Karhedros talks with Ulrich

Anything game related or even semi-connected

Moderator: Zanaikin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Karhedros talks with Ulrich

Postby Squall255 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:53 pm

[18:18] squall2551337: "why hello Karhedros, what has brought you to my humble quarters? is anyone hurt?"
[18:19] judson256: "I am sure that someone, somewhere, is hurt. But our forces are as fine as they could be expected to be at the moment."
[18:19] judson256: "No, I came to discuss something a bit less tangible."
[18:20] judson256: "I have been wondering about something since I arrived here."
[18:20] squall2551337: "if I know the answer I will surely give it. but first, you must ask the question."
[18:21] judson256: "Well said. Correct me if I am wrong. The church of Misalen, as I understand, is heavily involved in the government."
[18:23] squall2551337: "Aye. Missalin is run by a theocracy. Surely you agree that there are many kinds of forces in this world, and that each nation has the right to decide to which it's allegiance lies?"
[18:24] judson256: "I do indeed, and I was not criticizing. This is merely laying the groundwork for my true question, making sure it is not based on false assumptions."
[18:24] squall2551337: "ok then carry on."
[18:25] judson256: "You, as a priest of your Gods, are an agent of the Church, and thus of Misalin itself, sworn, one would assume, to serve and protect your country until the death."
[18:26] squall2551337: "Aye. as I have said to my allies, my duty is to the gods first, Missalin second, and the church third."
[18:26] judson256: "Now this leads to the crux of my confusion. Misalin has recently suffered heavily at the hands of the Norinth invasion, as have we all."
[18:27] judson256: "And yet, rather than being at home, tending to the needy and rebuilding what must be a terrible ruin, you are here. Here in Archeron, a hundred miles from home, fighting a war that is not yours."
[18:29] squall2551337: "Ah, but it is our war. Our war has not and will not end untill others are safe from the Norinth threat, and we have the Holy Relic returned to us."
[18:30] squall2551337: "we have ample healing and strength back home for we are not being attacked currently. The gods have sent a few of us to come to the aid of the other countries."
[18:32] squall2551337: "A wise decision as always on their part, for what better way to spread the good word of the gods, than by saving the people who need saving? As it says in our holy texts, watch a man starve and do nothing, and he will hate you as much as his lack of food, but break your fast with him, and he will think highly of your generosity."
[18:33] judson256: "Wisdom indeed. Was it then these foul orcs that took your Holy Relic?"
[18:36] squall2551337: "Nay, Kati knows more than I, but she has told me that it was the rulers of Norinth who stole it from us. and if we are going to get it back from them, then we will need all the aid we can get. The gods require hard work from us in order to achieve their ends, but in the end nothing is impossible. we WILL retrieve our sacred sword after our allies are free from these orcs."
[18:37] judson256: "The destruction of Norinth is indeed a worthy, if lofty, goal to aspire to."
[18:38] judson256: "Your objective here, then, would be to make allies of the Archeronians so that they will help you in your quest?"
[18:40] squall2551337: "Aye. Aid from the elves would be stupendous, as well, but we will not force your people to do something that you are not willing to. The gods have given us freedom of choice, so we ,as their servants, must honor it."
[18:41] judson256: "So if the Archeronians were to choose to remain at home and rebuild, rather than joining you to attack Norinth, that would also be their choice?"
[18:42] squall2551337: "Aye it would for an unwilling ally is no ally at all. However, we will continue to seek the Holy Sword at all costs."
[18:43] judson256: "Of course."
[18:43] judson256: "Thank you for your time Ulrich, this has been most informative."
[18:45] judson256: --END TRANSMISSION--
[18:46] squall2551337: "anytime. if you have more questions, feel free to ask. that is the only way to aquire knowledge, is it not?" have a good evening Karhedros."
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:12 am

still working on Penthiaen history, but there are some really ugly scars in the past in Airindale-Archeron relationships that is the reason for their constant warring.

1. Airindale wasn't always so peaceful. Matter of fact it was the Archeronians who rebelled from the old Airindale and the first wars were a series of attempted 'suppressions' by the elves. (Airindale & the arcane elves are actually mostly lawful in my world :P).

2. I'm still working on trying to fill the details and patch holes, but one of the old grudges which few people still remember, is that Archeron once murdered entire noble families of Airindale in their quest for power. The only artifact that was originally built to be linked to humans after all, was Erylon - the Misalinian one.

3. Still editing but Airindale doesn't neccessarily have a taboo with Divine magic, they have a problem with Druidic magic (which I will separate from clerical-type spellcasting since it draws power from separate sources on Penthiae). However, once again, the nation has a low tolerance for anything abnormal, and divine magic isn't exactly common anywhere but Misalin.

You'll need a good amount of history/nobility ranks to know any of the details here. Otherwise you simply heard 'something regarding isn't but it's completely sure if that's real history or just propaganda for war.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Return to “Random Discussions”