck, and the ship was slowly sinking. The first officer fell catatonic at the sight of the captain's remains, so I took command and ordered everyone to the lifeboats," he continued.
Civilian ships that carry passengers have been required to carry enough lifeboats for all passengers and crew since the disaster of the ZES Fizzdrop, which was destroyed after its two bound air elementals got in a fight with its bound water elemental and all three broke free of their bindings. The Traffic was carrying six lifeboats for its passengers and crew.
Selkirk continued his tale of terror, "Just as I was about to board the last ship, I remembered that there was something that could help us. I dashed to the helm and picked up the ships MMR - Martimus's Magical Radar - which lets us detect other ships in a decent radius. I leaped over ther railing and into the lifeboat just as the last of the ship slipped beneath the waves." McCrock picked up the story from this point, "So, there we were, 20 passengers and 17 crew, in 6 lifeboats, adrift in the Thunder Sea in a field of wreckage. And then the strangest thing happened...it got really bright. And boy do I mean bright, brighter than the radiance of a thousand suns bright - well, maybe not THAT bright, but it was really bright. So I looked around as best as I could and in the boat in the middle of us, this guy with a hood over his head is holding his gauntlet up over his head. The light wasnt coming from him, but he seemed to be the cause of it." Esseldair tried to find this mysterious man for us, but he seemed to have disappeared without a trace.
It is now we turn to the tale of one Captain Roland Manta, captain of the Night's Dawn, the vessel which snatched the survivors from the jaws of The Devourer itself. Manta, in his own words, had "retired for the night," and was not at the helm at the time. So who does the discovery of the survivors actually get credited to? Why, one mysterious person and one person we have met before (both of whom were unavailable for comment), one 'Celebrimbor' and one 'Palgrave Teach.' Our readers might recognize Teach's name, as two years ago he set a new record for fastest non-elemental-assited sailing from Regalport to Kessel in the Lhaazar Principalities. Teach had fallen off the radar, so to speak, and reportedly had fallen into a life of piracy after that feat.
"Celebrimbor was on watch duty and Palgrave was at the helm," said Captain Manta, who from the look of it is actually a Karrnathi Major, "and they awoke me when the bright light from the boats was spotted." They then sailed into the wreckage and commenced recovery operations, but then disaster struck!
"We were unloading the first two lifeboats onto the Dawn...when all of the sudden, a vertiable army of sahuagin and their aquatic allies arose from the briny deeps!" the good captain described. According to the reports of the survivors, they were assaulted by a sizable amount of sahuagin, 2 very large sharks, a strange creature with an ovoid body and long necked topped by a tiny head, and leading them all was a sahuagin who seemed to command the very elements of nature. "The battle was fierce," Mr McCrock described, "I drew out my axe, cried havoc, and let loose the halfling mounts of war!" he continued, as he waved his axe around. "There were arrows and bolts everywhere, and people even jumped from the Dawn into the water to confront the attackers!" he finished. "One of them even made this huge leap from the ship into our lifeboat! And he looked like a dragon!" and unnamed survivor claimed, however they were probably delusional as no dragons have been seen in the Thunder Sea for deacades.
Long story short, the crew of the Night's Dawn managed to drive off the sahuagin and their allies, and rescue the rest of the passengers, arriving in Sharn late on the night of the 3rd. A Blue Moon Line representative was present at the dock to reclaim his companies lifeboats, the 4 that were left as the sharks managed to sink 2 of them. House Jorasco sent a team of healers to the dock to tend to the survivors, who were all in excellent shape except for the First Officer, who was still catatonic.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NEWS FROM AROUND EBERRON
Aundair: Queen Aurala praises the current peace at a press conference on the 1st. Says "It is a good sign that the people of Khorvaire can once again sleep easy at night without worrying about what conflict the next day will bring."
Breland: King Boranel is reportedly going to be making a trip to Sharn to discuss matters with the Lord Mayor sometime within the next week.
Cyre: This space intentionally left blank.
Karrnath: The northern Karrnathi winter is proving to be especially long this season, with the northern part of Scion's Sound still frozen over, cutting off the majority of water access to Rekkenmark. There are also reports that King Kaius III my be working up a remarkable plan to rebuild the White Bridge that connected Karrnath to Thrane before the War.
Thrane: Silver Flame announces record high membership - Numbers of people attending services are at record righs say Silver Flame officials.
Zilargo: Elemental vessel production still in a slump say Gnomish officials, they are now offering price cuts on all elemental vessels.

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Sajuuk

NEWS FLASH

Postby Sajuuk » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:17 pm

BREAKING NEWS - If its breaking, you'll read about it in the Korranberg Chronicle! No, wait! THATS MY ARM!!!
An amazing discovery was announced today by Morgrave University, a lost tribe of elves from Arenal was found deep in the frozen wastes to Eberron's north. Led by the Deathless Druid, Santarius d'Klaus, these elves are highly skilled artificers and have secretly been selling their goods in Khorvaire for several centuries now. Using Awakened Winged Dire Reindeer and invisible sleighs, they apparently secretly fly loads of their goods down into Khorvaire each winter season and sell them at low prices in efforts to stimulate the economy of the Five Nations.

Sports News:
Warforged Chess (DM's Note - This is exactly what it says. Teams of warforged engage in a large chess match using themselves as pieces): The Sharn Smashers have beaten out the Lhazaar Coastal Wizards to claim the Khorvaire Cup in the 3rd annual Warforged Chess tournament. King "Piston" led the Smashers to an amazing undefeated season this year, annihilating such powerhouses as the Rekkenmark Raiders and last year's champions, the Flamekeep Flamers.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “In Character/Game Threads”