Norinth Raid

Anything game related or even semi-connected

Moderator: Zanaikin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Norinth Raid

Postby TheDude51 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:04 am

Me and Drew have been planning a major surgical strike on Norinth's major industrial centers in an attempt to cripple their productive capability and ability to wage a protracted war.

Our best idea so far is to use multiple simultaneous tactical firestorms to hit a city from several sides at once with overwhelming firepower. The tactical section would sneak into range with Chained Superior Invisibility, cast as quickly as possible, and then flee at top speed, teleporting out as soon as possible. We have enough tactical squads to hit two, possibly three cities at once with several firestorms each, inflicting a huge amount of devastation in a very short amount of time, hopefully before any response can be mounted.

Comments and suggestions would be appreciated. We need to choose two or three cities that are the largest cities of industry and artifice in Norinth, not including Trias.

Note to Dai: all planning on this is done in the utmost secrecy, and only the very top level commanders (Silver Knights and Airindale Supreme Command, probably Teodor also) will be informed. During planning sessions all participants will be covered with Mind Blank to prevent divinations.
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: Norinth Raid

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:15 am

I can tell you straight out the Airindalians does not support this idea:

1. Their elite squads have taken quite some significant losses during the Trias raid.
2. The Tactical Squads will be essential in the upcoming campaign and they have no intention of risking them to attack some mid-value target in the eve of battle.
3. Raiding typically implies dealing massive infrastructural damage as the cost of highly risking and often trading the lives of command squads and commanders, and frankly the Alliance cannot afford to lose more of their seasoned commanders.
4. Trias was probably the only major concentration of artificing industry in Norinth. Sure there are smaller concentrations in other towns - but again not valuable enough in the opinion of the elves. Of course the Imperium has been boosting Norinth's nonmagical industry since their arrival, but based on all information - they're also rather scattered out (no industrial sectors, only lone factories).

So unless you manage a plan to reduce danger to minimum levels... they're not doing it with you.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Re: Norinth Raid

Postby TheDude51 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:15 pm

Given that there are not any high-value targets to hit, I don't think a tactical spell raid like this would be worth it

If anyone has ideas for other raid or sabotage type activities we could perform, post them here.
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Random Discussions”