War Loan

Anything game related or even semi-connected

Moderator: Zanaikin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

War Loan

Postby TheDude51 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:13 am

So, Naralan has just offered us 25 million gold.

What do we spend it on?

I was thinking first and foremost that we immediately begin work on the Prismatic Shield Generator, to ensure that Blackbog stays secure. Aside from that, we will want to upgrade the equipment of our various military units. Refer to the "Allies and Forces" thread for information on what we have to work with.
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Re: War Loan

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:29 am

Well, since we can afford it, let's get that generator, and go with the Mutli Prismatic Ward Generator. Kilar also mentioned something about getting a lockdown suppressor for the airships. We should look into both, immediately.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:36 am

|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:56 am

Are there any quality mercs we could hire with some of this cash? I realize it's unlikely (and that the paladins would have a fit!), but we're heavily outnumbered by all the other forces, despite our concentration of high-elites.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:58 am

|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:16 am

I would suggest that we invest in Assault Walkers, due to our current lack of long-ranged fire support. In addition, I feel that we should equip several squads, perhaps as much as a company, with Glyphic Grenade Launchers to provide further fire support.

EDIT: Glyphic Grenade Launchers containing glyphs of Earth Reaver and/or Ice Flowers (Both SpC) would work well. Ice Flowers is currently my favorite, since it creates difficult terrain in addition to dealing damage.

In addition, Drew suggested Gloves of Wraithstrike for our crusader companies. I agree with this. My initial calculations show that we can equip all of our Heavy Crusader Companies and all of our Heavy Cavalry Banners with Gloves of Extended Wraithstrike for approximately 2,227,500 gp.

Calculations:
Gloves of Extended Wraithstrike:
3 * 5 * 2000 * 2 + 5,000 = 65,000 (Caster level 3, spell level 5, double cost for 10/day, 5,000 extra for metamagic)
We get magic items at half market price, so it would be 32,500
Mass production discount for 700 identical items brings it down to 1/10th the normal cost, so the total cost is 3,250 for each pair

700 * 3,250 = 2,227,500 gp, which me and drew agree is well worth the benefit of having all our heavy melee-ers equipped with Wraithstrike for 20 rounds total per day.

If more than 250 of the men already have magic gloves and need to have them merged, the cost could rise, since we need at least 450 identical items to get the full 90% discount.
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:15 am

I'm saying we invest in some Assault Walkers (*cough*AT-ATs*cough*) and Light Assault Walkers (AT-STs).
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:11 am

As per what was discussed last night, I think we should invest some of the money into what I'm calling FRHSTs (Fast Response Heavy Assault Teams) which would be groups of 10 or so heavy infantry equipped with adamantine golem armor, and a max ranged glyphic grenade launcher. Ideally, each team would be kept aboard the Retribution, and deployed in the dropships. The point being to create a powerful, heavily armored, ranged support team that could be used to patch weak spots, break stalemates, and exploit weaknesses.
(Diplomacy 62, if necessary).

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:56 pm

|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:07 pm

Would is be possible to purchase more Dropships like the ones we got with the Retribution?

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:56 pm

|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:08 pm

Final Proposal: Mobile Heavy Weapons Support Team

Mithral Golem Armor x16
Glyph Grenade Launcher (Max range) x16

Purpose: To create to two (four) mobile strike teams that would deploy from the airships. Each squad would have 8 members, split into two groups, the purpose being to create mobile heavy infantry support team. (Diplomacy 60) Assuming this goes through, Derovarr begins searching for candidates immediately.

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:22 pm

|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:52 pm

Well, Derovarr's concern is how many we can fit inside each dropship. If possible, he'd like to make it 24 suits, with 12 per squad. If possible, then we might also want to make it 12 adamantine suits, and 12 mithral suits. The adamantine squad would move in and draw the enemy's attention, while the mithral suits would use their superior maneuverability (which could be further enhanced for a comparatively low cost (EX: Giving the suits constant airwalk to allow them to bypass difficult terrain) to circle around and flank opponents, or rapidly advance upon an weakening enemy line.

With reguards to airships. Derovarr's interest in obtaining more will depend on the success of the current strike teams. If they prove to be an efficient and effective force, then more squads, and, more dropships will definitely be required. Though, its worth mentioning that the current dropships will be coming under their fair share of enemy fire, and having one or two alternates in storage wouldn't hurt. Also, not having to rely on the airships presence would be nice. So, perhaps purchasing two more would be in order (Diplomacy 66)?

Also, since the wraithstrike idea doesn't seem to be reaching high command's approval, perhaps we should then invest in Boots of Airwalk/Fly and Greater Expeditious Retreat, to help compensate for a lack maneuverability.

Active Characters:

Return to “Random Discussions”