Adaptive Tactics

Anything game related or even semi-connected

Moderator: Zanaikin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Adaptive Tactics

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:50 pm

Okay guys, I understand that our character sheets are long, and that even if we highlight key points, it still takes us awhile to hack through our sheets. Nonetheless, we need to work on cutting down time spent figuring out what we're doing, and, in doing so, start creating procedures that will help us adapt to various situations. This goes mostly for casters and martial initiators, but it wouldn't hurt for our more adaptive characters as well.

For casters, this means going through spell list and creating quicklists of spells that work well together. It doesn't matter if they're blasting, boosting, or utility spells; organizing them will will move the game along quicker, and there will be far less frustration when the enemy catches us off guard.

For martial initiators, we'll need to do something similar with our maneuvers. If we know what we're about to face, we'll pick appropriate maneuvers, if not, we try to have a varied mix to account for the unexpected.

Any other pointers are welcome and recommended.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: Adaptive Tactics

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:18 am

This isn't quite what I meant xD, I don't think Drew reads enough military fiction lol.

What I suggested he lead in the creation of is general predefined battle plans. As in, contingency plans for a wide number of possible scenarios (for both opportunities and unexpected bad cases) that could be enacted right away, and its knowledge transferred to everyone by a single name or number, when it is needed. Of course, given that we're no pro military, we'll be trying to access the details of said plan from the forums rather than memorizing it.

Every military out there always plans for a large number of these battle plans, individually named with operational names or numbers, before any mission/campaign.

And the first set of battle plans I suggested, is how to make a proper withdraw when you are suddenly caught in a position that may either spell highly possible or definite defeat, and circumstances such as lockdowns and such should be part of this planning.

I first noticed that you guys needed something like this during the first against Tristan, that despite the horrid damage being accumulated during the surprise round you guys literally found yourself with no choice BUT to fight it out, mostly because you had no other plan that you could see. Well, you were lucky it was 4 lvl12s and a lvl20... but what if a fully epic squad came in? You still going to try duke it out in hopes of survival or would it be a better option with withdraw? Having an actual plan for withdraw in such a scenario makes a huge difference. At the very least, you wouldn't be panicking =P
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:43 pm

Well, there's at least one simple plan: If there's a lockdown, get yourselves next to Teodor. He can get everybody out of the lockdown due to Shadow Raider.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:22 pm

that only works on yourself, btw. I may actually, one of these days, write out a longer description of how exactly it affects everything. But for beginners, you don't transmute other ppl only yourself, and it's ranged is limited by your spot check (DC 0 but all penalties applied).
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Return to “Random Discussions”