Things to do during downtime

Anything game related or even semi-connected

Moderator: Zanaikin

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sun May 06, 2007 8:12 am

[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun May 06, 2007 3:04 pm

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Sun May 06, 2007 4:07 pm

|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Sun May 06, 2007 5:18 pm

Dai, you probably need to give us a little more guidance. You may do well with "Go, do something." but we obviously don't. As such, you need to tailor your style a little to your players, just as we have tailored our playing style to the DM.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun May 06, 2007 5:50 pm

I suppose the first thing my chacter would do the first day is report to Kati, and inquire as to what happens next: Will he be granted additional troops, or is he still just another member of the stirke team?

Secondary Motive: Where in the Nine Hells is that evil aura coming from?

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Sun May 06, 2007 6:07 pm

ok so between smithers and I we have 19 6 hour "craft sessions".

First 4: retain essense on 4 of the belts of str +2. XP gain 640XP
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Fri May 18, 2007 8:50 pm

(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Tue May 22, 2007 10:45 pm

(|)
(|)

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Wed May 23, 2007 1:12 am

"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Wed May 23, 2007 1:17 am

(|)
(|)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu May 24, 2007 5:51 pm

I'm still working on the game summaries, done up to the battle vs. frostmaster now.

however, let me summarize the next portion of the ingame situation, since good chance the formal game update won't be written in time.

after the meeting with the Kingdom & Naralan diplomats, they left. The Kingdom went back to the skies with their ship, while the Naralans landed their four sky galleons and teleported out through the teleportation keep. A meeting resumed between the military commanders in the command center.

while most of the units crippled by the battle are finishing their reorganization and replenishing/merging efforts, the commanders must decide on what units to spare and send to the aid of Archeron. Diplomatic message from Konstantin Gant, the 'former' Archeron ambassador, claims that the orcs have began organizing efforts in preparation to attack South Archeron in order to wipe out the last remnants of the nation and eliminate their threat. While they know without sufficient help Archeron would not survive past this offensive, the high commanders also feel uncomfortable draining any more manpower from the feeble military Misalin has remaining, for it is hard to guard the vast countryside with only the few regiments of remaining troops.

not to mention the Church wish to draw several regiments along most of the church priests and the creationist guild to begin reconstruction efforts.

the meeting was disbanded before coming to any official solution. However the four high commanders (Kati, Lenneth, Cary, Kovis) met afterward to discuss one particular plan. They decide to send Kovis and his elite aerial cavalry core unit, accompanying one of the new sky galleons, to east of Blackbog Keep to cut off their supply lines. Divination has already determined that while enemy forces retreated back to Blackbog, only a few small groups of goblins and orcs left towards the east, as most of them remained inside, possibly staying in meager hopes of organizing another attack. With their morale already routed, and their supplies abandoned when they fled from the Winchester battlefield, Lenneth believes that cutting off their supply lines would further drain what remaining confidence they have and deal a final blow to fracture the cooperation between the various tribes within their army.

If that were to happen, Lenneth expects the bulk of their troops to disband and leave back for their homeland, while those remaining will throw their most capable troops at Kovis in an attempt to break the supply blockade. It will be during that time when the defense of the Keep is weakened, that the three other commanders will lead elite units in to infiltrate the keep and dismantle their chain of command, and retake the keep by routing the leaderless troops remaining.

Kovis and his troops will leave on the mission before nightfall with one Sky Galleon, while Cary and Kati are told to assemble their strike forces and get acquainted with two of the other Sky Galleons, which will be utilized for the assault.

IN THE MEANTIME, everyone work on ideas of what you shall be doing during this downtime.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun May 27, 2007 5:03 am

|

()

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Wed May 30, 2007 12:56 am

[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Wed May 30, 2007 12:19 pm

(|)
(|)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed May 30, 2007 2:50 pm

|

()

Return to “Random Discussions”