Post-Orrery of Vortuum

Because its much easier for the DM to do these kinds of things outside of game meets.

Moderator: Sajuuk

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Post-Orrery of Vortuum

Postby Sajuuk » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:37 pm

After the party was teleported to the Chamber's meeting place and had their little discussion with the dragons, Celebrimbor teleported them back to the top of the Orrery, where you met a surprised Daros Winterhammer and Icewing, who had raced to the top after they saw Khurystas fly towards the top. They had been wondering where you had disappeared to, as they had gotten there right after you teleported off. Celebrimbor then teleports away, saying he must make sure that Sur'kil is okay. Daros and Icewing guide you over to the edge of the tower and you all look down. Massive cheers erupt from the battlefied, and it is obvious that the White Wanderers have driven off the Bringers of Flame and Stormwalkers. Later on that evening, a massive feast is held in your honor in what used to be the treasure room of the tower. There are all sorts of foods you have never seen before, but the food is delicious. At one point during the feats all the warriors start to chant a single word louder and louder (anyone who speaks Draconic knows they are essentially going "Speech! Speech! Speech!") before Daros finally stands up and they all quiet down. Daros launches into this long speech (all in Draconic, but we will assume that Captain Manta and whoever else speaks Draconic translates for the party) in which he extols the deeds of the warriors, says that they will never again allow another tribe to defeat them so. But most importantly, he praises your deeds, especially your defeat of Khurystas, which absolutely crushed the morale of his opposing forces. At this point, new drinks are all brought to you and Daros calls for a toast to honor the new members of the tribe, and motions to the party. A great cheer erupts from the room as everyone throws back their drinks in celebration and resumes eating, drinking, and partying late into the night. At one point during the night, Balhazar slips away with the magical deck of cards and vanishes.

The next day, the party wakes up in the treasure room with varying degrees of hangovers. Barbarians are cleaning up the mess left by the partying, but leaving the tables. Discussion with any of them makes it clear that they are going to be occupying the Orrery as their new home, as Icewing has chosen it as his new lair. Going outside, you can see that the weather is slowly changing in the area, no longer are their constant thunderstorms in the area, and no longer does lightning arc over the tower, but the temperature has dropped some and you see light snow flurries falling. "The tower's weather must be keyed to the dragon who calls it home," Nemo thinks aloud. You quickly find Daros who says "Greeting warriors, I would stay and chat but I must be going, as we have to go and gather the rest of our warriors from the surrounding areas and bring them here. Know that you are always welcome here as Tribesmen." Daros then runs to join a waiting group of White Wanderer warriors who quickly move into the forest.

You are standing outside the tower, there are White Wanderers milling around doing various sorts of work. Some are helping to raise new dwelling structures, others are clearing trees to build more permanent structures, and still others are readying what appears to be lunch. And of course some of the ones that had a little too much to drink are staggering around as a result of their dragon-sized hangovers. Balthazar is still nowhere to be seen.

(Feel free to do stuff now)

Notes:
-The party's age categories have all become twice as long and you all now get a +2 circumstance bonus to influence the attitude of Argonnessen residents who respect your deeds of the previous day.
-I know I said the dragons were running a store, think of it more as mail order. Pay then, and they will bring it to you along with the information you requested about Atropus.
-Balthazar drew from the Deck of Many Things and went Kapoof, taking the deck with him.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Sajuuk
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Re: Post-Orrery of Vortuum

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:35 am

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:11 am

Captain Manta made a speach of his own on the previous night. (see above)

Captain Manta Pridefully holds the note, and reads it again, savoring the trust that has been instilled in him, and then attaches the epaulets to his Armor, proud to have earned such a rank so young, and then distributes the epaulets and rings to his companions. He then pulls out a piece of parchment, and flares some power into his right hand, using his index finger as a pen, he burns letters into the parchment, using a carefully controlled flow of eldritch energy. He writes:

"Dear Commandant Himmler,
I wish to thank you for the promotion. I hope to wear it with honor. I have found that it is hard to organize specific troops in combat. While I am adept at choosing tactics, I have seen some commanders marshal exquisite order from their troops. I would also request that my Guard be trained with ranged weapons, with the Guard Leader being a good judge as he is fast with his fingers. Such an Honor Guard would be invaluable to me [Squalls note: Read Marshal w/ Dex and Wis focus on Ranged attacks, Honor Guard is bowmen]. You are correct that I have a preference to naval combat, and have just recently acquired a vessel of my own. While it is but an unarmed Caravel, I hope to fix that next time I'm in port. As such, a Dire Hawk mount would be most advantageous, and I am humbled by your willingness to offer me a Magebred creature. I actually intend to sail to the city of Sharn, and shall be there in a little over a fortnight. My comrades and I have something we need translated by a mage. After we get that figured out, maybe we'll swing by on the way to our next location. Wherever that is. Adventuring has been fun, maybe the guard should consider accepting a few Merc contracts to keep the training forward in the minds of the troops. All my best.
Your loyal Friend,
Captain Roland Manta.
"

After finishing his note, he put it in the scroll case and, after scratching at his arm, tied it to the Owl's leg, patted it on the beak. Speaking in Auran, he thanks it for it's loyal service, and for the good news that it has brought him. "May your prey be plentiful and the thermals ease your wings." he said as the great beast departed (Again in Auran).
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:35 am

COMMENCE INTERLUDE

About the same time, in Stormreach...
Zor, the 26th of Therendor, 998YK. The current coterminous planes are: Kythri (which has no effect at all, so I'm never going to mention it again). (FYI, I'm using the eberron months and days. in the gregorian calendar this would be Thursday the 24th of March.)

The docks of Stormreach were crowded as they usually are in early spring. Hawkers stood in there tents and stalls, selling their wares to travelers and sailors. Ships were leaving for ports all over Southern Khorvaire. Vessels of all sorts were docked here, loading and unloading a variety of passengers and cargo. Almost every kind of vessel could be seen, ranging from the civil - such as a caravel flying the flags of the Blue Moon Transport Company, to the military - a pinnace bearing the flag of the Karrnathi Naval Forces, and even to the exotic - like a Wind Galleon of House Lyrander, a vessel which flies a few feet over the surface of the sea on a bound air elemental. People scurried about, hurrying to and from the ships. A female Karrnathi officer was running to the pinnace, half-elves were loading cargo onto the wind galleon, and in the middle of it all, a humanoid dressed in the monk's robes walked out of the Stormreach McDino's and started to look for his ship.

(drew, in case you are responding to this if i am not online your ship is the Blue Moon Line caravel Traffic)
(McDino's is a halfling run resturaunt specializing in meat patties made out of ground dinosaur meat. They are run by Mac McCrock, a halfling from Talenta, and are headquartered in Sharn.)

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:05 pm

Okay, at squall's insistence on buying something that requires the dragon's to work on your ship for a week, you guys now have a week (read: 7 days) to do stuff in the area.

Squall255
Race: All of them
Class: Support

Postby Squall255 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:10 pm

During the week, Manta trains his new crew members, teaching them some of his knowledge as a Sailor, as well as getting them ready for naval combat by having them train with the Barbarians. He also organizes his funds, and starts making plans for places to stop in order to further upgrade the ship with Ballistae when he eventually gets the chance.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:02 am

Is anyone else DOING anything?

Celebrimbor returns at the end of the week to retrieve the crafting team that was working on the ship and bring you your items from the dragons. "They are still digging through the archives for the information you requested on Atropus," he says. "We should have it to you in about a week." Manta and Celebrimbor talk for a while and then Celebrimbor says that he has to go and talk with the Chamber, but he will return before you depart.

Through communiques back and forth with the Karrnathi Embassy in Sharn, Manta has managed to get some sweet deals on real estate in Sharn. He has managed to procure dock space for four caravel sized ships (you have to purchase 1 whole dock) and nearby shop/housing space in Grayflood for 5000 GP, and housing in the Karrnathi Block of the Embassy Towers for 5000 GP as well. Both can be payed in installments.

(OOC Note: Squall seems really opposed to getting housing, but it can be paid for through him and purchased by the other PCs. I don't think he is willing to pay for any part of it.)

Results of Squall's Training/Recruiting:
, Human Shaman 8
, Silverbrow Human Wizard 4/Barbarian 2/Rage Mage 2
, Draconic Dragonborn High Elf Artificfer (who has been rebuilt and nerfed to no longer have that insane 20d6 damage, hes much more of a crafter now)
Manta Gains Command Aura: Naval Commander (Any ally that has trained under the Commander for at least 4 days time that is onboard a ship he is commanding gain a +2 morale bonus to Balance, Climb, Profession (Sailor), Use Rope)

Your Phat Lewtz From the Dragons: (yes, i know its not exactly equal. I'm using the dragons as a means to balance out the fact that some people got insane loot from the Lair)
Aiolos: +5 Shadow Mithral Chain Shirt
Captain Manta: Brass Dragon Animated Figurehead, Captain's Lantern (Stormwrack 131)
Felix the Quick: Periapt of Wisdom +4, upgrade Cloak of Resistance from +2 to +4, add Devestation Gauntlets to gloves of dex +2, +2 Keen Maiming Dragonshard Pommel Stone (Forge of War, ask me if you need to know what it does)
Trunac d'Kundarak: Upgrading old +1 Dwarven Waraxes into +2 Keen, Lesser Crystal of Energy Assault (Cold) (MIC), Lesser Crystal of Energy Assault (Electricity) (MIC), Bracers of Blinding Strike (Fleet Warrior's Array Set) (MIC)

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:33 am

Over the course of the week, Trunac taught the barbarian head chefs Dwarven recipes and learned recipes from them in turn. Not only can they make a mean feast (as you learned at the one you attended), but they know numerous ways of smoking and preserving meats to last a long time. Presumably this could be used to preserve meats without the use of magic for long sea voyages provided the meat is kept dry.
(Cue Legend of Zelda "You got an item music": Trunac has learned how to make jerky!)
Also, Trunac has managed to throw together a small brewing device which he used to make a few batches of Trunac Stout Ale (DC12 Fort save to resist intoxication). He trades a batch of this to the barbarian brewmakers for one of their strongest brews Blood of the White Dragon (DC15 Fort save to resist intoxication)

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:31 pm

Felix has little to do, not being in much of an organizational or leadership role. So he decides to try his luck with the barbarian girls.
(What checks do I need to rolls for this?)
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:43 am

This has been resolved. Details are being kept secret. (Don't worry Scott, you didn't gain any negative levels or contract lycanthropy)

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:28 pm

Aiolos, having No Personality (as all know), spends the week training with the tribe and helping them scout.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Return to “In Character/Game Threads”