Anything game related or even semi-connected

Moderator: Zanaikin

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: Military Strategies

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:58 pm

No the elves didn't prepare symbol spells, not that there's any room to making much more of those spells. The primary component (most costly one at least) of symbol spells is still diamonds... seriously diamond on Penthiae are dropping to a point of complete depletion, not to mention you really haven't asked them to prepare any, it's way too late to even try to start casting a tactical symbol. Furthermore, the fundamental issue you keep forgetting is - you can't make symbol of insanity attuned to too many people - good for a single squad raid, useless in company/regimentional battles.

Weird and Horrid Wilting are burst spells that require individual targetting, which makes them pretty much useless as tactical spells - a mage can't individual target across that range to that kind of precision, that's like asking a human brain to track as many targets as an aegis system.

as for the fogs, well everyone already expects their effects to be temporary. They won't create chokepoints though. The concept of trying to create a chokepoint in a 3 dimensional battle is laughable - there are way too many directions to turn. It's main job is simply to delay an opponent while they do have to change direction and circumvent around the fogs
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Military Strategies

Postby Laharl » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:38 pm

Radar makes illusions all but worthless, fyi. Also, I still have a couple Symbols, but they are attuned to the command squad only.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Random Discussions”